X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sdinner10
    replied
    Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
    What saved him was that last game vs. Arizona's 2nd and 3rd teamers...

That's why he wasn't cut...he showed promise...he didn't show he was the best MLB on their roster...he showed he had potential.

That, my friend, is what saved him
    I tend to agree. I think after the rough training camp he had in terms of his personal life and having to miss a ton of camp, all he needed was to show some promise to warrant staying on the team. That being said, I do think he could be good, and will be interested in how he does once he catches up for the missed TC time.

Leave a comment:

• PhxBroncofan4
    replied

That's why he wasn't cut...he showed promise...he didn't show he was the best MLB on their roster...he showed he had potential.

I would think the other games and practice had alot to do with it. He's already exeeded many expectations with MANY more to follow.

To me the other MLBers haven't busted a grape so far! What I saw with Niko was alot of posing(especially on the sidelines), Nate well Nate is Nate. huh

Spencer is a blue collar(old school) player he will be relentless everytime he touches the field. He WILL get on the field on D sooner than many think and when he does lookout.... Also, 110% effort and a play maker that what you get everytime with him.

Oh and he got less than half the reps and made more plays. go figure
    Last edited by PhxBroncofan4; 09-01-2008, 09:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ciege
    replied
    i really enjoy watching this man play! I watched some pre-season and watched the hits he layed and the areas he was in. He reminds me of a safety. He is not over aggressive, but waits for teh play to develop before joining it. On his blitz though, he laid the QB out as he threw, unfortunately, no one was able to pick it off but it landed incomplete. then again, it might be that the play was heading his way and he wants to wait for others to get there before he over pursues it. I'm not sure which it is, but I look forward to what this gentleman has to offer us!

Leave a comment:

• getlynched47
    replied
    Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
    Actually I think if it wasn't true he would have been cut.

Leave a comment:

• Cutler2007
    replied
    That's what you think...but it's not true...obviously if it was true he would be starting...

Also, Larsen didn't go against the 1st teamer Cardinals...Niko Koutouvides did...
    Actually I think if it wasn't true he would have been cut.

Leave a comment:

• getlynched47
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I would have to say that Larsen outplayed Niko and Webster in the preseason. More tackles, 1 fewer solo, more interceptions (1), more QB pressures, and more special teams plays. Yes he was going against lower players but in the last game it was 2nd team broncos with Larsen going against 1st team Cards defense. He played fairly well. I don't think he will start this year either but with an injury or 2 he very well might. Next year is a definite possibility with the playbook learned, 1 year of experience playing and working out behind him.
    That's what you think...but it's not true...obviously if it was true he would be starting...

Also, Larsen didn't go against the 1st teamer Cardinals...Niko Koutouvides did...

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    I would have to say that Larsen outplayed Niko and Webster in the preseason. More tackles, 1 fewer solo, more interceptions (1), more QB pressures, and more special teams plays. Yes he was going against lower players but in the last game it was 2nd team broncos with Larsen going against 1st team Cards defense. He played fairly well. I don't think he will start this year either but with an injury or 2 he very well might. Next year is a definite possibility with the playbook learned, 1 year of experience playing and working out behind him.

Leave a comment:

• PhxBroncofan4
    replied
    I'm freakin sick and tired off all the rookie hype people bring up. The only rookies to be hyped about are Royal and Torain because they are skill position players. The rest of them...forget them they aren't going to be Super Stars, at least not this year. Larsen WILL NOT start this season due to the simple fact that Websters starting, and if Webster goes down, Koutouvides will start. If Koutouvides goes down, we could see DJ Williams go back to MLB for a few games and Woodyard starting at WLB....Larsen will not start at all this season

Only the skill players/Super Stars matter??????? Last I checked having great players at all positions is good and they are vital to TEAM play? maybe I'm missing something here!?

You sound just like some Bears fans when I posted over there about Lance Briggs 5 years ago. I'll put my money on Spencer the same as Lance!

If you'd like to compare football knowledge and especially LB spot lets g
    Last edited by PhxBroncofan4; 09-01-2008, 02:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Zanders76
    replied
    It doesn't seem so much as hype as it is evaluating the players potential given the limited exposure we have been given. That's what happens when cuts are made, people evaluate and discuss their opinions on the abilities of players compared to their positional counterparts. IOW.. it's not that big of a deal.

Leave a comment:

• getlynched47
    replied
    I'm freakin sick and tired off all the rookie hype people bring up. The only rookies to be hyped about are Royal and Torain because they are skill position players. The rest of them...forget them they aren't going to be Super Stars, at least not this year. Larsen WILL NOT start this season due to the simple fact that Websters starting, and if Webster goes down, Koutouvides will start. If Koutouvides goes down, we could see DJ Williams go back to MLB for a few games and Woodyard starting at WLB....Larsen will not start at all this season

Leave a comment:

• PhxBroncofan4
    replied
    Wow you guys are a tough sell!

Here is what I saw. First the missed tackle and fumble caused by Woodward AND Spencer. Spencer missed him 1 or 2 yards in the backfield but the back made what appeared(till he fumbled) to be a great move and got away but was still in a VERY awkward position when he was hit by Woodward 2 or 3 yards downfield. Second the QB sack was Spencer flushed him and Woodward finished him,from what I saw.

In 3 quarters of play Dallas and AZ, Spencer was all over and involved in MANY plays. Like someone else pointed out MORE THAN some of the players ahead of him on the depth chart. Yeah it's 2nd and 3rd teamers but last I checked those are pretty good football players and he has the same on his side of the ball. I thought his coverage was pretty good overall and his field speed and quickness is showing up(he's always around the ball). I'd say he was around a 4.5 forty(in pads) on his return.

I also noticed the coaches on the sidelines(I sitting on the 50 behind our bench) coaching him up(good sign) after every sieres. He started on 2 or 3 special teams. He was calling the plays in the huddle and changing them based on the offence which is pretty good for a rookie who has learned 2 positions and missed part of camp!

If the other backers don't play well(and they haven't so far) or get hurt lookout........
    Last edited by PhxBroncofan4; 09-01-2008, 12:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• elevation INC
    replied
    Originally posted by Javalon View Post
    He obviously had some good plays but a lot of you (not all) are forgetting, or didn't notice, his bad plays. I'm not sure if he was lacking physically or if it was lack of experience or both but he did get schooled on several occasions.

I like the kid but I think he might be destined for the practice squad.

people are failing to do that with josh barret also

Leave a comment:

• Javalon
    replied
    He obviously had some good plays but a lot of you (not all) are forgetting, or didn't notice, his bad plays. I'm not sure if he was lacking physically or if it was lack of experience or both but he did get schooled on several occasions.

I like the kid but I think he might be destined for the practice squad.

Leave a comment:

• JaysusCutler
    replied
    Originally posted by sdinner10 View Post
    No, I'm talking about the play where the running back got through the line, and Larsen missed his tackle, but Woodyard (i believe) forced the fumble right after him.
    Oh. Nebbah Mind.

Leave a comment:

• elevation INC
    replied
    wow spencer has 1 good game against 3rd string o and we are ready to call him the starter???? no way, lets face it against better competition he has alot to learn.......

perhaps next year he will be able to challeneg but right now not a chance would i want him starting depsite hios play last night.

all his play did last night was give him a betetr chance to make the 53 and play special teams

Leave a comment:

Working...
X