Nate Jackson vs. Tony Scheffler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nate Jackson vs. Tony Scheffler

Just to change the mood a bit I thought I'd see your opinions on who should be starting behind Daniel Graham.

There are a lot of mixed feelings on the topic and I have yet to see a poll started to see where the loyalty lies.

IMO, Nate Jackson has been playing very well but Scheffler is the better athlete. The coaches have to know there is a strong Cutler/Tony chemistry, and that the two make game-changing plays. His foot is healed so what caused his demotion on the depth chart?
    Tony Scheffler
    80.77%
    Nate Jackson
    19.23%

Tony. They probably dropped him for motivational reasons, and to get a good look at Nate.

Comment

I wonder what this poll will end up looking like.

hmm

Comment

Both are injury prones..... but scheff has proved more in the offense during the regular season, and has had some sync with Cutler.

Until jackson proves something, I have to go with Scheff

Comment

I voted Tony, but got to admit Nate is pretty tempting. Tony I consider more proven due to yardage produced the last 2 seasons. But with Nate's awesome blocking skills and his recieving game picking up, wouldn't be surprised if ol' Nate stays our #2 for the year.

Comment

Nate Jackson hasn't proven jack. He's never been a contributer in the regular season. Scheffler has, so Tony better get more reps.

Comment

At least it's good to know, that we have some quality pass catchers at the TE position...

I'm very pleased with Nate Jackson after this preseason, and am hoping that he can stay healthy all year and contribute.

Comment

It's not that I hate Nate Jackson, I would just be really angry if the coaching staff throws away the Cutler-Scheffler chemistry. Jackson is a great #3 TE.

Comment

Originally posted by berlownacyo7s View Post
                  It's not that I hate Nate Jackson, I would just be really angry if the coaching staff throws away the Cutler-Scheffler chemistry. Jackson is a great #3 TE.
                  Exactly. Scheffler playing a whole season healthy and a healthy Cutler make for one dangerous combo

Comment

both are equal as far as I see it, but Nate can throw a block as well. This gives us more flex as a offense and forces dfenses to stay on their toes.

Comment

Both Nate and Tony are great TEs, but i think Cutler and Tony have more of a connection on the field. So i think Tony should be #2 TE.

Comment

Both guys are class acts but def Sheff!

Comment

Jay and Tony have man crushes on one another....

So for that reason....

I say Sheff.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
                            Just to change the mood a bit I thought I'd see your opinions on who should be starting behind Daniel Graham.

There are a lot of mixed feelings on the topic and I have yet to see a poll started to see where the loyalty lies.

IMO, Nate Jackson has been playing very well but Scheffler is the better athlete. The coaches have to know there is a strong Cutler/Tony chemistry, and that the two make game-changing plays. His foot is healed so what caused his demotion on the depth chart?
                            Well, Tony is the better pass target, but Nate blocks better.

Given that the first job of the TE is to block, my guess is that when Tony blocks well enough to beat out Nate he will take the number 2 position.

No loyalty required.

Sharpe was an outstanding receiver but he had to learn to block better to get the playing time. He was still never an outstanding blocker, like Graham, but he could manage the blocks enough on non-passing plays that it was worth it to keep him in full time and do double duty.

When Tony gets there, he will be like Sharpe, IMO.
                            You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

If it were not for Mike Shanahan, Jackson would be out of the league, so obviously the answer is Nate Jackson. It's good to be the Kings boy......

Comment

Working...
                              X