Should Jack Williams Return Kicks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Jack Williams Return Kicks?

Now that Eddie Royal is the starting No. 2 receiver, should the Broncos look at Jack Williams as a kick returner?

He looked pretty good on that INT return!

He wasn't very good at it in college only averaged like 21 ypr

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
    J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
    R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

I was going to start a thread on the same thing but figured I would get flamed for it.

Thanks for taking the job.

Comment

Originally posted by MindField View Post
        Now that Eddie Royal is the starting No. 2 receiver, should the Broncos look at Jack Williams as a kick returner?

He looked pretty good on that INT return!

i would say yes, he has the skills, royal is our number 2 we dont need him hurt, hall cant be hurt or our RB situation gets terrible, and alridge is out for the year, and martinez gets cut. i am all for this and have been since we scouted him before the draft. good post bro......

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
          He wasn't very good at it in college only averaged like 21 ypr

we really dont have anyone else

Comment

mindfield, i thought i read somewhere that shanny was going to have royal return kicks anyways.....

Comment

Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
              mindfield, i thought i read somewhere that shanny was going to have royal return kicks anyways.....
              yeah.. I read that as well. I'm betting Royal does.. but I thought they would find/use a kick returner while Marshal was suspended..

Comment

D. Will did it as a corner. I don't see why Royal can't do it as a receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                  yeah.. I read that as well. I'm betting Royal does.. but I thought they would find/use a kick returner while Marshal was suspended..
                  i think they will stick with hall and royal on KO, i just thought about something they used dre bly for a back-up PUNT returner last year, perhaps Jack williams will do Punts???

Comment

Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
                    i think they will stick with hall and royal on KO, i just thought about something they used dre bly for a back-up PUNT returner last year, perhaps Jack williams will do Punts???
                    He will probably be the backup to Royal in punt returns. I think Royal said he likes punt returns more and hes better at it, also Martinez was the backup and now hes gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post
                      He will probably be the backup to Royal in punt returns. I think Royal said he likes punt returns more and hes better at it, also Martinez was the backup and now hes gone.

true, and like i said i think royal will still do both but i could see jack williams getting the occasional shot back there.......

Comment

I was thinking they should put Alridge and Royal back to return kicks but now that Alridge is out I think Williams would be good.

He may not be the fastest but he has football speed and looks like a smart player so I think itd be worth a try. Definitely better than what we wouldve had with Martinez-In fact Im glad we cut him, he was slower than a turtle and had absolutely no moves or strength.

Edit: Have Williams and Royal back to return kicks.
                        sigpic

Comment

Returning an interception is way different than returning a punt. For one, our blocking was amazing on that INT return, unlike our punt and kick return squad.

Kick off teams are far more athletic than a standard offense populated by 5 big slow offensive lineman and a worthless QB. Only 5 people out there can really make a tackle.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post

Only 5 people out there can really make a tackle.
                            u listened very closely, when you watched highlights huh????? anyway bly can do it and williams already returned kicks in college so punts would be something new but they wouldnt be above his talent level.....

Comment

I don't think we'll really have a choice but to put Jack Williams next to Royal in kickoffs...I don't think we want to risk Andre Hall back there anymore

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Working...
                              X