Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last couple drafts...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Last couple drafts...

    Man, they've made some talent! Lets just take a look at current starters / impact players that have been drafted or picked up as UFAs

    Jay Cutler - Starter
    Selvin Young - Starter
    Elvis Dumervil - Starter
    Marcus Thomas - Starter
    Brandon Marshall - Starter
    Tony Scheffler - Damn good
    Ryan Clady - Starter
    Ryan Harris - Starter
    Payton Hillis - Starter
    Eddie Royal - Starter
    Hamzah Abduallah - Could be starting soon

    Guys on the roster that could make an impact:
    Wesley Woodyard
    Spencer Larsen
    Anthony Aldridge
    Ryan Torrain
    Jarvis Moss
    Tim Crowder
    Jack Williams


    Anybody I've missed? Was Andre Hall a UFA? Was Prater drafted / UFA by us? Our punter was UFA too right?

    And this is just from our last 3 drafts!

  • #2
    I agree. We have got some major talent the last few drafts. Its amazing looking at everyone from 06 on.

    Don't forget about '05 with D-Will(RIP) Foxy, and Paymah as well.
    "It's better to die on your feet, than to live a lifetime on your knees." -Emiliano Zapata
    R.I.P. D-Will & D-Nash R.I.P. Sean Taylor

    Comment


    • #3
      We didn't draft Abdullah, what are you talking about?
      sigpic
      Sig by Blondie79

      Comment


      • #4
        Also, we got Prater off Miami's PS.
        sigpic
        Sig by Blondie79

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm sure I will get crucified for this, but does anybody else think that scheff is a little overrated on these boards? He can't stay healthy, is our 3rd TE right now, and really hasnt done a whole lot in the couple of years hes been here. He has a TON of talent, but it hasn't turned to anything significant yet.

          He seems like our regular season Nate Jackson (or is Nate the pre-season Tony Scheffler?).
          Eddie Mac, The example every Bronco should try and live up to!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by xianman1 View Post
            I'm sure I will get crucified for this, but does anybody else think that scheff is a little overrated on these boards? He can't stay healthy, is our 3rd TE right now, and really hasnt done a whole lot in the couple of years hes been here. He has a TON of talent, but it hasn't turned to anything significant yet.

            He seems like our regular season Nate Jackson (or is Nate the pre-season Tony Scheffler?).
            I agree.

            Hey, I love Scheffler. But the guy has been getting injured since his rookie year.

            It's sad really. He's such a talented TE. Fast enough to run like a receiver..... A major weapon.

            Hopefully, this foot injury that he has isn't going to keep him out.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by CJ_5256 View Post
              I agree. We have got some major talent the last few drafts. Its amazing looking at everyone from 06 on.

              Don't forget about '05 with D-Will(RIP) Foxy, and Paymah as well.
              After watching this last game, I can't put Foxy and Paymah on that list. I hope they were playing totally vanilla and covering double vanilla.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                Man, they've made some talent! Lets just take a look at current starters / impact players that have been drafted or picked up as UFAs

                Jay Cutler - Starter
                Selvin Young - Starter
                Elvis Dumervil - Starter
                Marcus Thomas - Starter
                Brandon Marshall - Starter
                Tony Scheffler - Damn good
                Ryan Clady - Starter
                Ryan Harris - Starter
                Payton Hillis - Starter
                Eddie Royal - Starter
                Hamzah Abduallah - Could be starting soon

                Guys on the roster that could make an impact:
                Wesley Woodyard
                Spencer Larsen
                Anthony Aldridge
                Ryan Torrain
                Jarvis Moss
                Tim Crowder
                Jack Williams


                Anybody I've missed? Was Andre Hall a UFA? Was Prater drafted / UFA by us? Our punter was UFA too right?

                And this is just from our last 3 drafts!
                Abdullah was on somebody else's practice squad.

                And while nobody seems high on them right now , Foxworth and Paymah have been good depth for us from the draft 4 years back, while Darrent was a starter. (R.I.P.)

                Kuper was drafted back in 2006 and is now a starter.


                Overall, much better drafting in recent years. And really, I think UFAs should count because we obviously thought enough of them to go out and get them.
                "You can't take the sky from me..."
                ------
                "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                  I agree.

                  Hey, I love Scheffler. But the guy has been getting injured since his rookie year.

                  It's sad really. He's such a talented TE. Fast enough to run like a receiver..... A major weapon.

                  Hopefully, this foot injury that he has isn't going to keep him out.
                  Yeah.. its not really separate injuries.. its the SAME injury. He can't seem to get it right, and the more he pushes to get on the field to show he iS worthy, the more he injures his foot. So its one of those catch 22 things, like it is with all young football players.

                  But when Scheff IS on the field, he's pretty good receiving TE.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                    Man, they've made some talent! Lets just take a look at current starters / impact players that have been drafted or picked up as UFAs

                    Jay Cutler - Starter
                    Selvin Young - Starter
                    Elvis Dumervil - Starter
                    Marcus Thomas - Starter
                    Brandon Marshall - Starter
                    Tony Scheffler - Damn good
                    Ryan Clady - Starter
                    Ryan Harris - Starter
                    Payton Hillis - Starter
                    Eddie Royal - Starter
                    Hamzah Abduallah - Could be starting soon

                    Guys on the roster that could make an impact:
                    Wesley Woodyard
                    Spencer Larsen
                    Anthony Aldridge
                    Ryan Torrain
                    Jarvis Moss
                    Tim Crowder
                    Jack Williams


                    Anybody I've missed? Was Andre Hall a UFA? Was Prater drafted / UFA by us? Our punter was UFA too right?

                    And this is just from our last 3 drafts!
                    Yeah, this year alone I think 8 draftees made the team (Barrett may also make it on the PS) and four free agents will make it for now if you include Alridge who is on IR. My numbers will be off slightly but that is pretty good (Woodyard, Kern, Alridge, Polumbus). That is 12-13 total rookies on a 53 man roster counting the PS!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I've been wrong before, but I think Hall was an undrafted FA last year. Can anybody confirm?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by imahardkase View Post
                        I've been wrong before, but I think Hall was an undrafted FA last year. Can anybody confirm?
                        He was a cut from somebody else before the Broncos signed him. Before that I think he was on a couple different practice squads but never made an active roster.
                        "You can't take the sky from me..."
                        ------
                        "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          whats up with sheffler. why is everyone down on him.

                          did he get hurt again? i dont remember seeing anything that says he is hurt.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16 View Post
                            whats up with sheffler. why is everyone down on him.

                            did he get hurt again? i dont remember seeing anything that says he is hurt.
                            I don't think anything is hurt other than his pride and have Nate Jackson ahead of him on the depth chart.


                            I think Scheffler will be making plenty of catches even before Nate's inevitable injury and so people will lighten up on him soon enough.
                            "You can't take the sky from me..."
                            ------
                            "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Javalon View Post
                              I don't think anything is hurt other than his pride and have Nate Jackson ahead of him on the depth chart.


                              I think Scheffler will be making plenty of catches even before Nate's inevitable injury and so people will lighten up on him soon enough.
                              I think his foot was injured again early in training camp so he missed a lot. I think this is just for motivation, theres no way shanny would start nate over tony.....would he?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X