Acording to si.com we're going to go 8-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replied
    Neither the Saints or Chargers are going to the dance. New Orleans especially, that's just a ridiculous pick.

Us going 8-8, on the other hand...

Leave a comment:

• KS-BroncoGirl
    replied
    Yeah I was...

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    And whats with him saying San Diego has owned the division since 2004? Didn't we sweep them in 04 and 05? And one of the games in 05 was with our backups.
    ...at that game in 05 in Denver in which they WON. Really credible story there. I remember Champ returning that infamous INT for a touchdown. Remember, everyone has their opinion and that always changes as a season progresses when the cream rises to the top. Preseason picks usually make me laugh because it's usually off base somewhat.

Leave a comment:

• #13Yung Kartoon
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    And the chargers will be playing the saints (yea right) in the superbowl.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ictions/1.html
    From the article

AFC West

1. San Diego (13-3) -- Nowhere will the gap between the first and second-place team be more pronounced than in the AFC West, which San Diego in essence has owned since 2004. With those two playoff victories of last January under their belts, the Chargers are much more confident, less mercurial team. And did I mention they're driven to beat the Patriots?

2. Denver (8-8) -- We'll know plenty about these Broncos right off the bat, because they have home games against San Diego and New Orleans -- my two Super Bowl teams -- in Weeks 2 and 3. If they've made improvement, it's only marginal. The Broncos are 16-16 since winning the division in 2005, and more of the same .500 dance is on the way.

3. Oakland (5-11) -- If second-year quarterback JaMarcus Russell blossoms in what will amount to his rookie season, the Raiders could surprise some people this year and make a move toward the middle of the pack in the AFC. But for a team that has had the reverse Midas Touch on personnel for the past five years, that's a bit to ask and hope for.

4. Kansas City (3-13) -- Yes, it was a draft to remember, but then the preseason started and reminded everyone just how far Kansas City's rebuilding effort has to go. This year I can't even see the last-place Chiefs getting off to a hopeful getaway like last season's team, which was 4-3 en route to 4-12. It could be brutal from Week 1 on, when K.C. draws the dubious assignment of opening on the road in Foxboro.
    1.My question is does he know that Merriman aka the core of their defense will d*** near be hobbling with 2 ligament tears in his knee. But their offense should do well...
    2.Better O-Line,QB looks primed, RB's solid, D-Line pass rush subject, Run stop looking good, better LB's, CB the elite CB is still elite lol, Bly is okay, Safety can actually cover the pass, no disrespect to John Lynch
    3.The Faiders have no receivers even (BIG IF) if Russell does bloom. Like really all that have is a rookie RB who may or may not blossom, and an average at best QB.
    4. Chiefs are in rebuild mode, its gonna take them a couple of years to get to .500, IMO

Leave a comment:

• silkamilkamonic
    replied
    If Jacksonville, or Dallas makes the SuperBowl, I will eat my shorts.

Leave a comment:

• Lomax
    replied
    Originally posted by rainmaker View Post
    At least this critic left room to say the Broncos may have improved and we will see. Every other drivel I have read just said, "they sucked last year so they must suck this year." That little bit of critical verbiage only shows laziness and lack of research.
    Yep, that's pretty much what you can expect from SI, Fox Sports, ESPN, etc. These guys cover too many sports to cover small market teams without a lot of flashy names. Most of their insight is drivel (but still entertaining to read).

Leave a comment:

• SarahKay14
    replied
    Ummm strongly disagree... hope he eats his words. I do see San Diego being one our biggest threats this season though..

Leave a comment:

• rainmaker
    replied
    At least this critic left room to say the Broncos may have improved and we will see. Every other drivel I have read just said, "they sucked last year so they must suck this year." That little bit of critical verbiage only shows laziness and lack of research.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by Tatortot View Post
    If you thought that article was humorous, i would say your picks are completely hilarious. Dallas maybe, but Jax is only a playoff team, not a superbowl one.
    Don't underestimate the jags man, they were good last year and have made some big improvements over the offseason if they can stay healthy they have a good shot. besides once the playoffs come around anything could happen, if we make the playoffs I won't even rule us out I just think the jags are hungry and more than capable of getting the job done.

Leave a comment:

• sean669
    replied
    Boy I cant wait to play San Diego!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Buckin' Bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Tatortot View Post
    If you thought that article was humorous, i would say your picks are completely hilarious. Dallas maybe, but Jax is only a playoff team, not a superbowl one.
    Jacksonville isn't a lock by any means but don't underestimate them. They beat Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh twice, which includes a playoff game.

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by tat2matt View Post
    I don't think New Orleans will be in the SB, but I think people should pay more attention to them. If their defense is even above average, they'll be tough to beat.

He's right, though, we'll know a lot after those two games.
    yeah.. I think those games will be a good barometer as to how much we have improved and where our team is going or where they are at for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Tatortot
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    I agree the whole article was humorous I'd have to honestly say my superbowl picks are jacksonville vs dallas this year

Leave a comment:

• tat2matt
    replied
    I don't think New Orleans will be in the SB, but I think people should pay more attention to them. If their defense is even above average, they'll be tough to beat.

He's right, though, we'll know a lot after those two games.

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    And whats with him saying San Diego has owned the division since 2004? Didn't we sweep them in 04 and 05? And one of the games in 05 was with our backups.

Leave a comment:

• berlownacyo7s
    replied
    I think that's right. I personally think we will go 9-7, but then again I am biased. But if you look at our schedule there are 9 games that we are more than capable of winning as long as we don't scew the pooch like we did against Detroit last year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X