In the eyes of the opposing teams...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the eyes of the opposing teams...

In the eyes of the opposing teams how do you think they view us on a challenge level??. I mean logically if you think about it, if you are not intimidated by a team you would be very confident. And sometimes that confidence leads to wins, RB's hitting the hole with confidence, QB's throwing the ball with confidence. So how do you think other teams perceive us, and what teams do you think would view us as a serious threat?
    2010 Draft
    1st Round- ILB: Rolando McClain (Alabama)
    2nd Round- DE: Allen Bailey (Miami)
    3rd Round- C: Stefen Wisniewski (Penn State)
    4th Round- CB: Walter Thurmond (Oregon)
    6th Round- KR/PR: Brandon Banks (KSU)
    7th Round- RB: Stafon Johnson (USC)

FA Signings-
    NT: Casey Hampton
    OG: Logan Mankins

"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

I think opposing teams are going to try and run on us until we prove we can stop it. Which IMO is going to work in our favor because I feel we are set up to be a very good run defense this year.

The weird thing is teams will most likely fear the pass more than the run from us (when was the last time that was the case, 1995?) Just the threat from JC's arm is going to give Young and Hall a lot of running room.

I also see every team in the league blitzing the hell out of us because of our 1st year starters at OT. If they continue to perform well, expect Cutler to hit plenty of big plays.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
    J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
    R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

I believe they will fear the offense as an entirety, but wonder if they can exploit our O-Line. And they don't know what to expect from our defense as we completely changed schemes.
      sigpic

Comment

I think our passing game is now something to be a little fearful of. Especially once Brandon gets back. Our run game is going to be top notch, imo. Everyone SHOULD be playing their heart out because of the competetion at the position. But the biggest question is the Line. If the line continues like they have been, we should be in a great position.

Our D is something else. The Pass D will be feared as long as we have Champ. He always provides for a legit threat to any QB's pass.
        But the Run is where teams, if they have a mediocre RB, will now they can hit us. & will continue to do until we prove we can slow them down. & Only time will tell if we will be able to.

Comment

Judging by the preseason games, opposing teams will have no second thoughts in throwing the ball down the field for big gains.
          sigpic

Comment

I dont see us as any real threat to any contending team. Colts, Pats, Chargers etc.

I'm not sold on our defense. And I'll wait to see how well our OL gels and if we can run the ball or not.

I'm more worried about other teams we gotta play, especially the Raiders on Monday night, I dont have a good feeling about this game at all gang.

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
              Judging by the preseason games, opposing teams will have no second thoughts in throwing the ball down the field for big gains.
              I wouldn't be so sure of this, Champ, Bly, and Hamza played very little in the preseason. Foxworth gave up a lot of yards and plays but he will only be the nickel back. If you had more QB pressure from the starting front 4 which also played very little as well as adding blitzes from the LB's I would expect the pass D to be much better in the regular season.
              sigpic

Comment

I think a lot of teams will right us off as easy wins, but boy are they in for a surprise when we destroy them. We are definately not the same team as last year. Robertson is a monster on the line, so they won't have an easy time shoving the ball down our throats on runs, passing will be hard with our backfield. The offense looks great, many weapons for Cutler to use. Good luck to the other teams.
                sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                  Well thankgoodness, the pre-season is just that___the pre-season; anyway, the last "pre-season" game, it looked like there wasn't any blitzing untill the last quarter! When we sent people in on a blitz, it looked like the D was holding its own! I think in time we'll be alright!
                  Haze gray and underway!

Comment

Originally posted by antipas View Post
                    Well thankgoodness, the pre-season is just that___the pre-season; anyway, the last "pre-season" game, it looked like there wasn't any blitzing untill the last quarter! When we sent people in on a blitz, it looked like the D was holding its own! I think in time we'll be alright!
                    We really never blitz until the 2nd half of games. In the 2nd half of all preseason games, we surrendered 26 points (that would be 13 points per game). The last game was a shut out in the 2nd half.

Preseason is not just for testing players, but for seeing how schemes work or do not work. Hopefully the success of our blitzes carry over to the regular season.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                    J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                    R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

I'm still not too worried about the deep ball. Champ and Dre will do fine, expecially with speedy safeties to back them up, and a line that can actually stop the run (so champ doesn't have to do it for them).

What I'm worried about is those quick 10-15 yarders that Rogers and Warner were killing us on. Different blitzes, and pressure should help, but those quick passes can add up to a lot of yards really quickly.

Comment

With Williams, Bailey and back-ups Green, Winborn, we have a very good LB corp to stop the short passes and outside runs. Improvments at DT and run-stopping MLBs(Nate and Niko) should greatly improve our heavy-run defense as well as help put pressure on the QB. Our CBs are still solid for both short and deep routes. My concern is still the zone from MLB strait back between the S.

With the addition of Lowry(a ball hawk and heavy hitter perfect against the short passes in MLB territory), we can play McCree back- filling this void. Abdullah is a solid back-up for both positions. I'm hoping we add a pure CoverS(better then Abdullah against the pass) for depth in case McCree gets hurt. That would fill all the holes in our Defense. Bringing in the CoverS in place of Lowry on Nickle packages and moving McCree up would leave only our NB as the weak point and create fierce competition for that role between 22, 42 and 26.

If I was an offensive coordinator, I would have serious problems against such a Defense-much like the problems our stout Offense will give defensive coordinators.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderHater9899 View Post
                          I think our passing game is now something to be a little fearful of. Especially once Brandon gets back. Our run game is going to be top notch, imo. Everyone SHOULD be playing their heart out because of the competetion at the position. But the biggest question is the Line. If the line continues like they have been, we should be in a great position.

Our D is something else. The Pass D will be feared as long as we have Champ. He always provides for a legit threat to any QB's pass.
                          But the Run is where teams, if they have a mediocre RB, will now they can hit us. & will continue to do until we prove we can slow them down. & Only time will tell if we will be able to.
                          The pass D is not to be feared until we get a decent pass rush. As for Champ, there is the entire other side of the field and there are tight ends and RB's and slot receivers to throw the short pass to.
                          You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

This year, the broncos are coming off of a 7-9 losing season. So far, from what i have seen, skeptics are predicting the Bronx to go 9-7 this season. Thats been optomistic. Most are seeing a repeat of last season. This is a great opportunity for the broncos to prove that there will be no repeat of last seaon. And i just love it when the orange and blue are under the radar.

Most team will pound the run against the broncos, until the broncos can stop the run. From what i have see in the preseason, the run D looks 10x better than last season. But then again, its just preseaon. In my opinion, the broncos should appear as a threat to every team they play this season. I expect to see tons of big plays from the Offense this year.

Comment

Well, I strongly believe all of the teams scout eachother pretty well. Just because some ESPN columnist takes 5 minutes to judge teams based on last season's record and big named draft and FA acquisitions doesn't mean coaches do. I don't believe coaches and players even consider the season record when determining what they will do. Certainly in the division, we know eachother pretty well. I highly doubt any teams in the division are looking past the Broncos. And though the Chargers probably expect to win, I don't think they expect a lopsided competition like last season.

That said, I think coaches will probably view the DL as a weakness and attempt to exploit it. Vertical offenses like the Raiders will likely take quite a few more deep drops than usual to exploit the seams and test the safeties.

I expect to see the Chargers do this as well. Certainly the run is a big part of their gameplans anyway, but I think we'll see teams try to open it up on us and max protect vs. the blitz until we can get a rush on the passer. At least, that's what I'd do.

On Defense, everybody knows Cutler has a cannon-arm, but I don't think the WR unit scares anyone with at least one good corner and safety. I think Oakland may very well load the box expecting that their secondary will be able to handle the WR group that doesn't have Marshall.

That's what I imagine anyway. Nobody knows for sure how they will try to attack us.
                              Last edited by Lomax; 08-31-2008, 11:06 PM.
                              "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X