Practice Squad Signings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muse View Post
    We've definitely had a couple of kickers on there before. Ernster, Hayden Epstein...Prater was signed off Miami's. It kind of seems like a waste, but most punters are a little erratic in their early years and keeping Paulescu on call may be prudent.
    Those were all placekickers in a situation where Elam no longer did kickoffs and seemed to struggle with his hamstring a lot. Unless there's a reason to worry about Kern's health, I'd be surprised to see Paulescu on the practice squad. (But I did forget we'd had that many on the PS. )

The Broncos made their decision on their punter and they shouldn't second-guess, in my opinion. But maybe Shanny won't agree with that philosophy.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon View Post
      Those were all placekickers in a situation where Elam no longer did kickoffs and seemed to struggle with his hamstring a lot. Unless there's a reason to worry about Kern's health, I'd be surprised to see Paulescu on the practice squad.

The Broncos made their decision on their punter and they shouldn't second-guess, in my opinion. But maybe Shanny won't agree with that philosophy.
      I'm more with you thinking it would be a waste of a PS spot...imo. We don't have unlimited PS spots.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernBronco View Post
        http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...PORTS/80831015

Safety cut by Titans claimed by Broncos

* Post a Comment
        * Recommend
        * Print this page
        * E-mail this article

* Share this article:
        * Del.icio.us
        * Facebook
        * Digg
        * Reddit
        * Newsvine
        * What’s this?

NASHVILLE — The Denver Broncos claimed former Tennessee Titans safety Calvin Lowry off waivers today.

Lowry was among the players released by the Titans on Saturday.
        Advertisement

A fourth-round pick in 2006 out of Penn State, Lowry had 62 tackles and two interceptions in 32 games with the Titans.

— Jim Wyatt, Gannett Tennessee
        Okay, I must not understand the criteria for the practice squad. I thought being active for 2 seasons (or 32 games) meant players were no longer eligible.

Anyone know the specifics?
        ------

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon View Post
          Okay, I must not understand the criteria for the practice squad. I thought being active for 2 seasons (or 32 games) meant players were no longer eligible.

Anyone know the specifics?
          Well, he won't be going to the practice squad. If you pick up a player from waivers, he goes to your active roster. This means that there will be another move coming ... either a cut or a player moved to one of the reserve lists.

On a related note ... (http://blogs.nfl.com/category/news/?campaign=ec0005) under the More Moves Coming section:

Center Andy Alleman, whom the Saints cut Saturday, was claimed by seven different teams but was awarded to the Miami Dolphins. Other teams that put in claims for him were Arizona, Denver, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Miami, the Jets and the New England Patriots.

Comment

Originally posted by neutessa View Post
            Well, he won't be going to the practice squad. If you pick up a player from waivers, he goes to your active roster. This means that there will be another move coming ... either a cut or a player moved to one of the reserve lists.
            D'oh! It's the "Practice Squad Signings" thread so when it was posted here I just assumed the PS.
            ------

Comment

On a related note ... (http://blogs.nfl.com/category/news/?campaign=ec0005) under the More Moves Coming section:

Center Andy Alleman, whom the Saints cut Saturday, was claimed by seven different teams but was awarded to the Miami Dolphins. Other teams that put in claims for him were Arizona, Denver, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Miami, the Jets and the New England Patriots.
              Hmmm.... I hope Nalen is pulling through okay with the knee.
              sigpic

Comment

Ya I wanted him as one of the guys we should go after. I do not hink he even fits Miamis style of blocking. Another guy I want Danny Ware has drawn interest:

"Citing an NFL source, the NY Daily News reports that "several teams" have shown interest in Giants RB Danny Ware.
                The Giants kept five tailbacks (also Brandon Jacobs, Derrick Ward, Ahmad Bradshaw, and Reuben Droughns), possibly with an eye on trading one. The Falcons were known to have interest in Ware early in the offseason."

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/pla...rt=NFL&id=4498

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

That Danny Ware looks like a tank if he comes in one of our power backs will be cut and every knows Torain looks the better back then Pittman so if we cut Pittman and get Ware to carry the ball on 3rd and short and goal-line we should be ok till Torain comes back and shows everyone why he is the next TD

Comment

Originally posted by 15thebeast View Post
                    That Danny Ware looks like a tank if he comes in one of our power backs will be cut and every knows Torain looks the better back then Pittman so if we cut Pittman and get Ware to carry the ball on 3rd and short and goal-line we should be ok till Torain comes back and shows everyone why he is the next TD
                    Ware also looked lights out returning KOs and I would rather not have Royal doing it.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                    J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                    R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Working...
                    X