Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Calvin Lowry Compete for a Starting Spot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very happy about this pickup.

Doesn't really mean much though that the Titans board was calling for Fishers head. So were we when we cut Barrett.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
      Yes, he had 1 return for 15 yards, but fumbled it away and then missed the tackle allowing the other team to score...they lost by 6.
      I love good research for a post, its always better then a flat out opinion, +1 if i could.

Comment

He's young and a big hitter. IDK much about this kid, but I do know that Fisher and Shanny talk so I hope Shanny was told to pick this kid up. I mean they moved Giffen I believe to CB so that Lowry could start. I hope that is a sign that he is talented and can start for us. Safety position is my biggest concern this year and I hope this is not just a stop gap, but a quality starter.

If he's good in the run, and we plan on doing alot of 8 in the box, then hopefully he can fill in there and help out.

IDK if the FS or SS goes in the box, could someone clarify this for me??
        And which one is Lowry, FS or SS?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
          Very happy about this pickup.

Doesn't really mean much though that the Titans board was calling for Fishers head. So were we when we cut Barrett.
          Good point, although in their case they're disgusted because Fish cut a guy who started 11 games last year and had 58 tackles who can lay people out, AND had a good preseason. In our case we're clamoring about a guy who has the size and had a good combine but was benched his senior year in college and has shown nothing in preseason and training camp so far.

2 very different situations - oh and I don't recall anyone calling for Shanahan's head (so far THIS season yet, especially not because of the Barrett cut).
          To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU#1 View Post
            He's young and a big hitter. IDK much about this kid, but I do know that Fisher and Shanny talk so I hope Shanny was told to pick this kid up. I mean they moved Giffen I believe to CB so that Lowry could start. I hope that is a sign that he is talented and can start for us. Safety position is my biggest concern this year and I hope this is not just a stop gap, but a quality starter.

If he's good in the run, and we plan on doing alot of 8 in the box, then hopefully he can fill in there and help out.

IDK if the FS or SS goes in the box, could someone clarify this for me??
            And which one is Lowry, FS or SS?
            I THINK Lowry was listed as a FS. Usually the SS goes in the box.
            To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

Originally posted by Humberg View Post
              I THINK Lowry was listed as a FS. Usually the SS goes in the box.

Thanks for the help, this must mean Hamza isn't the savior we hoped he was. What a bummer. I loved it when the annoucers say his name.

Comment

The terms SS and FS are interchangable. Some say Strong as in the 'up' or 'box' safety, some say Strong as in the last line of defense 'back' or 'cover' saftey. Likewise the Free could mean able to play both up and back compared to a fixed Strong safty.

Our depth chart seems to follow StrongS meaning CoverS and FreeS meaning capable to move 'up' or 'back'.
                SS(CoverS): Manuel, Abdullah, Rodgers
                FS(or just S): McCree

With the addition of Lowry, a 'box' safety, these terms and depth chart might change.
                SS('up' S): Lowry, McCree, Abdullah
                FS(or just S): McCree, Abdullah, Manuel<=>Rodgers
                Only one 3rd FS should be staying. With Lowry freeing McCree from the box, I'm hoping we keep Rodgers-a better CoverS then Manuel.

Comment

Working...
                X