No announcement yet.

4th to 5th Round Pick for Foxworth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This must be top secret stuff cuz there in nothing in the big sports media rumor mill. Might be bigger than a mid to lower round pick. I personally hope its for a pass rusher or a rb.
    Wanna play a game?? Check it out at milehighhitman7.webs.com

Comment

Originally posted by in.the.game View Post
      you know... if we pull a pick or two out of this deal i wonder...

could shanny be looking to make a move up already, targeting somebody that could be higher on the board than where we may draft?

definitely an interesting idea. but i still like the move. foxy sort of hinted at this last season anyway when we brought in bly, he felt he could start. he's a good dude, deserves the oppurtunity...
      Well, considering Shanny's emphatic switch to emphasising the importance of the draft, I'm not surprised that we're trying to pick up draft picks wherever possible. Considering that since 2005 the drafting department seems to have been doing their homework much better, it figures that Shanny's much more comfortable in that area. I don't think they'll be specifically targeting anyone at the moment - I think we're just stockpiling ammunition for when the time comes.

Makes a massive change from the days where we sent picks away left right and centre, eh?
      sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

I think the Arizona game soured Shanahan on Foxworth completely. I also think his involvement with the Players Association, and the fact he says and does alot off the field with radio and TV appearances, etc has hastened his path out of town.

Shanahan typically does not like distractions off the field for his players.

We will be lucky to get a fourth at this point. Too many holes in his game.

It's OK with me, I want to see what this Jack Williams can do, and this move results in a promotion for him.

Comment

Originally posted by muse View Post
          Well, considering Shanny's emphatic switch to emphasising the importance of the draft, I'm not surprised that we're trying to pick up draft picks wherever possible. Considering that since 2005 the drafting department seems to have been doing their homework much better, it figures that Shanny's much more comfortable in that area. I don't think they'll be specifically targeting anyone at the moment - I think we're just stockpiling ammunition for when the time comes.

Makes a massive change from the days where we sent picks away left right and centre, eh?
          yea, and the youth movement is undoubtedly for the better

Comment

It's all rumor at this point

I'm not expecting anything until it happens..I'm pretty sure these stupid reporters who pull this crap out of their a$* aren't involved in talks between the Broncos and other teams...they're full of "ish" if you know what I mean

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

I'm going to guess:

(1) Willis Mcgahee
              (2) Ricki WIlliams
              (3) 3rd-4th round pick in 2009

Comment

I looks to me that Shanahan is just accumulating draft picks. The draft has been our friend the last couple of years, and things are looking up. The draft is becoming the focus, and getting more picks just makes more sense. The more chances to find that quality player.

I'm guessing a 5th...but MIGHT be a fourth since that was the tender we put on him this offseason. Although no teams jumped at that then, they might be willing to do something not that its getting to game time.

I would be surprised if its a fourth.. but not OVERLY surprised.

Comment

Working...
                X