Raiders expected to Blitz Heavy!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raiders expected to Blitz Heavy!!!

The raiders have aquired what alot are saying to be the best CB tandem since

the 70's. So defensive coordinator is going to be comfortable with constant

blitz's. If this is the case i would like to see some better execution on screen

plays than what i saw in Pre season! Plus we know how dirty the raiders play

so look to see alot of facemasks and personal fowls if raiders fall behind @

halftime. I hope to see royal make some big plays but expect to see Stokley

step up in Bmarsh's abscence and also look to see Grahm have a huge game!!

PUMPED UP HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO BRONCO"S

While i agree with screens the problem is is that our best screen receiver is out for the game. Marshall is a beast after getting the ball in his hands. While i think that if we get Royal the ball in some space he'll be dangerous but i doubt he'll be able to use his speed to break away from either of those DBs.

Comment

Yeah they were just talkin about this on NFL Total Access. I think Royal can beat DeAngelo Hall or Nnamdi Asomugha, no doubt in my mind. With the speed Royal has you have to be constantly focused and stay on him. But sooner or later you are going to make a costly mistake and Royal will burn you deep. As for Darrell Jackson, I think he will get about 5 catches. Stokley should have a good game against the Raiders. He is very productive when needed to be. Look for Jay Cutler to spread the ball around.
      Originally posted by darth-hideous
      Champ losing a step, just means the rest of the NFL is now only two steps behind.
      Adopted by: CanDB & Peanut

Comment

This should just be a great test for Royal.

Shanny has bbeen saying that he was the best reciever vs the bump coming out of the draft, and I think this will be his chance to prove it, ESPECIALLY with BMarsh out.
        sigpic

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

Comment

Enter Peyton Hillis! Think of it. They blitz, and Cutler dumps it off to Hillis. I can see him barreling toward Hall right now! If they blitz, we can make them pay. I'm not worried.
          sigpic
          Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco-24 View Post
            Yeah they were just talkin about this on NFL Total Access. I think Royal can beat DeAngelo Hall or Nnamdi Asomugha, no doubt in my mind. With the speed Royal has you have to be constantly focused and stay on him. But sooner or later you are going to make a costly mistake and Royal will burn you deep. As for Darrell Jackson, I think he will get about 5 catches. Stokley should have a good game against the Raiders. He is very productive when needed to be. Look for Jay Cutler to spread the ball around.
            He's never played an NFL regular season game yet. Where you guys getting all this info from anyways?

He's 5/10 and a buck 80 wet.. How's he gonna block anyone?

Asomugha is 6'2 and 210

Eddie Royal will get arse tore trying to get by bigger more physical CB's

So far Royal has'nt proven a thing yet.

He might be a deep threat, but he'll be a big liability whens he's asked to block.

I hope he's got good health insurance.. I wouldnt go venturing in the middle if I were him

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie Man View Post
              Enter Peyton Hillis! Think of it. They blitz, and Cutler dumps it off to Hillis. I can see him barreling toward Hall right now! If they blitz, we can make them pay. I'm not worried.
              Or, Hillis could just pick up their blitz and block a guy (unlike say Travis Henry), and give Cutler enough time to take advantage of the blitz.
              sigpic

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

Comment

Assuming they do go blitz happy, I say:

1. Blitzing is risky.
                2. Our re-tooled O-Line and new FB will be in the spotlight.
                3. The point of the Draft and re-tooling was to firm-up the line and pass-blocking to give Cutler more time and protection.
                4. Out of the gate, the new stuff will be tested.
                5. Bring it on.

Comment

Plus, if we handle the blitz right, it opens up our run game. Everybody can't play like the 07 Giants. Puleez, bring it on.

Comment

Having the best secondary in the NFL allows you to do a whole lot of stuff on defense

Comment

Originally posted by FootballFanFla View Post
                      He's never played an NFL regular season game yet. Where you guys getting all this info from anyways?

Asomugha is 6'2 and 210

He might be a deep threat, but he'll be a big liability whens he's asked to block.

I hope he's got good health insurance.. I wouldnt go venturing in the middle if I were him
                      Voted as the dumbest post since seeing the other raider's dork in smack...

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                        Voted as the dumbest post since seeing the other raider's dork in smack...
                        Right up there with the Madden simulation??

Comment

Well then it's a good thing we changed around our scheme so we could take advantage of the fact that The Broncos have the best secondary in football.

Comment

Originally posted by FootballFanFla View Post

Asomugha is 6'2 and 210

You make absolutely no sense at all, other than simply sounding like a combative troll.

You say that Royal has proven nothing, hasn't played an NFL down yet........

So how can YOU say that he can't block and that he "will get arse tore trying to get by bigger more physical CB's" ?

By the way, I didn't realize that your starting corners are homosexual.......not that there's anything wrong with that.

Comment

I agree totally about hillis

he was a great addition to the offense. and i think it is time for raider fans to

sit back and wait til the raiders have a winning record instead of putting

hopes all on Mcfadden, the last best thing to come from Arkansas was Steve

Atwater i believe he was a Bronco that put many chills in the spines of

raiders.I cant remember when Arkansas put out a running back that lasted

more than 3 years in the NFL!!! As far as Russell goes well he has his work

cut out for him aginst our underated Defense!!! And i like being below radar

cuz gameday comes and goes teams are going to be saying "DANG WHERE

DID THEY COME FROM?"

Comment

Working...
                              X