• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FootballFanFla
    replied
    Originally posted by CutlersKilla006 View Post
    haha i beg to differ

Okay, so is there some sort of secret handshake to get you to state your case?

Leave a comment:

• Bowie Man
    replied
    Originally posted by SLVR and Black View Post
    Way to side-step. Do you think the offense is an upgrade or downgrade from last year?
    I'm back! Based on the preseason the Raiders offense definitely is not upgraded. And don't give me the "Well, it was a vanilla offense" it was a vanilla defense too. The Raiders offense is a one trick pony. It can only run the ball.

Leave a comment:

• Javalon
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Psssst. You forgot Ashley Lelie
    My bad!

Leave a comment:

• Orale Holmes
    replied
    Who are the raiders' starting at the WR position?

Leave a comment:

• Javalon
    replied
    Yep. In a perfect Silver and Black world, the Raiders wouldn't need to rely on the blitz to put pressure on Cutler. Richardson needs to step up this year and not let Burgess do all the work. If he pans out like the Raiders think he can, the DB's will have a field day back there.
    I like Burgess, even though he kind of fizzled a bit last year. I'm not sure what to make of Richardson because I didn't really notice him last season. What are the general thoughts on him (not hopes) in Raider country?

Also, what do you think of Tommy Kelly moving inside and getting all that dough? Is he going to sufficiently replace Sapp?

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by Javalon View Post
    I know you didn't ask me, but I'm answering anyway!

I think that's a tough question. Start with the offensive line, are they better or worse. I can't say for sure about most of the line but I know you've got Kwame freaking Harris as your LT. That aint' a good thing.

At running back, McFadden is a theoretical upgrade over Jordan but you never know until he proves it; he could be an overrated speedster like Reggie Bush. At receiver you replaced Porter with a gimpy (and possibly mentally scarred) Javon Walker. I like Walker when he's healthy and at full mental health but he will remain a question mark for a while.

And at QB, the Raiders obviously didn't have a good situation last year but you've settled on an admittedly strong-armed QB who severely lacks experience. Improvement? Maybe, maybe not.

So, you tell me. Is there anything concrete to show your offense is improved from last season?
    Psssst. You forgot Ashley Lelie

Leave a comment:

• Javalon
    replied
    Way to side-step. Do you think the offense is an upgrade or downgrade from last year?
    I know you didn't ask me, but I'm answering anyway!

I think that's a tough question. Start with the offensive line, are they better or worse. I can't say for sure about most of the line but I know you've got Kwame freaking Harris as your LT. That aint' a good thing.

At running back, McFadden is a theoretical upgrade over Jordan but you never know until he proves it; he could be an overrated speedster like Reggie Bush. At receiver you replaced Porter with a gimpy (and possibly mentally scarred) Javon Walker. I like Walker when he's healthy and at full mental health but he will remain a question mark for a while.

And at QB, the Raiders obviously didn't have a good situation last year but you've settled on an admittedly strong-armed QB who severely lacks experience. Improvement? Maybe, maybe not.

So, you tell me. Is there anything concrete to show your offense is improved from last season?

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Raiderjoe.. he's such a riot. He actually thinks he has a friggin CLUE whats going on.. and he's so completely clueless.

When was it he used to come here and brag about all the height and weight of each and every player... then brag about how they each ran the 40. He thought it was madden football.. figuring each of their stats came out to an 97...

Each DAY he would compare the hight, weight, bench press, and 40 time...... I think they won 2 games that year

For some reason, we didn't see much of him again after that

Leave a comment:

• SLVR and Black
    replied
    Originally posted by Javalon View Post

As to the original question, the Raiders do have a good secondary but the Broncos are well aware of how little that means if you can only get pressure by heavy blitzing. The best corners in the world can't consistently stop all the receiving options on the field if the opposing QB isn't rattled and stays accurate with his passes. Just look at our AFCCG from a couple years back for a perfect example of that.

If the Raiders do go blitz-heavy, we'll just have to see how well it's picked up and how often we can make them pay. But the running game will also help make their blitzing hurt.

Let's get this thing going!
    Yep. In a perfect Silver and Black world, the Raiders wouldn't need to rely on the blitz to put pressure on Cutler. Richardson needs to step up this year and not let Burgess do all the work. If he pans out like the Raiders think he can, the DB's will have a field day back there.

Leave a comment:

• Sharpe26
    replied
    Originally posted by Raiderjoe View Post
    Your Not going to beat the Raiders with the pass. You can try and spread it out and raiders have the players in coverage to neutralize all your weapons in the passing game.(I don't care if Brandon marshaLL was playing monday night) Last year Stokley killed the Raiders in the slot. JMO I see Deangelo hall sliding inside to take Stokley.(check) Asomugha and Routt outside on royal and Your other WR. (check) Scheffler oR your Other Te- M Huff picking him up man to man. (check) Hillis or any RB- Thomas Howard man to man(check)

Now your left with Lb Kirk morrison(another good coverage lb) and Gibril wilson( reports are his coverage ability good- have yet to see enough to say that is the case) helping out somewhere in coverage or coming after the Qb.

Broncos have to be able to establish the run against the Raiders. Can they as there Oline looks to be better in pass protection than in run blocking.

OK MR. Coach, you have accounted for all matchups that the broncos can throw at the Raiders in the pass game. Your basic assumption is that oakland can neutralize any bronco weapon. Ok, but you do realize that this theory of yours will not materialize if the front is not getting any passrush. The Bronco OLINE is much more improved especially in pass protection and Jay has gotten a lot better in understanding defenses. The Raiders WILL NOT BE ABLE TO STOP THE RUN! I GUARANTEE YOU THAT. WHY? Because the Broncos have been able to run the ball for nearly 12 years now. They always find a way. Which means all the guys who your are marking as "checks" will be paranoid about the run, which means Play action and BAM! The raiders may still limit the Broncos on offense, but I think the scoring will come through turnovers. The RAIDERS offense will turn the ball over and commit penalties. WHY? Because they always do. OLD HABITS DIE HARD BROTHER! That will decide the game. See YA!

Leave a comment:

• SLVR and Black
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco-24 View Post
    To be honest with you, there is some great talent in Oakland, but so is Al Davis. I think that explains everything.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosRockdaRockies
    replied
    Raiders 31rst in run stopping last year

Selvin young averaged 5 yrds per carry last year against raiders!! so

hmmmmmmm lets see here raider fans basic math! Ok Keep up now if u can?

1rst down and 10 selvin up the middle for a gain of 5! S onow what does that

mean? it is now 2nd and 5! hmmmmm selvin young breaks to outside for a

gain of 5 yrds! So hmmmm lets see now what does that mean raider fans?

dont hurry i will give u a couple of hours to add 5 + 5 ? But since i have

better things to do than teach basics to raider fans here it is. It = 10!

Now what does 10 =? yes very good first down all day long!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• VenomousDB
    replied
    Originally posted by FootballFanFla View Post
    Having the best secondary in the NFL allows you to do a whole lot of stuff on defense
    haha i beg to differ

Leave a comment:

• Javalon
    replied
    Your missing the point. IT not just the Raiders Cbs. Raiders safeties and Lbs are so good in coverage . That it affords them the luxury to do many things . Like blitzing because they lose nothing in coverage. Where Raiders made the biggest improvement on defense is they got rid of all the poor tacklers(Schweigert and f washington) and got surehanded tacklers who are going to make that open field tackle. (so I don't see the screen play being that effective- This isn't last year raiders)
    Im sorry but Hillis will be a non factor as WLB Thomas Howard is one premier cover Lbs in the game. Raiders will leave him man to man on him. ( What you talking about hillis)
    Originally posted by cutler7624 View Post
    Dude... I have read all your posts in this thread and I think you are forgetting something... You were 4-12 last year. The way you talk the Raiders are the best team in the AFC.
    Ah, that's our RaiderJoe! He shows up each year before the season starts talking up the Raiduhs as "da bestest" team in the league. Then when reality hits he bugs out until the next season (or maybe if his sad team pulls the upset over the Broncos) to repeat the whole process.

As to the original question, the Raiders do have a good secondary but the Broncos are well aware of how little that means if you can only get pressure by heavy blitzing. The best corners in the world can't consistently stop all the receiving options on the field if the opposing QB isn't rattled and stays accurate with his passes. Just look at our AFCCG from a couple years back for a perfect example of that.

If the Raiders do go blitz-heavy, we'll just have to see how well it's picked up and how often we can make them pay. But the running game will also help make their blitzing hurt.

Let's get this thing going!

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    something no one else here has mentioned as a possibility to stop the hated raiders in the opening game...our wonderful set of TE's. We don't have the best single TE in the game but I do think we have the best trio. I have a feeling this is going to be a big game for Scheffler and Graham. GO BRONCOS!!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X