No announcement yet.

Raiders expected to Blitz Heavy!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who are the raiders' starting at the WR position?

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
      Psssst. You forgot Ashley Lelie
      My bad!
      "You can't take the sky from me..."
      ------
      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by SLVR and Black View Post
        Way to side-step. Do you think the offense is an upgrade or downgrade from last year?
        I'm back! Based on the preseason the Raiders offense definitely is not upgraded. And don't give me the "Well, it was a vanilla offense" it was a vanilla defense too. The Raiders offense is a one trick pony. It can only run the ball.
        sigpic
        Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Originally posted by CutlersKilla006 View Post
          haha i beg to differ

Okay, so is there some sort of secret handshake to get you to state your case?

Comment

Originally posted by Raiderjoe View Post
            Your Not going to beat the Raiders with the pass. You can try and spread it out and raiders have the players in coverage to neutralize all your weapons in the passing game.(I don't care if Brandon marshaLL was playing monday night) Last year Stokley killed the Raiders in the slot. JMO I see Deangelo hall sliding inside to take Stokley.(check) Asomugha and Routt outside on royal and Your other WR. (check) Scheffler oR your Other Te- M Huff picking him up man to man. (check) Hillis or any RB- Thomas Howard man to man(check)

Now your left with Lb Kirk morrison(another good coverage lb) and Gibril wilson( reports are his coverage ability good- have yet to see enough to say that is the case) helping out somewhere in coverage or coming after the Qb.
            "Plus, my mom says I'm the handsomest guy at school!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie Man View Post
              I'm back! Based on the preseason the Raiders offense definitely is not upgraded. And don't give me the "Well, it was a vanilla offense" it was a vanilla defense too. The Raiders offense is a one trick pony. It can only run the ball.
              You are right..... But they beat our asses last year in Oakland, and they out played us for most of the game in Denver....... Oakland is tougher than a lot of you think.....Besides week one we are also going to be a "one trick pony" with no Marshall.... Djack, Royal, Scheffler scares no one outside of Big Ten teams
              Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie Man View Post
                Preseason is for evaluation, not winning games. The year that the Raiders went 2-14, they went 4-0 in the preseason and Collins to Moss was incredibly successful -- it didn't even look like it was fair to those guarding Moss. Then, the season started. Base your opinion on preseason all you want, but Monday night is arriving pretty quickly. We'll all see then.

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                  You are right..... But they beat our asses last year in Oakland, and they out played us for most of the game in Denver....... Oakland is tougher than a lot of you think.....Besides week one we are also going to be a "one trick pony" with no Marshall.... Djack, Royal, Scheffler scares no one outside of Big Ten teams
                  You forget Stokley and Graham, both of which are good receivers. And so far our run-D has done very well. Does anyone know off the top of their head what we ranked in yards allowed per carry in the preseason? And Slvr and Black, I finally agree with you, we'll see on Monday night.
                  Last edited by Bowie Man; 09-06-2008, 05:06 PM.
                  sigpic
                  Made by Houshmazode

Comment

Originally posted by Orale Holmes View Post
                    Who are the raiders' starting at the WR position?
                    Last I heard, they were going with Walker and Curry.

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                      They didn't outplay "us for most of the game in Denver". Like most teams last year, they ran the ball well on us and that was about it. But they did pop us in Oakland and the Broncos would be wise to respect the danger they represent.

Rivalries can even things up even when one team is seemingly better than the other, especially on the road. Missing Marshall will definitely hurt but Cutler has been looking very good at spreading the ball, being accurate, and throwing a very catchable ball. As long as our line is halfway decent at protecting Cutler, our offense should be fine. Certainly our defense is the bigger question and whether or not they have shored up the run defense.
                      Last edited by Javalon; 09-06-2008, 05:28 PM.
                      "You can't take the sky from me..."
                      ------
                      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Oaklands corner tandem is way too overatted...Deangelo Hall is fast......THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!!

Nnamdi Asomugha sucks...only 9 career INT's in his 6 year career...8 coming in 2006....only averages 37 tackles per season..which means he a) sucks at tackling and b) scared to tackle....

Raiders corners suck....no good at all...and we'll expose their weaknesses on Monday

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

I just know this game will be amazing, one of the best from week 1 for sure. The rivalry + considerably restructured teams + lots of young players under the spotlight... Get ready for a great game.
                          sigpic

Comment

Didn't Kelly have knee surgery this off season ? Is he really ready to take on the ZBS without playing tentatively ?.................

Comment

Originally posted by SLVR and Black View Post
                              Last I heard, they were going with Walker and Curry.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Theres a few things I've gathered from this thread.

1) The Broncos offense has never seen or heard of a blitz. Apparently this is some sort of new concept being installed this year and we've clearly never seen or heard of it.

2) The Raiders defense is something similar to the 2000 Ravens in both talent and production.

3) The Raiders are the single greatest 4-12 team in the history of the world and should be superbowl contenders this year even if Russell has numbers a-la Vince Young.

Yup, thats about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X