Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BroncosRockdaRockies
    replied
    Have you ever heard of Browning Nagle and Ryan Leaf. Both look like sure things in the preseason.(there fans were getting both Bust ready for Canton) Well when the light went on for real, both struggled mightly. I don't care what your offense did against a vanilla defense. Im sorry your not going to see simple defense when the regualar season starts. Defenses will be gameplanning. Show me monday night just how good that offense is. Until than I dare the broncos to try and pass on the raiders. Your playing right into raiders hands.

http://www.raiders.com/uploads/photo...llery-sp10.jpg

AND U SHOW ME A RAIDER TEAM THAT FINISHED BETTER THAN 10-6 IN THE LAST FIVE YEARS !!!!!!! HERE IS A LINK 4 U RAIDER FANS

www.summitracing.com I think they are actually running a special on

seatbelts cuz u guys better buckle up cuz it is going to be a bumpy ride !!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Bowie Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Raiderjoe View Post
    NO T Howard dosen't have to be the blitzer. K Morrison ,R Brown M Huff, G wilson and any Cb might be the blitzer. Right Now Gibril wilson will be picking up the TE. Last year M huff controled some of the best teS IN THE GAME. So if Huff on any one of your Te and hes not doing anything ,Or your RB(thomas Howard) The question now is gibril wilson supposedly will be picking up the Te now.(I haven't seen enough of him to say either way)
    Point still is Huff can switch position with G wilson.(if he can't do the job)

Again thats what Im talking about Raiders have so many players good in coverage that its really hard to pass on them. You better bed able to run on the Raiders or its going to be a long night for your offense.
    Well, if Howard is covering Hillis, Hall is covering Royal, Asumogha is covering Jackson, and Wilson is covering the TE, that's not much of a blitz and we should be able to pick it up considering that O-line has done extremely well in pass-protection. Oh, and considering the fact that you haven't done much to help your run-D I'm not too worried about our run game.

Leave a comment:

• sean669
    replied
    Welll Blitz on

Heres the thing though and its been said by many here. The Faiders were worse than us against the run. So are you saying run blitz, zone blitz, or all out blitzes.......Awfuly confident in a team that was just as bad or worse than the broncos in almost every catagory. At least on paper we have made changes to attempt to get better in run defense. What have the Faiders done.....know what, never mind, I dont care.

Leave a comment:

• SLVR and Black
    replied
    Your missing the point. IT not just the Raiders Cbs. Raiders safeties and Lbs are so good in coverage . That it affords them the luxury to do many things . Like blitzing because they lose nothing in coverage.
    And, because Marshall would rather get pulled over for drunk driving, and allegedly slap a GF around than play, the Raider's D will have that much more freedom to put the heat on Cutler.

Leave a comment:

• Raiderjoe
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosRockdaRockies View Post
    claiming nobody on our offense is going to make a difference considering we

were third or 4th in the (NFL) preseason for most points scored! No sacks

allowed! And not to mention when the rush came in Arizona Who was it that

rushed for a touchdown while being blitzed? Yeap u guessed it Jay cutler!!

Who was it that caught a NFL highlight catch amongst double coverage of the 13-3 cowboys?

Yeap thats right ROOKIE EDDIE ROYAL!! And the Cowboys had 15 pro

bowlers! Not to mention the only reason the packers won was B/c they

scored the winning points against our 3rd string D Fence! which only came

late fourth quarter which means almost 25mins went by after the starters

came out b4 they could produce! So all this said and now a raider fan is

going to tell me that our offense wont be a factor? I will give you props for

standing behind your team but everyone know in compitition if u dont accept

defeat u will never get better u will relive and secondguess everytime! so

with that said welcome to another year of below .500 raider fans!!!!!
    Have you ever heard of Browning Nagle and Ryan Leaf. Both look like sure things in the preseason.(there fans were getting both Bust ready for Canton) Well when the light went on for real, both struggled mightly. I don't care what your offense did against a vanilla defense. Im sorry your not going to see simple defense when the regualar season starts. Defenses will be gameplanning. Show me monday night just how good that offense is. Until than I dare the broncos to try and pass on the raiders. Your playing right into raiders hands.

Leave a comment:

• SarahKay14
    replied
    I think if we spread the ball around.. we still got Stokley, Scheffler, Hillis, and try to get our running game going we'll get some big plays. If they keep blitzing we'll wind up busting out big plays here and there by catching them off guard.

Leave a comment:

• Raiderjoe
    replied
    Originally posted by Bowie Man View Post
    You can't have it both ways. Either Thomas Howard doesn't blitz and Cutler has more time, or he does blitz and Hillis goes rumbling. OR, he covers Hillis and then Graham can break out on the flat after feigning to block and Hillis can block for him! The Broncos aren't doomed without Marshall, we have a lot of weapons and as I said earlier, if the Raiders blitz we can make them pay!
    NO T Howard dosen't have to be the blitzer. K Morrison ,R Brown M Huff, G wilson and any Cb might be the blitzer. Right Now Gibril wilson will be picking up the TE. Last year M huff controled some of the best teS IN THE GAME. So if Huff on any one of your Te and hes not doing anything ,Or your RB(thomas Howard) The question now is gibril wilson supposedly will be picking up the Te now.(I haven't seen enough of him to say either way)
    Point still is Huff can switch position with G wilson.(if he can't do the job)

Again thats what Im talking about Raiders have so many players good in coverage that its really hard to pass on them. You better bed able to run on the Raiders or its going to be a long night for your offense.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosRockdaRockies
    replied
    Well that is a bold statement

claiming nobody on our offense is going to make a difference considering we

were third or 4th in the (NFL) preseason for most points scored! No sacks

allowed! And not to mention when the rush came in Arizona Who was it that

rushed for a touchdown while being blitzed? Yeap u guessed it Jay cutler!!

Who was it that caught a NFL highlight catch amongst double coverage of the 13-3 cowboys?

Yeap thats right ROOKIE EDDIE ROYAL!! And the Cowboys had 15 pro

bowlers! Not to mention the only reason the packers won was B/c they

scored the winning points against our 3rd string D Fence! which only came

late fourth quarter which means almost 25mins went by after the starters

came out b4 they could produce! So all this said and now a raider fan is

going to tell me that our offense wont be a factor? I will give you props for

standing behind your team but everyone know in compitition if u dont accept

defeat u will never get better u will relive and secondguess everytime! so

with that said welcome to another year of below .500 raider fans!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• jdubv724
    replied
    Let me ask you a question. Have you been following the NFl. NOw what does last year record have to do with anything. Every year some team rises(after very poor year) and some team falls .(don't do as good as previous year)
    You know how bad you have been the past 5 years..... Each year you got another high draft pick, signed another big name free agent, and you still lose.

You have a rookie QB pretty much, no WR, you guys can't pass block, can't stop the run. This is not your year. Maybe you will be good after Russell gets some experience and you actually get an O-line and some WR's. But right now, you guys are a one trick pony on offense.

Leave a comment:

• Raiderjoe
    replied
    Originally posted by cutler7624 View Post
    Dude... I have read all your posts in this thread and I think you are forgetting something... You were 4-12 last year. The way you talk the Raiders are the best team in the AFC.
    Let me ask you a question. Have you been following the NFl. NOw what does last year record have to do with anything. Every year some team rises(after very poor year) and some team falls .(don't do as good as previous year)

Leave a comment:

• Raiderjoe
    replied
    Originally posted by trenchwar08 View Post
    Assuming they do go blitz happy, I say:

1. Blitzing is risky.
    2. Our re-tooled O-Line and new FB will be in the spotlight.
    3. The point of the Draft and re-tooling was to firm-up the line and pass-blocking to give Cutler more time and protection.
    4. Out of the gate, the new stuff will be tested.
    5. Bring it on.
    Blitzing not that risky because Raiders can do alot and they don't lose anything in coverage. Huff Can play CB(they want to send a CB off the corner) LB Thomas Howard is so good in coverage that Raiders have lined him up at Cb. When Raiders blitz don't be supprised they don't drop their pass rushers in coverage. (D burgess and K Edwards(sitautional pass rusher) are athlethic enough . Thank you Mister cutler.

2 you really feel comfortable with D Burgess versus Ryan harris. How about K Edwards versus your talented rookie(trying to hear snap count) Clady.

Leave a comment:

• jdubv724
    replied
    Im sorry but Hillis will be a non factor as WLB Thomas Howard is one premier cover Lbs in the game. Raiders will leave him man to man on him. ( What you talking about hillis) Still IF Raiders do Blitz thomas Howard will probably be the guy. One of the fastest Lbs who Cutler not going top have much time before he crunching his ribs.
    Dude... I have read all your posts in this thread and I think you are forgetting something... You were 4-12 last year. The way you talk the Raiders are the best team in the AFC.

Leave a comment:

• Bowie Man
    replied
    Im sorry but Hillis will be a non factor as WLB Thomas Howard is one premier cover Lbs in the game. Raiders will leave him man to man on him. ( What you talking about hillis) Still IF Raiders do Blitz thomas Howard will probably be the guy. One of the fastest Lbs who Cutler not going top have much time before he crunching his ribs.
    You can't have it both ways. Either Thomas Howard doesn't blitz and Cutler has more time, or he does blitz and Hillis goes rumbling. OR, he covers Hillis and then Graham can break out on the flat after feigning to block and Hillis can block for him! The Broncos aren't doomed without Marshall, we have a lot of weapons and as I said earlier, if the Raiders blitz we can make them pay!

Leave a comment:

• Raiderjoe
    replied
    Originally posted by Bowie Man View Post
    Enter Peyton Hillis! Think of it. They blitz, and Cutler dumps it off to Hillis. I can see him barreling toward Hall right now! If they blitz, we can make them pay. I'm not worried.

Leave a comment:

• Atwnbroncfan
    replied
    well normally id say its a bad idea to blitz us cause all wed have to do is a quick slant with Marshall then he gone. if all they have to defend him is one corner and saftey it a touchdown. but this week blitizing could work against us. but if we can get jackson or royal a few screens we could be playing into their blitzes and get some huge plays

Leave a comment:

Working...
X