Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CireZero
    replied
    I don't think Eddie Royal is gonna be a liability in the running game blocking.. when has shanahan ever put a receiver on the field who didn't want to block? Hell Lelie blocked downfield when he was here.

Leave a comment:

• Bowie Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Gr3yStreet View Post
    Or, Hillis could just pick up their blitz and block a guy (unlike say Travis Henry), and give Cutler enough time to take advantage of the blitz.
    Yeah, but it would be funner to watch him run over people.

Leave a comment:

• Raiderjoe
    replied
    Originally posted by Bowie Man View Post
    Enter Peyton Hillis! Think of it. They blitz, and Cutler dumps it off to Hillis. I can see him barreling toward Hall right now! If they blitz, we can make them pay. I'm not worried.
    Im sorry but Hillis will be a non factor as WLB Thomas Howard is one premier cover Lbs in the game. Raiders will leave him man to man on him. ( What you talking about hillis)

Leave a comment:

• Raiderjoe
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosRockdaRockies View Post
    The raiders have aquired what alot are saying to be the best CB tandem since

the 70's. So defensive coordinator is going to be comfortable with constant

blitz's. If this is the case i would like to see some better execution on screen

plays than what i saw in Pre season! Plus we know how dirty the raiders play

so look to see alot of facemasks and personal fowls if raiders fall behind @

halftime. I hope to see royal make some big plays but expect to see Stokley

step up in Bmarsh's abscence and also look to see Grahm have a huge game!!

PUMPED UP HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO BRONCO"S
    Your missing the point. IT not just the Raiders Cbs. Raiders safeties and Lbs are so good in coverage . That it affords them the luxury to do many things . Like blitzing because they lose nothing in coverage. Where Raiders made the biggest improvement on defense is they got rid of all the poor tacklers(Schweigert and f washington) and got surehanded tacklers who are going to make that open field tackle. (so I don't see the screen play being that effective- This isn't last year raiders)

Leave a comment:

• BroncosRockdaRockies
    replied
    I agree totally about hillis

he was a great addition to the offense. and i think it is time for raider fans to

sit back and wait til the raiders have a winning record instead of putting

hopes all on Mcfadden, the last best thing to come from Arkansas was Steve

Atwater i believe he was a Bronco that put many chills in the spines of

raiders.I cant remember when Arkansas put out a running back that lasted

more than 3 years in the NFL!!! As far as Russell goes well he has his work

cut out for him aginst our underated Defense!!! And i like being below radar

cuz gameday comes and goes teams are going to be saying "DANG WHERE

DID THEY COME FROM?"

Leave a comment:

• pipes
    replied
    Originally posted by FootballFanFla View Post
    He's never played an NFL regular season game yet. Where you guys getting all this info from anyways?

He's 5/10 and a buck 80 wet.. How's he gonna block anyone?

Asomugha is 6'2 and 210

Eddie Royal will get arse tore trying to get by bigger more physical CB's

So far Royal has'nt proven a thing yet.

He might be a deep threat, but he'll be a big liability whens he's asked to block.

I hope he's got good health insurance.. I wouldnt go venturing in the middle if I were him
    You make absolutely no sense at all, other than simply sounding like a combative troll.

You say that Royal has proven nothing, hasn't played an NFL down yet........

So how can YOU say that he can't block and that he "will get arse tore trying to get by bigger more physical CB's" ?

By the way, I didn't realize that your starting corners are homosexual.......not that there's anything wrong with that.

Leave a comment:

• Judoka0822
    replied
    Well then it's a good thing we changed around our scheme so we could take advantage of the fact that The Broncos have the best secondary in football.

Leave a comment:

• FootballFanFla
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Voted as the dumbest post since seeing the other raider's dork in smack...
    Right up there with the Madden simulation??

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by FootballFanFla View Post
    He's never played an NFL regular season game yet. Where you guys getting all this info from anyways?

Asomugha is 6'2 and 210

He might be a deep threat, but he'll be a big liability whens he's asked to block.

I hope he's got good health insurance.. I wouldnt go venturing in the middle if I were him
    Voted as the dumbest post since seeing the other raider's dork in smack...

Leave a comment:

• FootballFanFla
    replied
    Having the best secondary in the NFL allows you to do a whole lot of stuff on defense

Leave a comment:

• trenchwar08
    replied
    Plus, if we handle the blitz right, it opens up our run game. Everybody can't play like the 07 Giants. Puleez, bring it on.

Leave a comment:

• trenchwar08
    replied
    Assuming they do go blitz happy, I say:

1. Blitzing is risky.
    2. Our re-tooled O-Line and new FB will be in the spotlight.
    3. The point of the Draft and re-tooling was to firm-up the line and pass-blocking to give Cutler more time and protection.
    4. Out of the gate, the new stuff will be tested.
    5. Bring it on.

Leave a comment:

• Gr3yStreet
    replied
    Originally posted by Bowie Man View Post
    Enter Peyton Hillis! Think of it. They blitz, and Cutler dumps it off to Hillis. I can see him barreling toward Hall right now! If they blitz, we can make them pay. I'm not worried.
    Or, Hillis could just pick up their blitz and block a guy (unlike say Travis Henry), and give Cutler enough time to take advantage of the blitz.

Leave a comment:

• FootballFanFla
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco-24 View Post
    Yeah they were just talkin about this on NFL Total Access. I think Royal can beat DeAngelo Hall or Nnamdi Asomugha, no doubt in my mind. With the speed Royal has you have to be constantly focused and stay on him. But sooner or later you are going to make a costly mistake and Royal will burn you deep. As for Darrell Jackson, I think he will get about 5 catches. Stokley should have a good game against the Raiders. He is very productive when needed to be. Look for Jay Cutler to spread the ball around.

Asomugha is 6'2 and 210

Leave a comment:

• Bowie Man
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X