Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D. Hall speaks on Champ and Bly.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • D. Hall speaks on Champ and Bly.

    Moving forward, Hall said he's happy to be in Oakland and paired with Nnamdi Asomugha, one of two cornerbacks he says might be better than him. He begrudgingly conceded that Denver's Champ Bailey is No. 1. Hall also dropped the gauntlet on Denver corners Dre Bly and Bailey -- the Raiders open with Denver on Monday night in Oakland -- claiming he and Asomugha are the best tandem in the league. Hall also said the battle for individual cornerback supremacy in '08 begins in Week 1, and he plans to be the winner by the end of season.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessi...o&confirm=true

  • #2
    Wow.. haha what a load of BS. I hope this really gets Champ and Bly fired up.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Zoneblock249 View Post
      Moving forward, Hall said he's happy to be in Oakland and paired with Nnamdi Asomugha, one of two cornerbacks he says might be better than him. He begrudgingly conceded that Denver's Champ Bailey is No. 1. Hall also dropped the gauntlet on Denver corners Dre Bly and Bailey -- the Raiders open with Denver on Monday night in Oakland -- claiming he and Asomugha are the best tandem in the league. Hall also said the battle for individual cornerback supremacy in '08 begins in Week 1, and he plans to be the winner by the end of season.

      http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessi...o&confirm=true
      Yeah, tell him to bring it on! I thinnk we'll be an improved team over last year!
      Haze gray and underway!

      Comment


      • #4
        Nothing wrong with him wanting to be the number 1 cornerback in the league. Nothing wrong with his belief he is part of the best cornerback tandem.

        Now, he'll have to prove it on the field. The same way Champ and Bly has to perform well to be considered the best or among the best tandems in the league. Good competition isn't bad. It is a way to motivate players to do their best each and every day.
        Emancipate your mind!
        The People's Poster

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Emancipator View Post
          Nothing wrong with him wanting to be the number 1 cornerback in the league. Nothing wrong with his belief he is part of the best cornerback tandem.

          Now, he'll have to prove it on the field. The same way Champ and Bly has to perform well to be considered the best or among the best tandems in the league. Good competition isn't bad. It is a way to motivate players to do their best each and every day.
          That's true, just love a little trash talk, that's all!
          Haze gray and underway!

          Comment


          • #6
            Personally, I think Nmandi and Hall are a better CB tandem than Bly and Bailey.

            Bailey is the best, but as a duo, IMO, Hall and Asomugha are better.

            -flame suit-

            Thank you Skywalker for the Marshall sig!
            sigpic

            Thank you Damien and Darrent for the memories. You will never be forgotten!

            Comment


            • #7
              Lol personally I would take any tandem with Champ in it.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by McKeough View Post
                Personally, I think Nmandi and Hall are a better CB tandem than Bly and Bailey.

                Bailey is the best, but as a duo, IMO, Hall and Asomugha are better.

                -flame suit-
                Im suiting up with you... as a DUO(that being the key word) they just might be better. But that is only because I feel our d really hurt Bly last year and exposed him as over rated. Maybe he'll do better with an improved d-line. We'll see.
                *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by McKeough View Post
                  Personally, I think Nmandi and Hall are a better CB tandem than Bly and Bailey.

                  Bailey is the best, but as a duo, IMO, Hall and Asomugha are better.

                  -flame suit-
                  Don't forget they have Michael Huff back there with them... which in turn helps them. I too agree that the Raiders have a better "tandem" though... Bly is getting old and is an above average CB, not a great pro-bowl one anymore.


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by McKeough View Post
                    Personally, I think Nmandi and Hall are a better CB tandem than Bly and Bailey.

                    Bailey is the best, but as a duo, IMO, Hall and Asomugha are better.

                    -flame suit-
                    Don't forget they have Michael Huff back there with them... which in turn helps them. I too agree that the Raiders have a better "tandem" though... Bly is getting old and is an above average CB, not a great pro-bowl one anymore. Let's hope Jack Williams evolves... I really wish we could have gotten Antoine Cason somehow .


                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                      Lol personally I would take any tandem with Champ in it.
                      Same here, but by that are we including Lenny Walls? If so then I dont like your post any more

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Zoneblock249 View Post
                        Moving forward, Hall said he's happy to be in Oakland and paired with Nnamdi Asomugha, one of two cornerbacks he says might be better than him. He begrudgingly conceded that Denver's Champ Bailey is No. 1. Hall also dropped the gauntlet on Denver corners Dre Bly and Bailey -- the Raiders open with Denver on Monday night in Oakland -- claiming he and Asomugha are the best tandem in the league. Hall also said the battle for individual cornerback supremacy in '08 begins in Week 1, and he plans to be the winner by the end of season.

                        http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessi...o&confirm=true
                        between those 4 cbs

                        champ's #1
                        nnamdi's #2
                        hall's #3

                        and bly is a DISTANT 4th
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                          between those 4 cbs

                          champ's #1
                          nnamdi's #2
                          hall's #3

                          and bly is a DISTANT 4th
                          I hope you have a backup sig, for after week2.




                          Comment


                          • #14
                            How do you guys think Royal will hold up vs bigger more physical CB's?

                            No smack, honest question

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                              between those 4 cbs

                              champ's #1
                              nnamdi's #2
                              hall's #3

                              and bly is a DISTANT 4th
                              True that.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Blondie79

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X