Champ Bailey is underrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAY6 View Post
    my friend is a big packers fan and when we were watching the game last year champ got beat and my friend said bailey past his prime and that hes not that good anymore but what some people don't understand is that champ is person and that he's going to get beat but he's not going to get beat on the same play again and he might get beat 1 out of every 10 time but nobody ever talks about the other 9 times which is way better than any other corner and hes by far the best tackling corner in the league not like those other sissy corners who think they dont need to help in run support and champ probably the best open field tackler on our team also.
    Champ is getting older. Deal with it. He is going to get beat more & more.

Comment

Lets see how this season plays out before we start saying that he is past his prime. You got to remember how awful our D-line was last year, (hopefully it's a LITTLE bit better this year) and how Champ was having to play run defense and covering a reciever at the same time.
      Very happy to have Tebow in orange and blue!!!

Team Tebow #16

Comment

Originally posted by DenverSpark View Post
        Lets see how this season plays out before we start saying that he is past his prime. You got to remember how awful our D-line was last year, (hopefully it's a LITTLE bit better this year) and how Champ was having to play run defense and covering a reciever at the same time.
        Champ isnt getting better, he's getting older.

Comment

Originally posted by bronco4life88 View Post
          what deion doesnt have **** on champ as a corner way better corner you could make the argurment that he overall is a better player kick return abilities and so forth but no way in hell better corner
          Do you not remember Deion? Champ has nothing on deion. Yes Champ tackles better than Deion. But lets be honest that is pretty low on the skills that you like in a CB. Deion used to own the passing game. He is the "prototype" Shut down corner. That man could cover anyone, without any help. Champ had a year in 06 where he dominated just like dieon. But Deion would go games without seeing any action. I remember watching him the year he played with the 49ers. They say that was the greatest year ever by a CB. In a 16 game season the guy had like 12 balls thrown his way and only like 2 were complete, with 5 picks and 3 returned for 6. But what really sets them apart was that when deion got the ball in his hands he wa absolutley electric. Champ is ok, but he is no deion. If deion would have been kicked to he would have put all the return records so far out of reach that Hester would still be an afterthought..... Face it Deion is up there with Lott, Taylor, and Butkus as the greatest Defensive players of all time
          Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverSpark View Post
            I agree. Champ is one year removed from being runnerup for DPOY. One preseason prediction has him as this years DPOY. Let the season play out.
            sigpic

Adopted Bronco: Von Miller

Comment

Originally posted by JayButNotCutler View Post
              One thing Champ is not, is overrated.
              end of topic.... why did I even post 1 opinion means squat .....
              :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

if he played for dallas he wouldn't be so says espn and the rest of the retard media

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stargazer View Post
                  Champ is getting older. Deal with it. He is going to get beat more & more.
                  i guy of champs caliber can play for a very long time. he's still good as ever.

darrell green anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by JAY6 View Post
                    my friend is a big packers fan and when we were watching the game last year champ got beat and my friend said bailey past his prime and that hes not that good anymore but what some people don't understand is that champ is person and that he's going to get beat but he's not going to get beat on the same play again and he might get beat 1 out of every 10 time but nobody ever talks about the other 9 times which is way better than any other corner and hes by far the best tackling corner in the league not like those other sissy corners who think they dont need to help in run support and champ probably the best open field tackler on our team also.
                    I've seen that play a couple of times now, and I think the reason Champ got beat was because he was expecting safety help over the top. Because of this I think he tried to take away the short pass but since Nick Ferguson cannot cover worth a hoot Champ had to try to get back and deflect the ball, which he very nearly did. That's my take on it.

If you look at the stats from last year, a lot of good DBs had few INTs:
                    Champ Bailey- 3
                    Rhonde Barber - 2
                    Al Harris - 2
                    Bob Sanders - 2
                    Lito Sheppard - 2
                    Nnamdi Asomugha - 1
                    Quentin Jammer - 1
                    Rashean Mathis - 1
                    Chris McAllister - 1
                    Nathan Vasher - 1
                    Antoine Winfield - 1

Even though some of these guys missed time because of injury I think there is a trend starting in the league. With the emergence of more and more WR threats, teams are a starting to throw to their 3rd and 4th WR more oftern, thus limiting the chances for the big time CBs to get interceptions. 3 INTs is not a bad year, it's a low year for Champ. But it would be an average year for so many others. We just have to realize that he won't get 8-10 INTs every season.

Comment

name some of the CB's on the Giants roster.....

most everyone probably wouldn't be able to name them.....but they were able to shut down the Pats high powered passing game....

My point is that having a great d-line and pressure makes you look fantastic....

Remember 2005? Champ Bailey swatted or picked the ball on almost EVERY play when the ball was thrown his way.....

I remember during the game against the Bengals that year.....I randomly said "Common Palmer I dare you to throw to Champ" and the very next play he did....and it was a pick....needless to say I wasn't all that shocked lol

There are alot of question marks on this Denver team.....BUT CHAMP BAILEY IS NOT ONE OF THEM!
                      "I'm also serious when I say: You can't stop Elvis Dumervil; you can only hope to contain him." -Peter King-

sigpic
                      -The best in the business-

Comment

If memory serves me right in 2006 he had 12 or 13 passes thrown to him. Of these 11 were deafened. With 10 of these being interceptions. One run back for a TD. If you look at his stats i see a player reaching his prime and not declining. We can't really count last year as he was defending the run like so many others have stated.

http://www.nfl.com/players/champbail...er_ChampBailey
                        People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

sigpic

Comment

Overrated or underrated?

Until Denver gets a pass rush, I'd have to say he's a little overrated, although I still think he's one of the best in the league.

He certainly is not "underrated". That's a laughable comment.

Comment

Champ Bailey....Overrated...No lol
                            But seriously Champ Bailey has been my DB idol for years, i say DB because he's a corner and I'm a free safety, but still lol
                            2010 Draft
                            1st Round- ILB: Rolando McClain (Alabama)
                            2nd Round- DE: Allen Bailey (Miami)
                            3rd Round- C: Stefen Wisniewski (Penn State)
                            4th Round- CB: Walter Thurmond (Oregon)
                            6th Round- KR/PR: Brandon Banks (KSU)
                            7th Round- RB: Stafon Johnson (USC)

FA Signings-
                            NT: Casey Hampton
                            OG: Logan Mankins

"Veni, Vidi, Vici"

Comment

Working...
                            X