Mile High Stadium #2 home field advantage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mile High Stadium #2 home field advantage

I was watching "Top 10 Home Field Advantages" on NFL network and good ol Mile High was #2, which was suprising considering how we never get many props.

But of course the "experts" had to throw in their "expertise". One said "it was the loudest stadium back in the day when the Broncos were actually good."

The other was a former KC center and he said "whatever that stadiums name that the Broncos play in nowdays isnt nearly as good."

Please get nice and LOOOUUUD this year.

Edit: I must add that the KC Chiefs and Raiders were both in the top 5. I wonder where the Chargers were lol
    sigpic

Originally posted by CutlersKilla006 View Post
    I was watching "Top 10 Home Field Advantages" on NFL network and good ol Mile High was #2, which was suprising considering how we never get many props.

But of course the "experts" had to throw in their "expertise". One said "it was the loudest stadium back in the day when the Broncos were actually good."

The other was a former KC center and he said "whatever that stadiums name that the Broncos play in nowdays isnt nearly as good."

Please get nice and LOOOUUUD this year.

Edit: I must add that the KC Chiefs and Raiders were both in the top 5. I wonder where the Chargers were lol
    chargers are pretty damn good at home, at least now-a-days.

but still, when the local fox affiliate is buying 600+ tickets to help support a "sell-out" crowd, there's something wrong.

Comment

That was nice to see but sad because the new stadium just doesn't compare.

Going from the South Stands bleachers to comfy seats with cup holders just makes it too easy to sit and relax.

Comment

Originally posted by in.the.game View Post
        chargers are pretty damn good at home, at least now-a-days.

but still, when the local fox affiliate is buying 600+ tickets to help support a "sell-out" crowd, there's something wrong.
        Yeah, that's why there's talk about the team moving and they can't even sell out their opener.

Comment

Maybe we could pipe some more crowd noise through the pa system? Heck indy did that in the RCA Dome.

Speaking of indy, they need to keep their dome shut, the stadium sounded like a church filled with bears fans.

Comment

Our problem

Money ruins everything. Too many greedy corporate hands in the middle of that stadium. Took the tix out of the hands of the real fans that used to go, made it harder for them to go. I used to go to at least one game a year. I havent been to a Bronco game since the new stadium opened because (in my opinion) tix's are harder to come by. Im sure those will disagree and thats fine. My point is, they made changes, and those changes in most cases were not beneficial to average everyday fans that live and die for their broncos. The fans are comming back, the excitement, just taking some time....
            Since 1974!!!!!

Comment

We need to get the south stands back
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sean669 View Post
                Money ruins everything. Too many greedy corporate hands in the middle of that stadium. Took the tix out of the hands of the real fans that used to go, made it harder for them to go. I used to go to at least one game a year. I havent been to a Bronco game since the new stadium opened because (in my opinion) tix's are harder to come by. Im sure those will disagree and thats fine. My point is, they made changes, and those changes in most cases were not beneficial to average everyday fans that live and die for their broncos. The fans are comming back, the excitement, just taking some time....
                Ye

Yeah, Ive never been to the new stadium either. I went to a few games back in 97 and a few games in 98 and havent been to one since. I think the new stadium is beautiful, so Broncos fans need to start gettin REAL loud again
                sigpic

Comment

We still have the south stands. The tickets are just held by richie riches who don't cheer or anything.
                  In Manning I trust.

Comment

i also saw that show. I never thought we would be high as #2 I was getting upset like "i know they didnt leave denver off the list" lol. Since we made it that high i dont know why we werent # 1.

Mile High was loud (maybe #2 behind kansas City)

Its hard to breathe there

We won a lot of games

We sold out all the time

They said we had a winning percentage of 40% on the road, but at home we had 63% winning percentage.

Why not be #1?

Lambeau Field?
                    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava View Post
                      i also saw that show. I never thought we would be high as #2 I was getting upset like "i know they didnt leave denver off the list" lol. Since we made it that high i dont know why we werent # 1.

Mile High was loud (maybe #2 behind kansas City)

Its hard to breathe there

We won a lot of games

We sold out all the time

They said we had a winning percentage of 40% on the road, but at home we had 63% winning percentage.

Why not be #1?

Lambeau Field?
                      So Green Bay pulled the top spot?
                      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
                        So Green Bay pulled the top spot?
                        Yeah Green Bay was #1.

KC was #5 and Oak was #4 I believe.
                        sigpic

Comment

The new one never will compare cause the old Mile High upper deck was all ALUMINUM!!! It sounded like thunder when people stomped their feet on it, and it friggin SWAYED BACK & FORTH! Scared the HELL outtra me first time I experienced that!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                            Maybe we could pipe some more crowd noise through the pa system? Heck indy did that in the RCA Dome.

Speaking of indy, they need to keep their dome shut, the stadium sounded like a church filled with bears fans.
                            baltimore did it, too. I was in the upper deck, and they were pumping it. when the broncos were AT baltimore with the flu ridden Danny Kanell....what a funny ass day.

Comment

Originally posted by CutlersKilla006 View Post
                              Ye

Yeah, Ive never been to the new stadium either. I went to a few games back in 97 and a few games in 98 and havent been to one since. I think the new stadium is beautiful, so Broncos fans need to start gettin REAL loud again
                              I think the new stadium is beautiful as well. I have been there for broncos training camp, and for the Dem convention, and a couple of work related things. Just not for a game which is sad. Last bronco game I went to was the terrel Davis record breaker against seattle.....
                              Since 1974!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X