Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Denver In Wonderful Position to Make Statement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver In Wonderful Position to Make Statement.

Even though they won, Brady is still out for the entire season. Since Denver's always the team that seems to have NE's number, this should make that game easier...

Also, the Colts went down, and two of our division foes, leaving the weakest link left for us to munch on...

When we win tonight and take the top of our division we'll be in wonderful position to continue.

Sure the Steelers and Titans won, but if we can get on top tonight, we'll be sitting nicely.

I don't expect the Colts to end up in the same position every week, but I think New England is pretty much screwed without Brady. They couldn't even overtake Kansas City by a dominating score... I know they had a backup but...KC isn't that good...

Also, if we are going strong into next weekend's game, and we win, then we're in an amazing position to win our division already, taking the wind out of the Chargers sails for a second week... perhaps that'll cause them to struggle. And they're really our only challenge right now in the division.

Come on Broncos... let's show everyone we actually got better on both sides of the ball tonight (especially Defense!).
    sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Look ahead to the playoffs in like 7 weeks. If we lose tonight (which is like 50/50) then all these threads might as well dissapear.

Comment

Overall good points, but New England is still the team to beat in the AFC, followed by the Colts, Chargers and then there is the rest of us. We just have to focus and control what we need to focus on..one game at time...and it starts tonight. Come on, Denver!!!

Comment

The AFC is wide open. No one team is going to dominate like those filthy cheating Pats did last year. Denver has a solid opportunity to make a playoff run this year.

They will play well, they will play hard, and they will win games. One week at a time.
        Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

Comment

Real Bronco

I thought about your comments as soon as Delhomme threw that last second TD to beat the Chargers.

Indeed Denver can make a statement tonight if they win and win big. They aren't getting any props from anyone. Sure they might not desrve them after last years season, but Cutler is going to be amazing this year. I can't wait till tonights game.

Cutler hooks up with Royal tonight for two TD passes.

Comment

Originally posted by broncofanatik View Post
            Look ahead to the playoffs in like 7 weeks. If we lose tonight (which is like 50/50) then all these threads might as well dissapear.
            I agree with you. It really disturbs me that everyone is getting so excited and jumping to conclusions so early. We still have to take care of business tonight. If we lose then raiders are division leaders and there's no telling who wins the division. we could lose tonight and sunday and we'd be in a world of hurt. But even still it's only week 2 not week 10. Nothing is won in week 2. Is anyone else worried by the fact that the NFC South looked amazing yesterday. (granted falcons beat lions) but our so called peace of cake schedule looked to me like it got way harder yesterday.
            sigpic

Comment

Also i wouldn't go as far to say KC is a bad team, they are young, younger than the Broncos, they have talent there, i think which showed when Brady was in there.

Comment

Originally posted by CireZero View Post
                Also i wouldn't go as far to say KC is a bad team, they are young, younger than the Broncos, they have talent there, i think which showed when Brady was in there.
                If they got a good qb they would be pushing for the division right now. Their WR/TE corp is looking pretty good atm.

Comment

I'm not concerned about the Chiefs OR the Raiders. Last years games against the Raiders we shot ourselves in the foot from turnovers and a lack of a run D. Both of those issues appear to be corrected. KC has to be the most pathetic team I've seen in a long time losing to a Brady-less pats and not being able to convert on four tries on fourth and goal to tie.

The Chargers can be everybody else's media darling and SB pick, but we've seen how they can be beat, so I'm not going to overrate them while undderating my own team.

It's time for football. That means the same experts that picked the Broncos to be mediocre will be one game closer to looking like morons after tonight.
                  XboxLive GamerTag: ShizzleDizzle05 (Accepts all friend requests from fellow Broncos fans)

Comment

In the NFL.com article on the AFC-NFC balance, they seemed to mention every up-and-coming AFC team except the Broncos as potential AFC heavyweights. I'm loving it.
                    sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                      I agree with you. It really disturbs me that everyone is getting so excited and jumping to conclusions so early. We still have to take care of business tonight. If we lose then raiders are division leaders and there's no telling who wins the division. we could lose tonight and sunday and we'd be in a world of hurt. But even still it's only week 2 not week 10. Nothing is won in week 2. Is anyone else worried by the fact that the NFC South looked amazing yesterday. (granted falcons beat lions) but our so called peace of cake schedule looked to me like it got way harder yesterday.
                      I'm not jumping to conclusions. I'm just merely pointing out the simple truth. And now that we have beaten the Raiders... in fact we destroyed them, we are in prime position to take control early. Especially if we win Sunday, then SD goes down 2... and we're up just as many. And with KC and Oakland playing each other this week, our entire division is playing against someone else within the walls. So, we must win Sunday because if we don't, we'll end up being tied with not only SD but also maybe even the Raiders... but more likely KC. If we win, all of a sudden, SD is on the bottom of the division with (probably) the Raiders where they really belong.

And I'm not making homer predictions like we're going to win the Super Bowl because we're 1-0 because the past few years should have tought everyone that that is a bad idea. After going up 5-0 a couple of seasons ago, we still missed the playoffs. So...

I'm just saying.. With all the things that happened last week, it put Denver in a great position for week one to head into week 2 on top...

The KEY though, and what you're looking for is to STAY on top. We've got to play every single week the way we played the Raiders. Hitting on every cylinder on offense and getting there with defense (because even with the Raiders I saw some things on D that worried me).

Also, I wrote up another post about 5 key games we must win to be in great position but it disappeared or never got posted for some reason.

But I won't be convinced until after week 5 or so.

5 Key Games for Denver:

Oakland (week 1) W
                      San Diego (week 2) TBD
                      Kansas City (week 4) TBD
                      New England (week 7) TBD
                      New York (week 12) TBD

and of course the 2nd games for division rivals. But I figure if we win those 5, not only does that put us on top of our division, but beating NE and NY (which I only say because of Favre, really and because they're an AFC team. you could add Miami but they won't really matter come playoff time [most likely, even though they look much improved, but that doesn't take much when you only win one game]) will be huge AFC wins for us because it'll put us in great position within the conference.

of course the NFC games are important as well, but as far as conference and division goes... the first few weeks are crucial. and we've got NE just before our bye. we beat them and go into the bye week with that, we'll be set.
                      sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Working...
                      X