Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nate Burleson Out For Season/Eddie Royal Situation

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NFL&id=1158
    Nate Burleson tore a ligament in his knee yesterday vs. Buffalo....which was something Mike Holmgren was afraid could happen. Burleson was a starting WR yesterday AND the starting kick/punt returner. I'm not 100% whether he suffered the injury on a kick return or on offense, but this opens up eyes...especially ours.

Eddie Royal will also carry this same role tonight, and we can't help but wonder...WHAT IF....if it happened to Burleson...couldn't it happen to....

We would never hope that something like this would happen, but with this current injury happening, do you think we should continue to take the same risk with Eddie Royal?

It remains to be seen if Royal will actually do the returning and kicking, but Mike Shanahan has stated that he will.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Tom Brady dropped back to pass and got hurt.
    Just imagine if Jay Cutler drops back to pass?

Burleson got hurt on offense anyways. This is really a non issue. Players get hurt. Its part of the game. Lets just hope he don't get hurt.

I don't have much of a problem with Royal returning punts/kicks and playing the WR Role tonight.

Comment

Tom Bradys season is also over, does that mean we shouldnt play Cutler?
      sigpic

Comment

Yes, we should be using Royal for kick/punt returns. That's why we drafted him. Our special teams last year was horrible. We need a quality returner. Injuried happen to a lot of players on any type of play. Look at Nugent the Jets kicker, even he got hurt yesterday. There's no way to prodict when or what positional player could get hurt. Teams will continue to put their best players on the field as often as possible.

Comment

Just play football. Cant live life in Fear, the kid is a rookie let him play. GO BRONCOS!

Comment

KO returns are much more violent than PR duties. I just say have Hall and Lowry on KOs and have Royal on PR.

I would alos like to take this chance to say TRADE COLBERT to Seattle
            Bring back Martinez!

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
            J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
            R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Hey guys to clarify this thread....DON'T ATTACK ME!! I have my own opinion on the matter, and I haven't stated it. I'm simply asking you what you think.
              Will Shanahan become more conservative with Royal because of the injury to Nate Burleson (starting WR, and starting KR/PR) or does this not change anything?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                Hey guys to clarify this thread....DON'T ATTACK ME!! I have my own opinion on the matter, and I haven't stated it. I'm simply asking you what you think.
                Will Shanahan become more conservative with Royal because of the injury to Nate Burleson (starting WR, and starting KR/PR) or does this not change anything?
                Oh ok. I honestly dont think that he'll be conservative with Royal for PR/KR during this game. But if Royal becomes the clear cut #2 receiver in upcoming weeks then I think he'll find someone else for return duties.
                sigpic

Comment

Lets just hope that we only have to return 1 kick off all game.
                  And our Defense is pathetic that I doubt he will return many punts.
                  So no worries.

Damn, its almost game time

I'm stiggity stoked. :dance:

Comment

Injuries happen, they especially happen when you are Tom Brady. All jokes aside, you just have to play the players you got and be ready to replace a man if he goes down.

Comment

Other side of the coin...DeSean Jackson started yesterday in place of Reggie Brown. He also had PR/KR responsibilities, along with being a WR.

He did a great job. While he didnt score, he did give the Eagles great field position (me some great ff points!), and made some important catches.

Eddie Royal could just as easily do the same tonight.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                      -Sean Payton

Comment

Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post

I'm stiggity stoked. :dance:

:dance::dance::dance:

sigpic

Comment

If Royal is our best return man, put him out there.
                          "You can't take the sky from me..."
                          ------
                          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Powell is out for the season and Ryan Torain won't be healthy until halfway through the year.

Hopefully our serious injuries are over with for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncFanIN View Post
                              Other side of the coin...DeSean Jackson started yesterday in place of Reggie Brown. He also had PR/KR responsibilities, along with being a WR.

He did a great job. While he didnt score, he did give the Eagles great field position (me some great ff points!), and made some important catches.

Eddie Royal could just as easily do the same tonight.
                              Weird coincidence...

Just last week I dropped Burleson to pick up DeSean Jackson. I kind of regretted it once I realized that Burleson was essentially their #1 due to injuries to the other WR's.

Not regretting anymore...

Winter is Coming!

Comment

Working...
                              X