Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Despite our whoopin' on the Raiders tonight,there's still some things that bugs me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Despite our whoopin' on the Raiders tonight,there's still some things that bugs me...

One BIG thing...is our defense.

We only sacked Russell TWO TIMES. We never did INT the QB. And Dre Bly still sucks at tackling.

But boy do I love where our offense is going. And special teams has improved some, Eddie Royal is a big reason why we won tonight.

well our guys were always in position covering too bad russell over throws everyone. including shaquille oneal

Comment

Originally posted by Orange Crush 16 View Post

We only sacked Russell TWO TIMES. We never did INT the QB. And Dre Bly still sucks at tackling.

But boy do I love where our offense is going. And special teams has improved some, Eddie Royal is a big reason why we won tonight.
      For the most part Russel was throwing quick passes. He was hurried for the majority of the night. It's not so much the sacks, it's all about the pressure and I think the D did that well tonight. Lets hope they can continue to do it for the rest of the season. Pressure = INT's

Comment

Originally posted by Orange Crush 16 View Post

Russell for the most part threw away from either Bly or Bailey. He tossed shorter passes to people covered by LB's or Paymah.

I agree about the pass rush. It's still not there yet. We got some pressure but not a lot and not as often as we should. That might make for some long games against teams with more potent offenses.
        You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

this forum is never happy even after pounding a rival who spanked us in the last contest before last night.

Comment

why is everyone so quick to discredit how well the broncos played tonight?

it's like i said before, everybody makes excuses for losing... who the hell makes excuses for winning.

Comment

Its not so much sacks, its pressure, and hurrying him to make bad decisions, if you watched the game there was pressure every time on Jamarcus
              sigpic

Check out my NFL Draft website!

Comment

Are you kidding! Elvis was in the backfield more than McFadden was. Russell never looked comfortable in the pocket until late in the 4th. He had broncos behind him or at his feet almost everytime he dropped back. I'm not sure that's going to translate against the Super Chokers on Sunday but I know that Russell is seeing Orange and Blue in his sleep! They are much improved over last season.
                "I reject your reality and substitute my own"
                - Mythbusters

"Go America... Go Broncos"
                - Stan, South Park

I cheer for three teams EVERY WEEK! The Broncos and whoever is playing the Raiders and the Patriots.
                - Me

God Bless the United States of America!

Comment

Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
                  this forum is never happy even after pounding a rival who spanked us in the last contest before last night.
                  I agree with you elevation it's like we lost or something... Dre Bly didnt even get a chance to tackle anyone, well once he did and guess what he made it.

pass rush was great 2 sacks a fumble and lots of pressure = great in my opinion.
                  GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wigglesworth View Post
                    Are you kidding! Elvis was in the backfield more than McFadden was. Russell never looked comfortable in the pocket until late in the 4th. He had broncos behind him or at his feet almost everytime he dropped back. I'm not sure that's going to translate against the Super Chokers on Sunday but I know that Russell is seeing Orange and Blue in his sleep! They are much improved over last season.
                    elvis was explosive, for real.

on the play that russell fumbled, doom was back there so quick the announcers thought that doom actually caused the fumble...

i thought he might have been offsides a few times, but dude is just ridiculous off the ball.

Comment

People arent making excuses for winning. I am sure ever Bronco fan enjoyed the win, some people just like to look at where we can improve, rather than just gushing about everything that went well. Its just a different take on the game, I for one am always looking for where we can improve, no team is ever perfect (Just ask the PATS heehee), if we do improve in areas where we are obviously not brilliant it will make us stronger, nothing wrong with discussing that is there? ......

Comment

A Great Win But We Do Have Some Issues

Watching last night's game I was really impressed with the O-Line, especially Clady. I do understand why Shanny drafted this kid; a tremendous job! The passing game looked awesome without Marshall and should only improve when he returns. Cutler is simply a beast!! The D-Line gets a passing grade for putting pressure on the QB but people we still suck against the run; lets hope it will get better. No secret here we still need a RB. Selvin Young, Hall, nor Pittman will carry us deep into the playoffs. Someone on this board will respond about Hall's numbers; 10 carries on 60yards or something, don't be fooled those numbers came when the game was well out of reach. We played a team that was just as bad as we were against the run last year; we need a quality RB. This team has so much potential but the two biggest issues is stoping the run and being able to run the football. To those Hall and Young supporters; it won't get any better. We have some really tough games moving forward against some good defenses and I do not have a good feeling about these guys. I thought the added weight was going to help Young????? What a joke!!

Comment

Not true. What we don't know from this game is what it's worth. It's put us atop the Division but are we good enough at this point to compete with SD for the Division championship?

We did some things very well and other things not so well. I'm sure the coaches have their wish list of things to fix before Sunday as well as figuring out the best way to attack the Chargers defense and hold off their offense and a game plan to prepare and install.

From the fans viewpoint, though, we are unsure what the game means in terms of how good are we really?

We will know more after Sunday's game.
                          You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by improv View Post
                            People arent making excuses for winning. I am sure ever Bronco fan enjoyed the win, some people just like to look at where we can improve, rather than just gushing about everything that went well. Its just a different take on the game, I for one am always looking for where we can improve, no team is ever perfect (Just ask the PATS heehee), if we do improve in areas where we are obviously not brilliant it will make us stronger, nothing wrong with discussing that is there? ......
                            Pretty much. Yes the win was awesome and I know I enjoyed every last second of it., but we still only forced 1 turnover and gave up 150 yards on the ground. While we didnt give up any points on the ground, we were still at times getting gashed by the running of the Raiders. Not to say that we didnt look 110% improved from last year, its just the numbers kind of jump at you and make you wonder how a team posts 150 rushing yards and only scores 14 points. Thankfully we have an offense that will put people in huge holes early and take away their rushing attack.

In all honesty though, I think we can improve against the run, and as long as the defense is a top 15 defense, we have a great shot to do a lot of damage. I honestly believe this team can make a serious run this year.

Comment

Originally posted by improv View Post
                              i understand the desire for constant improvement. but it's off putting when people who are looking for improvement come in here and dog out the defense and then proclaim to the world that the raiders could have beaten us had they run the ball more, or ran more screens... or something to that effect.

it's not constructive. cats like yosemitesam come in here and diagram friggin gameplans... now i'm not saying that to that degree people should be contributing, but damn - it's ridiculous the level of negativity after a very impressive outing by a team that was lightyears away from this kind of excitement last season.

Comment

Working...
                              X