Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Despite our whoopin' on the Raiders tonight,there's still some things that bugs me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll worry about our issues when we start losing.
    2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Comment

its simple...we still can't STOP THE RUN...and we need keon lattimore

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by boofeyblitz View Post
        For the most part Russel was throwing quick passes. He was hurried for the majority of the night. It's not so much the sacks, it's all about the pressure and I think the D did that well tonight. Lets hope they can continue to do it for the rest of the season. Pressure = INT's
        Exactly. Ya sacks are nice and they look good but i was very pleased with the pressure we had on Russel all night. Even JE60 got some decent pressure.
        "It's better to die on your feet, than to live a lifetime on your knees." -Emiliano Zapata
        R.I.P. D-Will & D-Nash R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Comment

All I'm saying is that we played a team last night that was not that good against the pass and Shanny recognized something and exploited their secondary. If you look at the 1st half, we did not initially run the ball well. I'm just making a point that there will be teams where we won't be able to pass that easily and running effectively in the 1st half will be required. I do believe Hall runs with more power and should be the starting back until Tottian proves himself.

Comment

i think this game further shows that Hall will be getting the most carries this year. Selvin comes off hs feet too quickly while Hall can rumble forward.
            dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

I agree we can't get too carried away with this win. A great win, and good things from Cutler, Royal, pass protection and Prater (although some kickoffs weren't as deep as I'd like), among others. But despite the results the D looked shaky at times, the special teams coverage units really scare me, and the running game wasn't as dominant as you'd like to see against a mediocre-at-best run D. I still think our D is vulnerable to the run and short pass, and I think we'll see more of the ugly against the sparklers this weekend. We soundly beat a really bad team on the road last night, did what we were supposed to do. I'll be a believer if we can compete with San Diego.

Comment

I'm the kind of guy who would never ...

... throw a pass and have guys do gassers after practice if they went out-of-bounds. Punt? What's that?

Having said that I think Shanahan is using what he has very well:
                -a running game system which must be respected
                -a passing game that won't let D put eight in the box
                -a brand new OL that does pass pro better than run block, but will get better at the latter
                -playcalling which is very unpredictable

Run to set up the pass or vice versa? Appears to be the latter at the moment, but opposing D can't ignore the Denver running game.

As far as personnel is concerned, playing both Young and Hall with Pittman in situations will keep them all healthy until Torain returns. Hillis is very valuable.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by boofeyblitz View Post
                  For the most part Russel was throwing quick passes. He was hurried for the majority of the night. It's not so much the sacks, it's all about the pressure and I think the D did that well tonight. Lets hope they can continue to do it for the rest of the season. Pressure = INT's
                  You're right on that about not so much about sacks but is about pressure... and guess what? we never intercepted the ball....

Comment

I thought the pressure was pretty good. Elvis looked much improved, very explosive, very fast. We didn't get a pick, but that's because Russel was scared to death of out corners. Bailey doesn't even have his name on the stat sheet. This doesn't mean that he sucked; it means the ball never went his way. Even Bly was only tested a handful of times, and he's the SECOND corner. That was Russel's one good move, throwing against the linebackers and the nickel back. I mean, I'll take no INTs all season if it means we've effectively shut the pass down without them.

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Joe View Post
                      Pretty much. Yes the win was awesome and I know I enjoyed every last second of it., but we still only forced 1 turnover and gave up 150 yards on the ground. While we didnt give up any points on the ground, we were still at times getting gashed by the running of the Raiders. Not to say that we didnt look 110% improved from last year, its just the numbers kind of jump at you and make you wonder how a team posts 150 rushing yards and only scores 14 points. Thankfully we have an offense that will put people in huge holes early and take away their rushing attack.

In all honesty though, I think we can improve against the run, and as long as the defense is a top 15 defense, we have a great shot to do a lot of damage. I honestly believe this team can make a serious run this year.
                      If you take out the long 4th quarter run then the numbers look a lot better. I believe before Fargas' run they were averaging 4.0 a carry, which is pretty meh. But the biggest point is that the Raiders were shut out until getting two meaningless 4th quarter TD's.
                      sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

I have to agree our defense isn't up to par, but as far as no INTs Russell avoided Champ like a plague and for the most part they ran the ball. I'm more concerned with our run D, we still haven't improved much in that area since last year. And yes I agree Bly is a pansie! This game was supposed to be a blowout, we were playing Oakland. Next week will tell us more on how good the Broncs really are....

.... and here's to Merriman blowing out that knee in Denver!!!!!

GO BRONCOS!
                        sigpic
                        What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Comment

Some people can just never enjoy a win, no matter how big of one it is.....

Comment

Originally posted by jhns View Post
                            Some people can just never enjoy a win, no matter how big of one it is.....
                            I think overall we played okay, but remember it was only the Raiders. Room for improvement is always good other wise if you just settle for that only (our 41-14 win) then you're not gonna win many games. Football is physical but it's also mental, a huge part of it.

Comment

I saw plenty of pressure on the qb last night. I don't know what the big deal is. This defense is playing just about where I thought they would. I'd like to see someone jump those routes over the middle with the lead the Broncos had, but they played pretty solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Orange Crush 16 View Post
                                I think overall we played okay, but remember it was only the Raiders. Room for improvement is always good other wise if you just settle for that only (our 41-14 win) then you're not gonna win many games. Football is physical but it's also mental, a huge part of it.
                                Well you better get to training then!!!

I don't see how you are helping the team improve by complaining about a win....

Comment

Working...
                                X