Wait A Second!! ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hardbodyaz View Post
    Why has no one in the media given Denver the CORRECT reason why there was a blow out. Everyone is saying that the Raiders are just "bad"...They have the "BEST" CB tandem, a number one pick in a QB (and screw all of you who want to give him an excuse as it he is just a rookie....the boy sucks worse than any rookie QB in the league and he had a whole year to learn the system), and the top RB in this years draft. COME ON!!?? Denver is a POWER HOUSE on both sides of the ball and they can make a not so good team look like an awful team. Their play demoralized the players on the Raider team which caused all the 15 yard personal fouls. Are you telling me that OUR rookie receiver is head and shoulders above their "TOP" CB tandem....maybe he is?? Our run game was not that eye popping so that says something about there D-line and LB's. Combine that with the 2 CB's you cant tell me they are so bad, but more Denver is a POWER HOUSE that is not on anyones radar. I guess that can be good. We won because we are AWSOME...NOT because the Raiders SUCK!!

Dude...........

I'm fielding this as a rhetorical question, because I simply don't believe that the citizens of the USA are this genuinely stupid.

Pay attention or don't ask stupid questions. Men and women who opt for Journalism as a career track have one thing in common. They are all brain-dead illiterates who worship liberalism......but only like a God.

Don't believe me? Then keep reading their infantile scrawl......it's your dime.

Go ahead....do it.
    Last edited by Darth Tyger; 09-09-2008, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Wow...

Originally posted by Darth Tyger View Post
      Dude...........

I'm fielding this as a rhetorical question, because I simply don't believe that the citizens of the USA are this genuinely stupid.

Pay attention or don't ask stupid questions. Men and women who opt for Journalism as a career track have one thing in common. They are all brain-dead illiterates who worship liberalism......but only like a God.

Go ahead....do it.
      ...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a degree in journalism and have a career along the same line and for some reason don't think I'm brain-dead although I am a liberal but you make it like it's a bad thing. Every journalist is like every politician or football fan or whatever your fancy is and has their own opinion. Why don't you let this person have their own freaking opinion instead of calling people out based on their opinion. Maybe their opinion is dead-on and maybe not but geez us liberals do let you have an opinion and even state it but don't sterotype us please. This is a football message board but your rude comments are definitely unappreciated.

Prior to today about 30 percent or so of people were picking the Raiders to win simply because they'd drafted Darren McFadden and many are high on this kid for good reason. It's nice to be a little underated though as Royal is living proof of after his performance last night. Big deal - so some have some skepticism about the Broncos. We haven't exactly been winning for a couple years now and our record proves it. This is why even if we beat the living snot out of San Diego this weekend they will remain ranked above us in power rankings. It is about winning games - not completion percentages or QB ratings or so on ad so forth. Herman Edwards' has said it time and time again - "You play to win the game." When my Broncos win a few more we will start getting some respect, but I guarantee you that we definitely got some after last night. We would have got more if it wasn't the Raiders and they didn't look pathetic (they didn't look pathetic, we made them look that way).

The one thing we all need to remember is that this is week one of the season. Sixteen teams won this week and sixteen didn't but that doesn't mean that all sixteen are going to the Super Bowl not does it mean that the rest suck. It'll be a few weeks still - so keep yoour fingers crossed that what we did see last night will continue because it sure was nice to see.
      Last edited by KS-BroncoGirl; 09-09-2008, 05:57 PM. Reason: Ignore the wink...don't know how to deleted it tho.
      Be jealous haters...I am the #1 Broncos fan no matter what your car tag says

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
        I would say its a combination of the both.

Until we beat someone that hasn't SUCKED the last 5 years.... then people are always going to say that. I know I would.
        I guess we'll find out on sunday with San Diego! They are not that mediocre of a team, and they got beat in the last minutes by another not so mediocre team!

I believe if we play sunday like we played monday, we ought to do well!
        Haze gray and underway!

Comment

Originally posted by antipas View Post
          I guess we'll find out on sunday with San Diego! They are not that mediocre of a team, and they got beat in the last minutes by another not so mediocre team!

I think that it's safe to say that Denver has the better QB and WR corps when compared to Carolina. If last week was any indication, it's a good thing that SM is out for the year, Lights Out would be Lit Up!

Dang, that would've made a good headline too!

Comment

Originally posted by CutlersKilla006 View Post
            Well sure man, its because its the Broncos, we never get any props. I agree if the cowboys or patriots or steelers did the same to the raiders then they would be talking about how good those teams are.
            I agree we aren't getting as much credit as we should after that win..

But you have to realise we still have to prove ourselves, teams like the Cowboys, Pats (with Brady) and Steelers have already proved they are good teams with most people thinking they'll go deep into the playoffs.

We haven't earnt that respect yet, beat the Chargers this week and we will start seeing some.

Comment

When a team commits 10 penalties, 5 of them personal fouls and the other 5 illegal procedures, drops catchable passes, and fumbles the ball three times, you can't take all the credit for beating them like a drum.

Pittsburgh routed a decent Houston team. Buffalo routed a decent Seahawks team. Dallas pounded a decent Cleveland team.

The Broncos and the Eagles routed very bad teams.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeBassett View Post
                When a team commits 10 penalties, 5 of them personal fouls and the other 5 illegal procedures, drops catchable passes, and fumbles the ball three times, you can't take all the credit for beating them like a drum.

Pittsburgh routed a decent Houston team. Buffalo routed a decent Seahawks team. Dallas pounded a decent Cleveland team.

Houston is NOT a good team, and hasn't shown to be good at all. I dont' know how you think they are decent.

Not to mention, if there are two teams on the field, and one gets beat like a FRIGGIN DRUM.... the OTHER team on the field can take credit for taking you to the woodshed and KICKING YOUR ASS. Deal with it.

It wasn't your offense that lost his game, it was your defense that couldn't stop us.

Comment

Originally posted by antipas View Post

Agreed. No matter if we win or lose... if we play like we did against Oakland... we will have a damned good game and show to be a contender.

Comment

Originally posted by camsmith View Post
                    I agree we aren't getting as much credit as we should after that win..

But you have to realise we still have to prove ourselves, teams like the Cowboys, Pats (with Brady) and Steelers have already proved they are good teams with most people thinking they'll go deep into the playoffs.

We haven't earnt that respect yet, beat the Chargers this week and we will start seeing some.
                    I definately AGREE with this statement! The Raiders were just the first game of the season! I tell ya what, if we play San Diego like we played Oakland: it'll be a wild night in San Diego!!!!!!(for Denver)
                    Haze gray and underway!

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeBassett View Post

Well, here's to hope'n we play them on an even keel! Hey time will tell!
                      Haze gray and underway!

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Tyger View Post
                        Dude...........

Go ahead....do it.
                        Wow......you have it all figured don't you????? If only someday I could be so intellectually aware..... Hopefully not.

Comment

Originally posted by KS-BroncoGirl View Post
                          ...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a degree in journalism and have a career along the same line and for some reason don't think I'm brain-dead although I am a liberal but you make it like it's a bad thing. Every journalist is like every politician or football fan or whatever your fancy is and has their own opinion. Why don't you let this person have their own freaking opinion instead of calling people out based on their opinion. Maybe their opinion is dead-on and maybe not but geez us liberals do let you have an opinion and even state it but don't sterotype us please. This is a football message board but your rude comments are definitely unappreciated.

Prior to today about 30 percent or so of people were picking the Raiders to win simply because they'd drafted Darren McFadden and many are high on this kid for good reason. It's nice to be a little underated though as Royal is living proof of after his performance last night. Big deal - so some have some skepticism about the Broncos. We haven't exactly been winning for a couple years now and our record proves it. This is why even if we beat the living snot out of San Diego this weekend they will remain ranked above us in power rankings. It is about winning games - not completion percentages or QB ratings or so on ad so forth. Herman Edwards' has said it time and time again - "You play to win the game." When my Broncos win a few more we will start getting some respect, but I guarantee you that we definitely got some after last night. We would have got more if it wasn't the Raiders and they didn't look pathetic (they didn't look pathetic, we made them look that way).

The one thing we all need to remember is that this is week one of the season. Sixteen teams won this week and sixteen didn't but that doesn't mean that all sixteen are going to the Super Bowl not does it mean that the rest suck. It'll be a few weeks still - so keep yoour fingers crossed that what we did see last night will continue because it sure was nice to see.
                          Is it me or is the "Sports Media" to the Broncos the same as the "News Media" is to the Republicans?? Just a thought

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                            Houston is NOT a good team, and hasn't shown to be good at all. I dont' know how you think they are decent.

Not to mention, if there are two teams on the field, and one gets beat like a FRIGGIN DRUM.... the OTHER team on the field can take credit for taking you to the woodshed and KICKING YOUR ASS. Deal with it.

It wasn't your offense that lost his game, it was your defense that couldn't stop us.
                            Actually, I sort of agree with his point.

The Broncos can take credit for the win, of course. It was a great win, and they deserve every bit of that success. BUT...

Did we dominate them the way the score suggests? I don't think so. Offensively, we did very well. But defensively, 3 of the 4 first half stops were based on self-destructive plays by the Raiders more than good defense. They ran for 142 yards in the game (Denver's average last season). That's 4.8 yards per carry. Russell had a 111 QB rating. Without all that crap, the Broncos still win by 2 scores. But not by 4.

Certainly the fact that they were as efficient as they were statistically and still lost by 27 points shows just how badly their undisciplined play and poor gameplan hurt them. They are not nearly as bad as that game portrays and the knee-jerk journalists are reporting. And the Broncos aren't nearly as good just yet.
                            Last edited by Lomax; 09-10-2008, 01:09 AM.
                            "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

Denver is gonna have to come out and earn everyone's respect this year, beating the Chargers this week will go a long way to establishing that!

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                                wh ydo you think we deserve to be in the top 10-15 we were in the bottom of the league last year

its just how power rankings work, if your bad and beat a bad team your not gonna get much acknowledgment because you havent proven anything yet

now if we beat the chargers in a convincing fashion without them shooting themselves in the foot as much as the raiders did then yes people may start talking about us
                                Yes and no. If we beat the Chargers, we will be beating them when they play without their star RB and without their All-Pro LB, Steroidman. People will still say we didn't play the "real" Chargers.

But, that's two divisional games down and won and if we continue to do that and kick ass the first half of the season, we have a better chance to cinch the division in the last half (when we play the so-called "weaker" teams)
                                You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X