X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBboundBRONCOS
    replied
    Originally posted by Poindexter View Post
    Not to call you out too badly about this statement, but it's a tad bit exaggerated. We were not quite in the bottom. Just barley outside the bottom maybe. There were plenty of teams worse than us last year. Raiders, Rams, Saints, Ravens, Chiefs, 49's, Bears, Bengals who can forget the 1-15 Dolphins just to name a few.

Yeah we had a bad season last year and maybe we do need to earn our way back into respectability, but I do believe we have all the tools this year, and I am confident that our Defense will make a showing this year. Bates is gone and now we have a simpler, smarter defensive scheme that keeps each player where they should be, doing the job they are supposed to do. No more of that gimmicky crap Bates had us trying to do at the start of last season. More importantly we don't have the laundry list of injuries we sustained last season.

I believe after we beat the Sparklers (oh and we will!) we will have some of that respect back.
    well not to call you out either but we lost to both the raiders and the bears

but just because you HAVE the tools doesnt make you a respectable team, you have to show you can use those tools

i mean just because i have a bunch of wood, nails, a saw and a hammer doesnt mean i can build a deck.

we have the POTENTIAL to be a very dangerous team this year, that is as far as im going with that, your right though we have to win back our respect and we can start with the chargers hopefully

Leave a comment:

• antipas
    replied
    Originally posted by Hardbodyaz View Post
    Is it me or is the "Sports Media" to the Broncos the same as the "News Media" is to the Republicans?? Just a thought
    All political talk aside, your right!

Leave a comment:

• KS-BroncoGirl
    replied
    So when they...

Originally posted by rogue719 View Post
    Yes and no. If we beat the Chargers, we will be beating them when they play without their star RB and without their All-Pro LB, Steroidman. People will still say we didn't play the "real" Chargers.

But, that's two divisional games down and won and if we continue to do that and kick ass the first half of the season, we have a better chance to cinch the division in the last half (when we play the so-called "weaker" teams)
    ...dismantled us this past year when we were injured does that mean that they beat a weak team or a weakened team?

Leave a comment:

• tat2matt
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr. Broncos View Post
    Denver is rated No 1 in power rankings:

http://www.footballtimes.org/nflpowerrank.asp
    They have the Vikings ranked behind the 49ers, and the Jags ranked behind the Bengals. Sorry, I can't take much stock in their "experts".

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Broncos
    replied
    Denver is rated No 1 in power rankings:

http://www.footballtimes.org/nflpowerrank.asp

Leave a comment:

• Bronks Fan
    replied
    If we're such powerhouses, why can't we ever get our special teams right? They gave up a big return and it was deja-vu from the last couple of years. Weakest link - no doubts.

Leave a comment:

• Poindexter
    replied
    Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    wh ydo you think we deserve to be in the top 10-15 we were in the bottom of the league last year

Not to call you out too badly about this statement, but it's a tad bit exaggerated. We were not quite in the bottom. Just barley outside the bottom maybe. There were plenty of teams worse than us last year. Raiders, Rams, Saints, Ravens, Chiefs, 49's, Bears, Bengals who can forget the 1-15 Dolphins just to name a few.

Yeah we had a bad season last year and maybe we do need to earn our way back into respectability, but I do believe we have all the tools this year, and I am confident that our Defense will make a showing this year. Bates is gone and now we have a simpler, smarter defensive scheme that keeps each player where they should be, doing the job they are supposed to do. No more of that gimmicky crap Bates had us trying to do at the start of last season. More importantly we don't have the laundry list of injuries we sustained last season.

I believe after we beat the Sparklers (oh and we will!) we will have some of that respect back.

Leave a comment:

• tat2matt
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco-24 View Post
    That's not true at all. The Eagles beat the Rams 38-3 and they shoot up the Power Rankings. The Rams are awful, and when the Eagles beat them, its because "They are such a good football team," but when it comes to the Broncos, it's a whole different story so I don't wanna hear any "The Raiders just sucked that's all" ****.
    The Eagles have a consistently better than average defense, a QB who has taken a far less talented offense to the Super Bowl, and Brian Westbrook. There are many (including myself) who believe that as long as McNabb stays healthy, the Eagles will be in contention for at least the division, if not the conference.

The Broncos have a young QB who everyone agrees will be great, but still hasn't achieved anything yet; a young receiver corps that looks great but is still young; a running game by commitee; and a less than mediocre defense that still has A LOT to prove. Until the team proves it can consistently perform against all teams, they won't garner much more than passing respect from the media.

Leave a comment:

• PowderAddict
    replied
    Power ranking = jack squat
    Division & Conference standings = only thing that matters.

Let the pundits and reporters talk, at the end of the day, that's all it is -- talk.

Leave a comment:

• tat2matt
    replied
    Originally posted by antipas View Post
    I tell ya what, if we play San Diego like we played Oakland: it'll be a wild night in San Diego!!!!!!(for Denver)
    Psst...home game

Leave a comment:

• Bronco-24
    replied
    Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    its just how power rankings work, if your bad and beat a bad team your not gonna get much acknowledgment because you havent proven anything yet
    That's not true at all. The Eagles beat the Rams 38-3 and they shoot up the Power Rankings. The Rams are awful, and when the Eagles beat them, its because "They are such a good football team," but when it comes to the Broncos, it's a whole different story so I don't wanna hear any "The Raiders just sucked that's all" ****.
    Last edited by Bronco-24; 09-10-2008, 12:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by BoltNut View Post
    Before things get too crazy this week, I just wanted to stop by and give you guys my Congrats! Cutler looked great and everyone seemed to step up. I only hope my Bolts wake up and remember how to play football. LOL It's only week one, so much can happen, but what a great start for the Broncos. Best of luck to you all......except this weekend, of course. It's really good to have you back again.
    Classy post!!

Leave a comment:

• BoltNut
    replied
    Before things get too crazy this week, I just wanted to stop by and give you guys my Congrats! Cutler looked great and everyone seemed to step up. I only hope my Bolts wake up and remember how to play football. LOL It's only week one, so much can happen, but what a great start for the Broncos. Best of luck to you all......except this weekend, of course. It's really good to have you back again.

Leave a comment:

• broncofanatik
    replied
    Originally posted by Hardbodyaz View Post
    Is it me or is the "Sports Media" to the Broncos the same as the "News Media" is to the Republicans?? Just a thought
    Lol. Anyways We wern't a bad team last year, just an inconsistent one. We did beat the steelers last year and it was not through 'luck plays' either. I imagine even if we beat the chargers this week-end, we will still be ranked 10-15 and the chargers in the top 5. Just how things work.

Leave a comment:

• 4th Amigo
    replied
    I agree that some "analysts" seem to be downgrading our performance because of how awful the Raiders looked.......but in their defense, I am pretty sure the Raiders could not have beat a single team in the NFL the way they played us, it was really just about the most terrible I have ever seen them look.

Funny thing is, half or three quarters of those same analysts picked the Raiders to beat us, and many thought the Raiders were going to be pretty decent this year.

Just goes to show they have absolutely positively no clue what they are talking about.......so why bother paying attention?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X