Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike and Mike in the Morning- True/False Jay Cutler will be.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigplayshay84
    replied
    1. Jay Cutler(I'm serious, look at our offensive firepower)
    2. Eli Manning(he has plax and jacobs)
    3. Peyton Manning
    4. Brett Favre
    5. Tony Romo

Eli has the least amount of offensive weapons. He is younger and is also a better athlete than his brother, while he may look goofier.

Oh yeah, Aaron Rodgers is weak. The things QB2-5 have in common are this. They have a great running back, shanny needs to cut it out with the undrafted ****(poop)heads, he is getting a little cocky.

Leave a comment:

• Taz_bb2
    replied
    Originally posted by // / yardo View Post
    Thank YOU for saving this thread. I was reading this and checking the dates on the posts like, "What the **** isn't Brady out for the season!?!?!"

Anyway, I see Cutler finishing top three.

Although I realy hate to say it and I can't stand the guy, Tony Romo may be in that equation too.
    That's what I was thinking. Kinda hard to be in the Top 5 of anything if you don't play, unless we are talking about public opinion instead of performance. Hell, by Week 3, Jamarcus Russell will have better STATS than Brady has to date, but we all know they aren't even in the same solar system.

Romo, as much as I hate the traitorous fruitcake, is sitting around 6th or 7th, IMO. He's as goofy-faced as Rivers and his IQ is dropping fast thanks to Jessica, but he's got some skills.

Leave a comment:

• silkamilkamonic
    replied
    MCNabb is a top 5 QB if he's healthy, but that's just too much of an if.

I would not put Favre in the talks of top 5 right now, even though he's still one of the better QB's in the NFL.

I would say Brees is, but he's slipped a little since his season 2 years ago. He's still among the leagues best.

I hate to say it and can't stand the guy, but IMHO Romo is the best in the league and will be for years to come.

There isn't another QB in the NFL that I would trade Cutler for. He's among the NFL's tops, will be for years to come, and is the best fit QB for Shanahan's offense.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    I would not trade Cutler for any other QB. He is starting to be as good as Big Ben and is younger, being drafted 2 years after him. As long as Cutler remains healthy and playing like this, we don't have to worry about the QB position.

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    I also am betting Manning is in there. He hasn't played all pre-season, but in week 2 he may light it up again like Manning does.

Leave a comment:

• // / yardo
    replied
    Originally posted by Taz_bb2 View Post
    In case you weren't watching the TV last Sunday...

Brady is out for the season. Kinda hard to put up Top 5 numbers when you can't play.

Manning looked just a hair above Leinhart (sp) and Croyle. He was stiff, off balance and it was very easy to see he was favoring his left leg, especially when he had to throw. His "stretch" run hand-off was scrapped for the easier long toss. He has a long way to come to get back to top 5 status.

Revised Top 5:
    1: Big Ben
    2: Drew Brees
    3: Jay Cutler
    4: Brett Farve
    5: Donovan McNabb

ANY of the top 3 can be moved around at any time and based on bias. Personally, I think Cutler is better than Brees, but after all, it IS just Week 1. By Week 5, we'll have a better idea of the Top 5 based on consistency, which is what wins Championships.
    Thank YOU for saving this thread. I was reading this and checking the dates on the posts like, "What the **** isn't Brady out for the season!?!?!"

Anyway, I see Cutler finishing top three.

Although I realy hate to say it and I can't stand the guy, Tony Romo may be in that equation too.
    Last edited by // / yardo; 09-11-2008, 08:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• broncofanatik
    replied
    Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    I absolutely loved the way the 3 Mikes called the game, they are a far superior grouping than Tirico, Kornheiser, and Jaws.
    30+ TD's.!
    I hate those other three commentators, especially Kornheiser. What does it take to become a commentator these days? seriously...

Leave a comment:

• Chris Wade
    replied
    Originally posted by cutler7624 View Post
    A lot of people don't like those guys but I watch that show a lot. I thought Mike/Mike/Ditka were ripping the Raiders hard there for a while. Especially Ditka. But like I said I watch them a lot so I might be a little biased
    When Ditka started giving props to the Bronc's they weren't about to get in Ditka's face . lol More like kiss his ring. But they did what they could without irritating Madman Mike Ditka.

Leave a comment:

• KWHIT97
    replied
    I absolutely loved the way the 3 Mikes called the game, they are a far superior grouping than Tirico, Kornheiser, and Jaws.

There is no doubt in my mind that Cutler will be not only top 5 but top 3 at years end, he's better than Big Ben, I'm sorry but Ben is more of a care-taker QB than anything.

I gave Cutler generous projections before the season started, but after Monday's performance I have no doubts that he throws for 4,000 yards and 30+ TD's.!

Leave a comment:

• BarkdogRX7
    replied
    Cutler isnt as flashy or as Outspoken or dating a super model or anything (Or country singer) so he gets looked over, then u see plays like when he bombed that one to Javon against Arizona or the toss to Royal and people start going "Oh....yeah...he's pretty good!" and then he is thrown into the table.

I really think Manning and Brady will stay on top like Favre is in their late 30's, Cutler will be one of the young guns as long as we keep guys like Marsh, Roy, and even Darrell jackson for him to throw too, u can toss balls all day but if no one catches em...u look dumb. We cant do like Elway, after the 3 Amigos left, he had NO decent WR's for a few years in HIS prime...we need to keep the cookie jar stocked

Leave a comment:

• jdubv724
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Other than Manning/Brady....

I can't think of another QB I would rather have as ours. At this point even they would be suspect since they are both coming of injury.

WHO would you pluck from another team and put onto the Broncos to replace Cutler? Seriously.

That is the question. GIVE me 5 QBs that you would sign as a FA, to replace Jay Cutler??? Anyone?

Anyone here feel that Drew Brees would be a BETTER QB than Jay Cutler?
    I would rather have Cutler than Drew Brees. But I would take Brees over a lot of QB's.

Big Ben is going to be damn good. I would rather have Cutler because I am a Cutler homer... But I think Big Ben is the real deal too.

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Other than Manning/Brady....

I can't think of another QB I would rather have as ours. At this point even they would be suspect since they are both coming of injury.

WHO would you pluck from another team and put onto the Broncos to replace Cutler? Seriously.

That is the question. GIVE me 5 QBs that you would sign as a FA, to replace Jay Cutler??? Anyone?

Anyone here feel that Drew Brees would be a BETTER QB than Jay Cutler?

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    The only thing that bugged me during the game, was when after we scored a TD... they started talking about the Radier fans and their costumes.

It's like they WANTED to change the subject..
    They DID. Look. The commentators are trying to be neutral. They didn't have to say it was a POUNDING (which they DID say)... the score was telling the story. They are on MNF, and are guests at the raiders stadium. They have been talking about how Cutler and the rookie Royal was eating them up. They were CONSTANTLY talking about how great Royal looked.

After so long... as a NEUTRAL observer, you can't just keep pouring it on. BRONCO fans wanted to pour it on.... but the Mike's were put in a spot where one team was completely EMBARRASSING the other... and they pointed that out. But they couldn't be expected to shove it down the Raiders throat. THAT would be unprofessional.

Just like the 'ohhhhh noooo'.. thats no big deal. Some people here juat WANT to believe that everyone is against them. The mike's spent the WHOLE night talking about how great Cutler looked and how great Royal looked... and yet we complain because they weren't shoving the score into the raider fans watching the game? Come on people

Leave a comment:

• broncofanatik
    replied
    I agree ben and brees and cutler as the top 3 at the moment in any order. I don't know why everyone puts mcnabb in the top 5. He constantly gets injured and if you look back through the seasons, has always had a few BIG games like last week. He follows it up with horrible performances.
    Also palmer is so over-rated. I wouldn't even rank him in top 10 atm. Romo is probabley 5 or 6, too hard to tell off 1 great season.

Leave a comment:

• jdubv724
    replied
    Originally posted by Taz_bb2 View Post
    In case you weren't watching the TV last Sunday...

Brady is out for the season. Kinda hard to put up Top 5 numbers when you can't play.

Manning looked just a hair above Leinhart (sp) and Croyle. He was stiff, off balance and it was very easy to see he was favoring his left leg, especially when he had to throw. His "stretch" run hand-off was scrapped for the easier long toss. He has a long way to come to get back to top 5 status.

Revised Top 5:
    1: Big Ben
    2: Drew Brees
    3: Jay Cutler
    4: Brett Farve
    5: Donovan McNabb

ANY of the top 3 can be moved around at any time and based on bias. Personally, I think Cutler is better than Brees, but after all, it IS just Week 1. By Week 5, we'll have a better idea of the Top 5 based on consistency, which is what wins Championships.
    I think Manning will come around once Marvin Harrison gets back into the groove of things and Jeff Saturday comes back from his knee injury. You are right though, that wasn't the Manning of old last night.

I knew Brady is out for the season. I was saying by the end of the season. Cutler will be a top 5 QB even with Manning and Brady at number 1 and 2.

You can move players in the top 5 around, and argue a few players should be ahead of some others and nobody is right or wrong. It just depends on bias like you said

Leave a comment:

Working...
X