LOL at MIKE & MIKE in the morning.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL at MIKE & MIKE in the morning.

They are hyping Cutler up they said by the end of the year he will be a top 5 QB at the end of the yer.
    -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Name the 5+ QB's who you think will be better / are better than him.

Thank you Skywalker for the Marshall sig!
    sigpic

Thank you Damien and Darrent for the memories. You will never be forgotten!

Comment

Originally posted by Champ>NFL View Post
      They are hyping Cutler up they said by the end of the year he will be a top 5 QB at the end of the yer.
      LOL @ U 4 LOL @ M&M

Jay will be top 5 this year

Comment

Big Ben, Peyton, Tom, Romo, Donovan
        -Bronco in UT

While I both agree and disagree with many posts in this thread I have to lean towards champ on this one. Jay really needs to learn how to manage the game better, and also to learn that you don't have to go for the big play EVERY time on every drive. There is something to be said to check the ball down and live to fight another day. -Great Post Cut the Excuses out please. sigh...

Helll of a post

Comment

Tom and Big Ben?

Cutler is better than Big Ben already but Big Ben has better talent around him on the other side of the ball that has helped him win more games than Cutler. If you are saying that Cutler won't be ahead of Tom as in Tom Brady then I don't know if you have heard but Tom is out for the year. So for talking about the top 5 QB's in the league for 2008 then you can't include Brady in that category, sorry. Top 5 QB's in 2008 IMO will be:

Romo
          McNabb
          Peyton (he will come around after a few starts I guarantee it)
          Cutler
          Favre

Comment

With alot of Bronco fans who think Mike cant draft... This might be the

greatest draft trade since we stole #7...We got Jay at 12...He moved up to

take him, and today noone in the NFL can argue he has not only the most

talent in his class...but it's tough to make an argument he has the most

talent in the NFL...Top 5 is stretching it... Name 3 better, how about 2...

Manning, Brady,........?????????????????? And in our system I wouldn't

want a statue like Manning, I would take Brady but the youth is on Jay's

side in that case...He is the Present and future of the NFL...Go through

all the qb's you could make a case for BEN but really who else?
            sigpic Adopted By:

Comment

When was the last time McNabb played an entire season again?

Oh and Brady is out for the year, newsflash!

Comment

Lets break it down. Ben doesn't come close to the accuracy of cutler. Also his defense is a ton better than ours.

Peyton is whenhealthy, not sure this year but he is still in top 3.

Tom is out for season and enough said.

Romo shows signs of greatness, but so did derek anderson. Is anderson a top 5 qb?

Mcnabb will get injured like he always does. Anyways he always has a few GREAT games and then a bunch of horrible ones.

Cutler is easily #3 atm already and soon to be #2 or 1

Comment

Sounds to me that you just proved to be less football intelligent than Mike and Mike

Comment

Most likely, Manning, Romo, and Brees will be in the top 5. If Mcnabb stays healthy, I can see him taking the 4th spot which would only leave 1 spot left. That spot is up in the air, but I can definitely see Jay having a chance at it.

He looked great last week and now he gets Marshall back. His diabetes is being treated properly, so the fatigue and weight loss problems of last season should be gone. Hes in a perfect situation to move into the top 5 this season.
                    2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Comment

The situation for each NFL QB is different.

Originally posted by McKeough View Post
                      Name the 5+ QB's who you think will be better / are better than him.
                      Factors that affect a QB's performance are:
                      -Offensive Line (protection=success)
                      -Running Game (can't be one-dimensional)
                      -Defense (it's hard to always outscore)
                      -Receivers (someone has to get open to catch)
                      -Special Teams/Field Position (a statistical necessity)
                      -Nagging injuries (always affect performance)

Established QBs who are off to a good start are:
                      -Brett Favre (might be an immortal)
                      -Donovan McNabb (a great start for '08)
                      -Drew Brees (effective in several areas)
                      -Ben Rothlisberger (when he's on ... )
                      -Eli Manning (has much going for him)
                      -Tony Romo (regardless of appearances he gets it done)
                      -Jake Delhomme (crazy 'Cajun won't give up)

Some veteran QBs who have some of the above factors against them:
                      -David Garrard (OL is NOT helping)
                      -Carson Palmer (poor dude)
                      -Chad Pennington (Miami is lucky to have him)
                      -Marc Bulger (so many team problems; more analysis needed)
                      -Matt Hasselbeck (has the window of opportunity closed?)
                      -Jon Kitna (?????)
                      -Peyton Manning (is trying to come back from surgery; stay tuned)

Emerging QBs who have a chance to truly establish themselves:
                      -Jay Cutler (off to agreat start; vs. Chargers a major test for the team)
                      -Philip (or just lip) Rivers (consistency? window of opportunity?)
                      -Aaron Rodgers (time will tell)
                      -Kyle Orton (surrounded by a great team; can he more than "manage"?)
                      -Trent Edwards (another Stanford QB)

Rookie and/or other promising young QBs:
                      -Matt Ryan (looks like the real deal ... , so far)
                      -Joe Flacco (made the most of an opportunity)
                      -JaMarcus Russell (has the talent, but the organization ... ???)
                      -Brady Quinn (may get his chance sooner rather than later)
                      -Kevin O'Connell (which team is he on ?)

Teams with major question marks at the QB position:
                      -Patriots (Matt Cassel ?)
                      -Titans (Vince Young?)
                      -Chiefs (?????)
                      -Redskins (Jason Campbell plays in the toughest division)
                      -Vikings (Tavaris Jackson?)
                      -49ers (OMG!?!?)

The season has just begun. IF the Broncos can defeat the Chargers on Sunday, they will have a chance to control and win the division. The AFC East and NFC South pose at least five major problems (three of those are on the road). Jacksonville at home and at Cleveland might be manageable. Denver's OL, D and ST will be improving each week because of the youth and new personnel. Jay Cutler may well be in the very top group of NFL QBs going into the playoffs. Let us hope it is with home-field-advantage.

Trash-talk is not analytical. Lack of analysis causes overlooking that which shocks and surprises. Shock and surprise can't be a good thing. I'm just sayin'.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I honestly can't think of 5 different QBs that I would rather have on my team than Jay Cutler. I can't think of three that I would RATHER have over Cutler.

Comment

After Cutler looked like Tom Brady last week, I would say that he is definately a legit threat to make this list. I wont go into it like some, but Jay looked like he could have throw for 500yds, but the game was over at halftime so we just ran the clock out. He spread the ball out well I thought, He looked to Eddies direction alot, but if you can't cover a guy, dont stop throwing it to him.

Comment

You guys are arguing top QB's in the NFL.

Quit bringing up the defense argument. It's completely irrelevant.

Ben Roethlesberger is a top 5 QB in the NFL, IMHO.

Comment

Peyton
                              Romo
                              Cutler
                              Big Ben
                              Mcnabb (if healthy)

Comment

Working...
                              X