Post game rants---Chargers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post game rants---Chargers

I really don't believe that Denver's offense was a fluke on Monday night or even the results of the Raiders having a bad defense...I think they're the real deal and they'll get it done during the whole season. I still can't imagine how much better our offense will be with Brandon Marshall back in the line-up....however I am still skeptical about our defense...

Obviously they've improved, but I don't buy it that they've improved that significantly. That's why I'm predicting that Sunday's game is going to be an offensive explosion by both Denver and San Diego. I'm talking maybe a game like last year with the Browns vs. Cincinatti...that kind of offensive show.

I'm so excited for Sunday though....our offense was monstrous on Monday night and I can't even begin to imagine how it's going to be with Brandon Marshall back...thoughts? Do you guys also think it'll be an offensive show?
    Yes
    68.75%
    No
    31.25%

The poll is expired.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Yes, I don't see either defense doing much. LT will have his way with us and our passing game will have their way with them. 51-50 score isn't far fetched. That would only prove both teams are equally matched.

Comment

Originally posted by broncofanatik View Post
      Yes, I don't see either defense doing much. LT will have his way with us and our passing game will have their way with them. 51-50 score isn't far fetched. That would only prove both teams are equally matched.
      very true...I actually hope that the Broncos can keep LT in check during the game...because if they can...we're going to win the game.

It's going to be a high scoring affair....highlights after highlights....game of the week if you ask me

sigpic

Comment

Cromartie will try to stick like glue against Marshall. But who will cover Royal? The rookie Cason? And there is no Merriman. Their starting safety is only in his 2nd year... I see Cutler shooting his lasers all game long. The problem is how our defense will stop LT, Rivers & crew, because our offense has more than enough weapons for this showdown.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
          very true...I actually hope that the Broncos can keep LT in check during the game...because if they can...we're going to win the game.

It's going to be a high scoring affair....highlights after highlights....game of the week if you ask me
          I tend to agree!
          Sept. 10, 2006, [email protected] 10-18, Sept. 28, 2008, [email protected] 19-33, Nov. 16, 2014, [email protected] 7-22 <--Broncos games I've attended

Comment

Man what ever we are going to destroy these guys.. For one thing they are not what they once were, for another we still want to pay back Mr. Mouth aka Rivers, and for a third thing we are head and shoulders above what we were last year.

In the preseason our starters beat ever other teams starters period. Yes im staying it, we are that good. Perhaps a year away from the SB but we are not as far as you might thing.

Denver 35 SD 17

Comment

Originally posted by PaperBagBronco View Post
              Man what ever we are going to destroy these guys.. For one thing they are not what they once were, for another we still want to pay back Mr. Mouth aka Rivers, and for a third thing we are head and shoulders above what we were last year.

In the preseason our starters beat ever other teams starters period. Yes im staying it, we are that good. Perhaps a year away from the SB but we are not as far as you might thing.

Denver 35 SD 17
              F****ing hate rivers. Karma needs to serve him a lesson this week-end.

Comment

We are nowhere near super bowl yet. And one blowout win over the raiders doesn't prove we are way better than last year. Just means we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot as much. Chargers are still very talented and anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't know much about football. And even if we do keep L.T. in check has anyone seen our pass d lately. It's been nonexistent all year. (including preseason) So even if we shut down L.T. there's no gaurantees we will get off the field on 3rd and Long. I do agree that our offense can pretty much have their way against any D in the league so it should be an interesting matchup though. I would say 51-50 is way farfetched though because if it turns into a shootout both of our offenses know how to slow the game down and take time consuming drives. in the 30's sounds reasonable though
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                  Cromartie will try to stick like glue against Marshall. But who will cover Royal? The rookie Cason? And there is no Merriman. Their starting safety is only in his 2nd year... I see Cutler shooting his lasers all game long. The problem is how our defense will stop LT, Rivers & crew, because our offense has more than enough weapons for this showdown.
                  Quentin Jammer will (try to) cover Royal. He's a pretty good CB, and I'd bet he puts a lot more contact on Royal on the line of scrimmage this week than the Raiders did. Of course, it's all about the O-line. If they can give Jay even half of the time he had against the Raiders, someone wil get open. No defensive backfield can be expected to cover NFL receivers for 5-6-7 seconds.

Which is why the Broncos secondary got smoked so much last year (and could get smoked again this year). If the D-line can't put pressure on the Rivers, he'll also find plenty of open targets. It could go either way.

Plenty of reasons to be optimistic after Monday night, but the lines have to perform on both sides of the ball. If they do against a good team like SD, then we can start being more excited about the potential for this season.

Comment

I just hope we focus on stopping the run, if LT can't be stopped, the chargers can't be stopped.... thus we lose.

Comment

Rivers

I would love to put a tennis ball Rivers in big mouth during the game just to stop his jawing. After the game his new nick name should be Moon River because his face is gonna be planted strait into the turf, so all that Bronco fans will see is his butt in the air. Hmmmm, hard to throw a ball that way.

Comment

I want to make it a point that any NFL defense is going to have trouble with our offense.

If you double team Marshall, then Eddie Royal is going to torch you bad....

If you double team Royal, then Brandon Marshall is going to eat you alive...

and if you double team both of them...

then Brandon Stokley and Tony Scheffler are going to be one on win with a nickel cornerback or linebacker...and that spells trouble for the opposing defense.

Our offense is going to be amazing this season

sigpic

Comment

I was planning to go to the Wembley game this year (in my Broncos gear, naturally) just so I could put up a massive sign saying "Rivers is a Massive W***er (nurrr)". Didn't get tickets though. Heh, if I were close enough to the bench I'd give him some filthy banter. He'd be wondering what he did to deserve being accosted by Broncos fans in another country

Anyways, I feel we're probably going to spread the ball around, especially seeing as Jay will likely have a little less time to throw (I'm interested to see our pass pro vs 3-4). I expect the Chargers to try to shut down Marshall with Cro and jam Royal at the line as that was his biggest weakness coming out of college. TEs and backs will probably be used more on checkdowns and such. Royal may well get the majority of the receptions again if he's working on Jammer and can get throw off press coverage.

We may be able to gash them on the ground though as SD have been suspect there. I'm interested to see whether we come out running or passing in the first 15 plays. Oh, and I love having Lichtensteiger as a motion blocking slotback. I also want to see him running routes. If only for comedy value.
                          sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

I don't think Cromartie is gonna have it that easy...he can surely try to "stick like glue" to Marshall....but it's not going to work...not with Brandon Marshall because he's virtually uncoverable....even the great Cromartie is going to have his hands full on Sunday...and Jammer will most likely line up with Royal...he's more physical than Deangelo Hall but slower....

The only thing to be worried about is that Royal had ZERO catches vs. the most physical CB tandem in preseason (Green Bay: Al Harris, Charles Woodson) So I'd bet the Chargers are going to play a lot of press coverage on Royal to take him outta the game...it remains to be seen if Royal will be able to get passed that press coverage from a physical corner like Jammer

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by muse View Post
                              I also want to see him running routes. If only for comedy value.

Did you see Lichtensteiger in the goal-line package Monday night? He acts as the 3rd TE and threw some great blocks along with Peyton Hillis...which got Pittman in the endzone virtually untouched TWICE!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X