X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncosojia
    replied
    Originally posted by SlyBronco View Post
    This year is anything but over, and I dont think our D is that bad. The Chargers lit it up and showed their talent. I think I feel sorry for the next team that plays the Chargers, who is that?
    LOL, i was thinking the same thing. they play @ the jets on MNF

the chargers are livid after this loss. they're going to demolish the NY "Bretts"

chargers 35 "bretts" 14

Leave a comment:

• silkamilkamonic
    replied
    Right now our pass-run ratio is 57/43.

Considering an overwhelming amount of our runs have come out of shotgun, we certainly do not use play action nearly as much as we used too.

I personally like it. Spread the field with 3-4 WR's and put Cutler back in the shotgun. I could watch that all afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• SlyBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by japfaff View Post
    Yeah... I actually lke that we are evolving our offense out of the 90's....definatly shows that Shanny is adapting. I kinda see it like the pats....used to be all run, now they are all pass (well at least before Brady went down)... I am not saying this is a bad thing, but like everyone it makes you wonder what is going to happen when jay is off
    Thats why we need to establish the running game. We will need it at some point this year.

But you have to remember how young this team is, I think we will get even better as the year progresses on O and on D.

Leave a comment:

• SlyBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos1997 View Post
    lol your just mad cuz you saw kaeding do it and not prater. i was suprised by that, maybe prater pulled something idk.

but what i'm really upset with is what kind of kicker can't even out run an RB
    lol, I was actully supprised by his speed. but that little guy for the Chargers is fast.

Leave a comment:

• SlyBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Geandily View Post
    Norv Turner was going crazy after this game, the chargers are done this year. "Stick a fork in them" - ESPN x500

For a coach to look at an hour long game and for ONE play to be the only thing that he picks out is laughable, they didn't even force the fumble! The Raiders will finish ahead of the Chargers this year, mark my words. They are done.
    This year is anything but over, and I dont think our D is that bad. The Chargers lit it up and showed their talent. I think I feel sorry for the next team that plays the Chargers, who is that?

Leave a comment:

• rainmaker
    replied
    Originally posted by Aija View Post
    I noticed the exact same thing. The guy has not had not one special team tackle and he gets paid starter money. He is horrible. Larsen and Woodyard are busting their asses and look like they appreciate having a job. Niko on the other hand looks like he doesn't want to be out there.
    Woodyard and Larsen are really giving an A plus effort. Woodyard this game and Larsen last. Both have outperformed Niko in both games.

Plus Larsen is my adoptee! He just moved up the depth chart!

Leave a comment:

• Geandily
    replied
    Norv Turner was going crazy after this game, the chargers are done this year. "Stick a fork in them" - ESPN x500

For a coach to look at an hour long game and for ONE play to be the only thing that he picks out is laughable, they didn't even force the fumble! The Raiders will finish ahead of the Chargers this year, mark my words. They are done.

Leave a comment:

• OaklandCali
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverSpark View Post
    Good analysis SLVR. I will take the W with no problem, but our Defense has me worried. Here's to improvement.

Of course! You let us score 14 points! LOL!!!

Leave a comment:

• jhildebrand
    replied
    Originally posted by SLVR and Black View Post
    You're definitely not wrong but keep in mind that I went into the game expecting a lot more out of Cutler than I did from Rivers. And yep, there were a few of Rivers's very short throws that went for long yards but again, he made a few really nice throws with some pretty intense pressure in his face -- I hadn't seen that PR before.
    I agree. I guess Cutler needed to come out and have a big game. As objective as I can be, I think Rivers stock is falling and he has a bit more to show and prove and Cutler's is rising. I do think Cutler benefits in gowing up with his teammates. Rivers came in to a team that was established with Brees. It wasn't until the AFC CG that he won them over!

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by SLVR and Black View Post
    Wow. Two key bad calls by the officials and the Broncos took full advantage of both. Should the Broncos have won the game? I dunno but it doesn't matter, they did and I think that the officiating needs to be seriously evaluated. It's pretty much the same opinion that I had after the Tuck Game -- a team got ripped off but the team who was victimized still wound up giving up the winning score. Like Randy Cross said, the Bolts could have made the calls a non-issue by making a defensive stand. After all, it's not like the Bolts did anything to force Cutler's fumble.

There are a few things that keep coming to mind though:
    - Throughout the game, it seemed like Rivers was the more consistent of the two QB's but, when Cutler had time, he was absolutely deadly. Rivers on the other hand, stood in the pocket and delivered throws, even with people in his face, that I've never seen him make time after time, he really impressed me. The debate continues...
    - For the last drive, the Chargers put zero pressure on Cutler, the D pretty much laid down and let the opposing team walk right down the field and into the end zone...for the second time in two weeks. On the other hand, the Broncos D gave up 38 points, hardly a stellar defensive effort.
    - LT looked really slow. Could be his injury but I'm left wondering if the torch is beginning to be passed, Sproles was a monster.
    - Broncos pass blocking looked pretty darn good for the second week.

There are a lot more but I'll leave it at that for now. Congrats Bronco fans, even though some may say that the Broncos got away with one but again, it was a great game and, in the end, the calls don't matter -- a W is a W.

BTW. Marshall? Damn! You don't get 18 catches just by being lucky.
    an honest and fair post.......

Leave a comment:

• SLVR and Black
    replied
    Originally posted by jhildebrand View Post
    I agree with some of your assessment. You are wrong on the QB's IMHO though! We had 34 first downs! Most passing! Cutler picked them apart from beginning to end.

While Rivers' numbers looked good he had a lot of help. The sproles catch should have been for 20 yards that went 80, the screen to the FB-same thing, and then the long ball to Chambers. Without those and he has some pretty decent numbers at best.
    You're definitely not wrong but keep in mind that I went into the game expecting a lot more out of Cutler than I did from Rivers. And yep, there were a few of Rivers's very short throws that went for long yards but again, he made a few really nice throws with some pretty intense pressure in his face -- I hadn't seen that PR before.

Leave a comment:

• wandlc
    replied
    As to the field goal, Prater is probably doing something that Elam told him, which was to not try to kill the ball every time he kicks a field goal, but to use enough leg to get the job done. Prater has credited this advise with helping him be more accurate.

Leave a comment:

• SLVR and Black
    replied
    Originally posted by boofeyblitz View Post
    It wasn't that the San Diego defense was playing soft on that last drive, it was because they didn't know where to stop us at.
    Yep. My main point there was that the Chargers gave up a game winning drive in the closing minutes of the game for the second straight week.

Leave a comment:

• DenverSpark
    replied
    Good analysis SLVR. I will take the W with no problem, but our Defense has me worried. Here's to improvement.

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Here we go again with this.

We are a balanced attack...and will attack the defense that works. We will TAKE what is given. If that game plan means to pass the ball, we will. If we are running the ball well, I will promise you we will run it into the ground.

Shanahan had Smith, McCaffrey AND Shannon Sharpe on his team, and still chose a nearly 50/50 split.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X