Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What The Broncos Need To Improve On (ESPN)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What The Broncos Need To Improve On (ESPN)

Don't rip me guys...this is according to ESPN...not my personal opinion

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0...o-improve.html

Denver: Run the ball better. Denver didn't have huge problems running the ball and it didn't need to run the ball as Jay Cutler in the Royal sliced up Oakland in the air. But against San Diego, the Broncos need a more balanced offensive attack. Running backs Selvin Young, Andre Hall and Michael Pittman are going to need to establish themselves early in the game. The better the Denver running attack is, the better the Denver passing game will be. This offense can be deadly if the running game clicks early.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

I think we ran the ball pretty good, for the amount of times we ran it.

Young and Hall had very good averages....

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
      I think we ran the ball pretty good, for the amount of times we ran it.

Young and Hall had very good averages....
      I thought so too...Hall averaged 6.1 yards per carry and Young averaged 5.1 yards per carry....I guess they're saying this because they're used to seeing 100 yards per week from a Denver runningback

sigpic

Comment

ESPN is clueless

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
        J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
        R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
          ESPN is clueless
          Of course...did you see their power rankings?

sigpic

Comment

If you add it up we ran the ball 23 times and passed 29. Seems fairly balanced to me. Link to raider-bronco game center if you want to see for yourself.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_i...2008&week=REG1
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
              If you add it up we ran the ball 23 times and passed 29. Seems fairly balanced to me. Link to raider-bronco game center if you want to see for yourself.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_i...2008&week=REG1
              try explaining that to ESPN dude...those people are idiots

sigpic

Comment

i dont really think its a matter of running it better, its a matter of running more
                sigpic

Comment

Why are some people so defensive when they read anything that isn't glowing about the Broncos?

When the game was still a game, the Broncos did NOT run the ball well against Oakland. In the first half, the Broncos average a whopping 2.9 yards per rush. Our most effective runner was actually Eddie Royal as he was the only one over 4 yards per carry (4.5). And that was against one of the worst rushing defenses from last season and who I didn't expect to be much improved.

It was only AFTER we had demoralized their defense that our running game improved.

If we're going to be a top NFL team this year, the Broncos DO need a better running attack than what we showed Monday night. I'm sure Cutler will do fine even if we struggle a bit but we need that balance attack to move to elite status on offense.
                  "You can't take the sky from me..."
                  ------
                  "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by CutlersKilla006 View Post
                    i dont really think its a matter of running it better, its a matter of running more
                    ESPN expects the Broncos to run the ball 30-35 times per game...and I'm not sure that's going to happen very often this season...not with Cutler passing the way he's been.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon View Post
                      Why are some people so defensive when they read anything that isn't glowing about the Broncos?

When the game was still a game, the Broncos did NOT run the ball well against Oakland. In the first half, the Broncos average a whopping 2.9 yards per rush. Our most effective runner was actually Eddie Royal as he was the only one over 4 yards per carry (4.5). And that was against one of the worst rushing defenses from last season and who I didn't expect to be much improved.

It was only AFTER we had demoralized their defense that our running game improved.

If we're going to be a top NFL team this year, the Broncos DO need a better running attack than what we showed Monday night. I'm sure Cutler will do fine even if we struggle a bit but we need that balance attack to move to elite status on offense.
                      Thank you Jav. A wise post... and dead on.

I thought our rushing did NOT look good when the Raiders were still in the game, and THAT is telling considering we will not be blowing teams out of the water like we did the Raiders.

Our Rush defense was also pretty poor in the first drives, and wasn't until the Raiders HAD to start throwing the ball when our rush defense looked better.

But our rushing offense was NOT good against the Raiders until the game was just out of hand.

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                        try explaining that to ESPN dude...those people are idiots
                        yeah.. the same idiots that picked us to win the game against the Chargers?? or... are they only idiots when they say something negative about our team?

Comment

Originally posted by CutlersKilla006 View Post
                          No.. its running better. Quality ALWAYS over quantity.......

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                            yeah.. the same idiots that picked us to win the game against the Chargers?? or... are they only idiots when they say something negative about our team?
                            yeah...the same idiots who, I think, picked Oakland over Denver

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                              No.. its running better. Quality ALWAYS over quantity.......
                              whatever you say Mr. Know-it-all

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X