Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What The Broncos Need To Improve On (ESPN)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think this season we will be setting up the run with the pass. our passing offense is not going to go unnoticed and will put more of a focus on that and allow us to get some long running gains and draw plays
    Don't call it a comeback... we've been doing this for years :salute!: Go Denver!

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
      Maybe.... But the fact is that 70 percent of the plays in the preseason and in week one were passes..... Last time I checked that isnt the efination of a running team... About Ryan Torain...a lot of faith in a guy that was a 5th round pick, and wasn't a highly reguarded talent
      Are you just making these numbers up from what you remember, because they don't fit what actually happened on the field. As Javalon has pointed out, Shanahan will TAKE what is given, but the point is that Shanahan has ALWAYS had roughly a 50/50 split.. even when he had a gret running game in Davis. Cutler is obviously the strong point of this offense, there is no debating that, but the STRENGTH of this offense has always been able to Run AND Pass.

Comment

Originally posted by -denverfan24- View Post
        i think this season we will be setting up the run with the pass. our passing offense is not going to go unnoticed and will put more of a focus on that and allow us to get some long running gains and draw plays
        I think you are exactly right. I think the emergence of Cutler and our receivers are going to allow the running game more room. They will have to plan on us passing to Marshall, Royal, Sheff and teh other as Cutler can whip it anywhere. So the pass is setting up the run.

Comment

You're not the only fan in Tennessee.
          Backing Eric Berry as Broncos #1 Pick 2010

Comment

You guys are forcing it, just like Shanny has been forcing it the last few years. When everyone knows you're trying to "establish" the running game to "open up" the passing game (duh), it's harder to establish. Then you're 2nd, 3rd and long. And it's tough to complete a pass.

Take a breath. We chose to build around a strong, accurate, pure passer (#1 draft pick). Now we've developed a good (possibly great) stable of receivers - the best bunch I've ever seen wearing Bronco colors (maybe better than Rod, Mac and Shannon), then we start re-building an O-line, with a #1 LT draft pick (LT is primarily a pass-blocking position) . . . NOW WE'RE EXPECTED TO RUN THE DANG BALL !! - until the opposition is "softened up" so we can pass??

Wise up. We are entering the New England, Indy attack model for advancing the ball. Pass first, run second. The pass opens up the run just as it can the other way around. Our strength is the Pass. Strength opens up the part of your game that isn't as strong. Hello.

PS. Against the Raiders, we got yards, but we really didn't attack with the run (when the game was competitive.) However, hooray for pounding it into the end zone in the red zone.

Comment

Working...
            X