X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broncofanatik
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    After opening that can of whoopass on Oakland, it's easy to feel overly confident. As you pointed out, this game won't be as easy but with the injury bug hitting the Chargers, I do feel confident we will pull the W.
    As fans we have the luxury of being over-confident! I believe the team will not ans they probabley were reminded of the score last year every practice this week. Even if we give up a lot of points, I see us going downfield all day long. We will pass more than run in this game I think.

Also if both teams score less than 30 points I will be shocked.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoManiac_69
    replied
    After opening that can of whoopass on Oakland, it's easy to feel overly confident. As you pointed out, this game won't be as easy but with the injury bug hitting the Chargers, I do feel confident we will pull the W.

Leave a comment:

• HidEmu
    replied
    Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    I know it will be a harder game then the raiders but I have ALOT of confidence this week.

We are on a high and get marshall back, 1st game at home with a GREAT home opener record. They are banges up and did not look that impressive against carolina at home.

I think with cutler and the weapons we have they could be on the backfoot all night as well.

2 keys to the game.

Run the ball well early and it opens EVERYTHING up (including the bootleg)

Stop the running game, River and there passing game does'nt scare me but we CANNOT let tomlinson or sproles have big games

If you're going to the game then follow Dooms advice - GET LOUD!!!!!

I do not have alot of confidence going into this game, its easy to beat up on the raiders. The Chargers and LT are whole different monster. I dont think our run defense is very good at all. I didnt see anything in the raiders game that made me think we could stop LT. Hopefully Jay can put up enough points to keep us in the game and we can get a big stop when it matters.

Leave a comment:

• IDI I3R0NC0 IBI
    replied
    You guys are right in point out our o-line. It makes you feel good when then say your quarterback has enough time to order a pizza. Now don't quote me but was it Mike Ditka who said that or am I quoting one of the forum posters.

Overall, I am confident in our team as well. Remember guys we got blown out by the lions 2. Does that mean if we play them should we be worried. No I wouldn't be. Not that I'm saying we shouldn't worry about the Chargers, but we shouldn't worry as much as we are. Juss my take

Leave a comment:

• improv
    replied
    Originally posted by MJCOSTEL View Post
    Our running will not win the game. Start with the passing game and being successful there will open up the running game. If we stubbornly try to establish the running game at the cost of a couple of failed drives, we will be in trouble. Come out with guns blazing.
    I think I agree with this.

We need to stick to our strengths and I think our Passing is betting than our Rushing, so come out through the air, then when that has done some damage the run will open up for the guys in the backfield... we DO NOT want to struggle early and go down by 2 TD's, we could be in real trouble then.

Overall I am fairly confident going into Sundays game, before the season I didnt give us much hope, but now I think it will be close, I hope we can edge by 3... maybe a Prater last second kick ala Elam

Leave a comment:

• Breakaway23
    replied
    It's going to be a lot different this time with a re-tooled offensive line that was clearly better, and another true wideout in Royal to compliment Marshall to open up the passing game.

The defense is only marginally better, and special teams coverage still concerns me.

I don't expect a blow-out this time around, but, a closer game for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Javalon
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveTheCaliBroncoFan View Post
    Hello everyone. First post on Broncoscountry. Umm, I am pretty confident going into this weekends game with the Chargers. I liked what I saw in our offense and defense against the hated Raiders. I don't care how bad a team may be, when there is a heated rivalry game all stats and records are thrown to the side. The Raiders and Broncos HATE each other, and to go into the "Black Hole" and absolutely embarrass that team is a big deal. I guarantee that nobody in the AFC West will play that well in Oakland this season. We had our rookie wide receiver, in his first NFL game, TORCH an NFL All-Pro (Hall). Cutler was hardly touched, thanks to the young and improved O-line and the Raiders offense was running for their lives the entire night. I am not going to sit here and say that, after one win, we are a superbowl favorite, but I will say that we can play with anyone and have a strong chance at making a push in the playoffs.
    With all that said, I believe that the Broncos will be too much for a banged up Chargers team, minus their best defensive player (Merriman).
    First off, welcome to the boards!

I'm glad you're confident about the Broncos. You mentioned how Cutler hardly got touched against the Raiders. While true, we do need to keep in mind that the Raiders hardly blitzed, for some reason, and I'm not sure if they ever rushed more than 5 guys during that game. I expect the Chargers to test our line a lot more with more complex and more regular blitzing. If our line can hold up to that, it will be a fantastic sign for the rest of the season.

Leave a comment:

• DaveTheCaliBroncoFan
    replied
    Hello everyone. First post on Broncoscountry. Umm, I am pretty confident going into this weekends game with the Chargers. I liked what I saw in our offense and defense against the hated Raiders. I don't care how bad a team may be, when there is a heated rivalry game all stats and records are thrown to the side. The Raiders and Broncos HATE each other, and to go into the "Black Hole" and absolutely embarrass that team is a big deal. I guarantee that nobody in the AFC West will play that well in Oakland this season. We had our rookie wide receiver, in his first NFL game, TORCH an NFL All-Pro (Hall). Cutler was hardly touched, thanks to the young and improved O-line and the Raiders offense was running for their lives the entire night. I am not going to sit here and say that, after one win, we are a superbowl favorite, but I will say that we can play with anyone and have a strong chance at making a push in the playoffs.
    With all that said, I believe that the Broncos will be too much for a banged up Chargers team, minus their best defensive player (Merriman).

Leave a comment:

• MJCOSTEL
    replied
    Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post

2 keys to the game.

Run the ball well early and it opens EVERYTHING up (including the bootleg)

Stop the running game, River and there passing game does'nt scare me but we CANNOT let tomlinson or sproles have big games

Our running will not win the game. Start with the passing game and being successful there will open up the running game. If we stubbornly try to establish the running game at the cost of a couple of failed drives, we will be in trouble. Come out with guns blazing.

Leave a comment:

• KWHIT97
    replied
    I am extremely confident, we will win by 10+, mark my words!

Leave a comment:

• Fat Joe
    replied
    Originally posted by Javalon View Post
    "Majorly" confident? Not me. Not yet.

But if we look good and win against the Chargers, I'll BECOME majorly confident going forward. In my opinion, and considering how they've owned us the past couple seasons, the Chargers are a perfect measuring stick for how far our team has come.

Until we beat them, however, I'll still have some doubts about our team.
    I agree with this almost 100%. I totally agree they are the perfect team to size ourselves up against and see if we really closed the gap or if the Raiders just opened it up that much more since last year.

I have alot of confidence in this teams ability, but Im not overly confident about it. I mean, they have weapons too, and as much as we hate Rivers he's beat us to the tune of 7 TDs and only 2 INTs in 4 games vs. us. LT will be a problem, but I think its going to come down to 3rd down in this game, that will be the major stat at the end. If we can get them off, we have a huge chance, but last year our problem wasnt 1st and 2nd down, it was 3rd. I mean c'mon, they had like a 3rd and 20-something against last year and they converted it to Vincent Jackson. They just killed us moving the chains. The defense I feel will give up yards and a couple scores, but I think the offense will put them in a hole. B Marsh is gonna make whoever lines up on him his *****.

Leave a comment:

• DoJo Chargerfan
    replied
    you guys are coming off of a game that you were expected to win and won by a blowout. We lost a game we were expected to win. It's a divisional game. Practice is probably very intense on both sides. Good luck Sunday

Leave a comment:

• Aija
    replied
    I am. As long as we keep Antonio Gates in check we'll be ok. Plus I don't see how they are going to stop the three headed monster RB's and Marshall, Royal, Stokely & Scheffler.

Leave a comment:

• Hardcore Bronco Babe
    replied
    I wouldn't say majorly confident, I'd say very optimistic. With Brandon Marshall back this week and having Eddie Royal and Brandon Stokley on the other side is going to be alot of fun to watch. It is about time we saw the five reciever set again.

Leave a comment:

• rogue719
    replied
    No.

Even banged up they still have plenty of weapons and Rivers is throwing well. They will still have a much better defense than the Raiders.

I see nothing to be majorly confident about yet.

I DO however see plenty to be optimistic about.

Return of Marshall
    No injuries of consequence last week
    Ability to run with our three headed monster in the backfield.
    Emergence of Eddie Royal as an alternative when Marshall is double-teamed.
    Better run defense than last year (note I didn't say "GOOD" run defense yet)

Things that cause me to not be confident yet

Lack of pass rush. The only one getting into the opposing backfield consistently is Doom.
    Paymah still giving up the underneath stuff. A good West Coast Offense will dink and dunk us to death
    Still not as tough against the rush. We gave up 150 yards on the ground last week.

Hopefully we improve in those areas and do well on Sunday.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X