Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turning point in Cutler's career........

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Turning point in Cutler's career........

    was last year against the chargers, when Rivers and his teammates blatantly taunted Cutler when they beat us last year. The way he turned around and ran off the field. I saw it in his eyes that he was determined to get better, and now his offseason preparation is paying off.
    Go Hard or Go Home

  • #2
    Originally posted by BR0NCOFANATIC View Post
    was last year against the chargers, when Rivers and his teammates blatantly taunted Cutler when they beat us last year. The way he turned around and ran off the field. I saw it in his eyes that he was determined to get better, and now his offseason preparation is paying off.
    Sorry.. but that orange highlight makes him look like a baby.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
      Sorry.. but that orange highlight makes him look like a baby.
      Nah he just looks pissed. I think even if he goes out and throws an int or two, he will make up for it with 3 or 4 TDs. He is determined to win this one.

      Comment


      • #4
        i actually think that this will be the turning point.

        this is the game he NEEDS to show and prove.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by BR0NCOFANATIC View Post
          was last year against the chargers, when Rivers and his teammates blatantly taunted Cutler when they beat us last year. The way he turned around and ran off the field. I saw it in his eyes that he was determined to get better, and now his offseason preparation is paying off.

          Actually, I think the turning point was this past offseason when his diabetes was diagnosed. ...As scary as Jay was to opposing teams last year, I feel he's going to play 10 times as well for us this year. It'd be naive to assume that all games will be as pass-happy as the last one against Oakland, but just think - project his passing yardage, and you end up with close to 5000 yards for the season. Plus, he is making smart decisions and the O-line has so far been doing a great job of affording him the protection he needs. I am excited about our chances this year - to put it mildly!


          sigpic
          They're your teammates, now.
          Best of luck, TT!
          ...Always a class act - in any uniform.



          sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

          Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by sbutk View Post
            Actually, I think the turning point was this past offseason when his diabetes was diagnosed. ...As scary as Jay was to opposing teams last year, I feel he's going to play 10 times as well for us this year. It'd be naive to assume that all games will be as pass-happy as the last one against Oakland, but just think - project his passing yardage, and you end up with close to 5000 yards for the season. Plus, he is making smart decisions and the O-line has so far been doing a great job of affording him the protection he needs. I am excited about our chances this year - to put it mildly!


            Remember, it's just one game against one of the league's worst teams. I'd be worried if we hadn't completely dismantled them but still won the game. Remember last year's last second win?

            Yes this game was emotionally satisfying and very enjoyable to watch but don't go predicting things based off of it. We've got tougher competition to face in the future. San Diego and New England should be our toughest games before the bye in week 8. I'll feel much more confident if we beat San Diego by at least 14.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by in.the.game View Post
              i actually think that this will be the turning point.

              this is the game he NEEDS to show and prove.
              Definitely, I think if he does well i think that in everybody around the NFL's mind they will know hes a top 5 QB

              Comment


              • #8
                It would be awesome to see Cutler and Rivers meet up at the middle of the field and go at like Patrick Roy and the Detroit goalie (Osgood was it?)!!

                It will never happen obviously, but a guy can dream!

                Comment


                • #9
                  The TRUE TURNING POINT for Jay Cutler in his NFL career was when he was drafted by Mike Shanahan after playing for Vanderbilt.
                  As the great divide in America continues we are causing harm to our future generations by avoiding what needs to be done.

                  More people recognize Britney Spears than Dick Cheney.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                    It would be awesome to see Cutler and Rivers meet up at the middle of the field and go at like Patrick Roy and the Detroit goalie (Osgood was it?)!!

                    It will never happen obviously, but a guy can dream!
                    dude i dream stuff like that will happen, think how sick that would be.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                      It would be awesome to see Cutler and Rivers meet up at the middle of the field and go at like Patrick Roy and the Detroit goalie (Osgood was it?)!!

                      It will never happen obviously, but a guy can dream!
                      I think both Mike Vernon and Chris Osgood kicked the sh*t out of Roy. Ahh the glory of those fights.

                      At the risk of being kicked off these boards, I love the Red Wings almost as much as the Broncos. I'm from Michigan. What can I say.

                      And yes, the Lions blow. But I cheer for them all the same, and curse them by the third.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                        It would be awesome to see Cutler and Rivers meet up at the middle of the field and go at like Patrick Roy and the Detroit goalie (Osgood was it?)!!

                        It will never happen obviously, but a guy can dream!
                        I would be delighted for Jay to "miss" a pass along the charger sideline and "accidentally" hit Rivers in the face with a bullet!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TheGlue Factory View Post
                          Remember, it's just one game against one of the league's worst teams. I'd be worried if we hadn't completely dismantled them but still won the game. Remember last year's last second win?

                          Yes this game was emotionally satisfying and very enjoyable to watch but don't go predicting things based off of it. We've got tougher competition to face in the future. San Diego and New England should be our toughest games before the bye in week 8. I'll feel much more confident if we beat San Diego by at least 14.


                          Thanks, Glue, for trying to take the wind out of my sails.

                          ...But we have now played 50% of our regular season minutes against those vaunted Chargers that you mentioned, and I didn't exactly see Jay's production fall off very much. Did anybody else?





                          (Granted, Cutler probably lost us the game - TWICE - luckily Mr. Hochuli was gracious enough to give it back to us. In case you haven't noticed, this W still isn't sitting very well with me. )
                          Last edited by sbutk; 09-14-2008, 08:47 PM.
                          sigpic
                          They're your teammates, now.
                          Best of luck, TT!
                          ...Always a class act - in any uniform.



                          sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

                          Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by sbutk View Post
                            (Granted, Cutler probably lost us the game - TWICE - luckily Mr. Hochuli was gracious enough to give it back to us. In case you haven't noticed, this W still isn't sitting very well with me. )
                            Cutler being the QB will have many more chances than any other player on this team to make mistakes and possible lose us a game. It is what he does after those mistakes that will make him a true Great!! Like I don't know, maybe lead his team right back down the field and score a TD and then the game winning 2 pointer. That is what a true great would have done, and that is what he did. You think Griese or Plummer would have done that? Nope I didn't think so.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Bronco Texan View Post
                              Cutler being the QB will have many more chances than any other player on this team to make mistakes and possible lose us a game. It is what he does after those mistakes that will make him a true Great!! Like I don't know, maybe lead his team right back down the field and score a TD and then the game winning 2 pointer. That is what a true great would have done, and that is what he did. You think Griese or Plummer would have done that? Nope I didn't think so.
                              I think Cutler still has a way to go.

                              He may have responded well after those two mistakes, but he also got help from two bad calls and had we lost, it would have been half on his shoulders (the other half falling on the defense).

                              So whereas I obviously think Cutler is a great quarterback and will only get better, he still has a long way to go to even get to that elite status.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X