Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turning point in Cutler's career........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaimo88
    replied
    He's taking us all the way this year, this IS the BRONCOS YEAR TO SHINE BABY!!

Leave a comment:

• BroncoKazuki
    replied
    Originally posted by sbutk View Post
    Actually, Engleberger had a sack today.

i wouldnt call that a sack though, Rivers ran forward because he was pushed back into his endzone, it was a run down for a loss not a true sack.

If Engleberger actually sacked we would have a safety but thats just my 2 cents

Leave a comment:

• Bigplayshay84
    replied

yeah. a coverage sack. Rivers was chilling in his own endzone ALLLL DAY. he pulled it down to RUN. He happened to get caught from behind.

Leave a comment:

• sbutk
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoKazuki View Post
    Still Shanny needs to give Jay a good Defense our D-line could not get a sac to save their lives.

Leave a comment:

• sbutk
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco Texan View Post
    Cutler being the QB will have many more chances than any other player on this team to make mistakes and possible lose us a game. It is what he does after those mistakes that will make him a true Great!! Like I don't know, maybe lead his team right back down the field and score a TD and then the game winning 2 pointer. That is what a true great would have done, and that is what he did. You think Griese or Plummer would have done that? Nope I didn't think so.

You are very much correct in that. I still think Jay is the real deal, and ought to be commended for coming back and not missing a beat after those "lapses in judgement."

Leave a comment:

• SarahKay14
    replied
    GOOD WIN! And Cutler had a great game over all.. although he still needs to grow a bit more.. there was no reason for that INT in the endzone..

Great to see him win against the DOLTS and "Shivers"! haha

Leave a comment:

• BroncoKazuki
    replied
    Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
    You could just see how badly Cutler wanted to win this game... He wanted it so bad that, for the first time, I saw him pressed under the weight of the moment.

TWICE on the goalline he dropped the ball, and then that INT.

He had a great game... those were the only mistakes of the game and they came right when Cutler was about to reach the mountain top (so to speak).

We k ow he's cool under pressure, but he understood the gravity of this situation... of this game... what it means to be 2-0 (or 1-1), and how the landscape of the AFC West changes.

I don't view his "hiccups" as choking, but more like trying to hard... rushing the moment.

We saw when Cutler was given another life... He collected himself and slowed the game down and made TWO great throws to Royal.

IS this the turning point? IDK... That game against CLE, even though the lost, was big to prove he could drive the team and comeback.

I do think, had he lost... This "monkey" would become a problem. He would have to hear about NOT being able to beat SD, and maybe that snowballs for a few years?

RIVERS looked stunned... shocked after the game...

Maybe this is a turning point? Maybe not? Cutler is Mr.Cool regardless... only THIS SD team seems under his skin... NOW, he knows he can beat them... I bet you'll be pressed to see Cutler rush himself, seem tense, when the big moment arrives again!
    I think your right, now that he knows he can beat the chargers now he'll play a better game when he goes to their house. He already knows he can beat OAK and KC it was just SD that was a huge question mark. I think right now he knows that he can beat them and that will go far into settling down and actually playing better then he did today.

Still Shanny needs to give Jay a good Defense our D-line could not get a sac to save their lives.

Leave a comment:

• stargazer
    replied
    Originally posted by in.the.game View Post
    i actually think that this will be the turning point.
    This game is one of those turning points. Scoring 31 points in the 1st half. To doing absolutely nothing in the 2nd half. After that INT in the endzone(oh my), which led to the Chargers going up by 7(38-31). His fumble, which turned to be incomplete. His eyes & facial expression on the 3rd & 4th & goal(he's still a young QB folks). To throwing that 2 point conversion.

The guy is on his way to being a superstar in this league. But, this game had it all. From the highest of high to the lowest of lows for our young QB. Keyword: young. He's getting there everyone. He's getting there.

Leave a comment:

• fraguela09
    replied
    You could just see how badly Cutler wanted to win this game... He wanted it so bad that, for the first time, I saw him pressed under the weight of the moment.

TWICE on the goalline he dropped the ball, and then that INT.

He had a great game... those were the only mistakes of the game and they came right when Cutler was about to reach the mountain top (so to speak).

We k ow he's cool under pressure, but he understood the gravity of this situation... of this game... what it means to be 2-0 (or 1-1), and how the landscape of the AFC West changes.

I don't view his "hiccups" as choking, but more like trying to hard... rushing the moment.

We saw when Cutler was given another life... He collected himself and slowed the game down and made TWO great throws to Royal.

IS this the turning point? IDK... That game against CLE, even though the lost, was big to prove he could drive the team and comeback.

I do think, had he lost... This "monkey" would become a problem. He would have to hear about NOT being able to beat SD, and maybe that snowballs for a few years?

RIVERS looked stunned... shocked after the game...

Maybe this is a turning point? Maybe not? Cutler is Mr.Cool regardless... only THIS SD team seems under his skin... NOW, he knows he can beat them... I bet you'll be pressed to see Cutler rush himself, seem tense, when the big moment arrives again!

Leave a comment:

• mojo0730
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco Texan View Post
    Cutler being the QB will have many more chances than any other player on this team to make mistakes and possible lose us a game. It is what he does after those mistakes that will make him a true Great!! Like I don't know, maybe lead his team right back down the field and score a TD and then the game winning 2 pointer. That is what a true great would have done, and that is what he did. You think Griese or Plummer would have done that? Nope I didn't think so.
    I think Cutler still has a way to go.

He may have responded well after those two mistakes, but he also got help from two bad calls and had we lost, it would have been half on his shoulders (the other half falling on the defense).

So whereas I obviously think Cutler is a great quarterback and will only get better, he still has a long way to go to even get to that elite status.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco Texan
    replied
    (Granted, Cutler probably lost us the game - TWICE - luckily Mr. Hochuli was gracious enough to give it back to us. In case you haven't noticed, this W still isn't sitting very well with me. )

Leave a comment:

• sbutk
    replied
    Originally posted by TheGlue Factory View Post
    Remember, it's just one game against one of the league's worst teams. I'd be worried if we hadn't completely dismantled them but still won the game. Remember last year's last second win?

Yes this game was emotionally satisfying and very enjoyable to watch but don't go predicting things based off of it. We've got tougher competition to face in the future. San Diego and New England should be our toughest games before the bye in week 8. I'll feel much more confident if we beat San Diego by at least 14.

Thanks, Glue, for trying to take the wind out of my sails.

...But we have now played 50% of our regular season minutes against those vaunted Chargers that you mentioned, and I didn't exactly see Jay's production fall off very much. Did anybody else?

(Granted, Cutler probably lost us the game - TWICE - luckily Mr. Hochuli was gracious enough to give it back to us. In case you haven't noticed, this W still isn't sitting very well with me. )
    Last edited by sbutk; 09-14-2008, 09:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco_Hyde
    replied
    Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
    It would be awesome to see Cutler and Rivers meet up at the middle of the field and go at like Patrick Roy and the Detroit goalie (Osgood was it?)!!

It will never happen obviously, but a guy can dream!
    I would be delighted for Jay to "miss" a pass along the charger sideline and "accidentally" hit Rivers in the face with a bullet!

Leave a comment:

• Shutdown
    replied
    It would be awesome to see Cutler and Rivers meet up at the middle of the field and go at like Patrick Roy and the Detroit goalie (Osgood was it?)!!

I think both Mike Vernon and Chris Osgood kicked the sh*t out of Roy. Ahh the glory of those fights.

At the risk of being kicked off these boards, I love the Red Wings almost as much as the Broncos. I'm from Michigan. What can I say.

And yes, the Lions blow. But I cheer for them all the same, and curse them by the third.

Leave a comment:

• yarg27
    replied

dude i dream stuff like that will happen, think how sick that would be.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X