• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal wins Diet Pepsi Rookie of the week

Hey it's official. Hopefully he can keep it up and win rookie of the year

Royal named Week 1 Diet Pepsi Rookie of the Week
    National Football League

Voters on NFL.com and via Sprint wireless service have made their choice. Broncos receiver Eddie Royal is the Diet Pepsi Rookie of the Week for games played on Sept. 4-8.

Royal had nine catches for 146 yards and one touchdown in the Broncos' 41-14 win over the Oakland Raiders. Royal also rushed for nine yards, recovered a fumble and returned three kicks for 30 yards to help secure the Broncos' win.

Royal was selected from among five finalists through fan votes on NFL.com/rookies and via Sprint wireless service. The other finalists were quarterback Joe Flacco of the Baltimore Ravens, running back Matt Forte of the Chicago Bears, running back Chris Johnson of the Tennessee Titans and quarterback Matt Ryan of the Atlanta Falcons.

After the regular season, five players will be nominated for Diet Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Year honors. Fans can vote for the winner on NFL.com/rookies and via Sprint wireless service throughout the month of January. The winner will be announced at a press conference at Super Bowl XLIII in Tampa Bay.
    sigpic

congrats to the kid...

hope to see a lot more greatness from dude

Comment

yes, yes, yes. thanks for the update. I am so happy, I love when broncos get recognition and awards. LETS GO BRONCOS!!!!

Comment

A more than deserved win
        sigpic

Comment

Congrats Eddie!!!
          sigpic

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

Comment

Good For Eddie!!

Well deserved.

Gotta linky?
            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

http://www.nfl.com/partner/story;jse...erType=rookies
              sigpic

Comment

Gonna go drink me a Diet Pepsi on his behalf.
                Thanks, Reid!
                sigpic
                Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Kudos to Eddie.

Its well deserved to say the least.

Comment

Congrats to Eddie!!

I do think its funny that it said he had a fumble recovery, I mean he was the one who fumbled the ball and all lol
                    sigpic

Comment

yeah but the fumble was as he was running by the defender. He did do a phenominal job to get back and jump on the ball before raiders could. Most rookies would try to pick it up and run
                      sigpic

Comment

If shanahan gets the ball to Royal at least 8-10 times per game...then there is a very good chance Royal could be rookie of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by RIP#27#29 View Post
                          If shanahan gets the ball to Royal at least 8-10 times per game...then there is a very good chance Royal could be rookie of the year.
                          The problem is... What will happen to Marshall? Right at this point Marshall is saying he could not ask for a fellow WR and stuff... But if Royal starts getting 6+ balls per game, we don't know how Marshall will handle the situation because his stats will probably decline.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well deserved...

cheers....for many more of those to come this year

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                              The problem is... What will happen to Marshall? Right at this point Marshall is saying he could not ask for a fellow WR and stuff... But if Royal starts getting 6+ balls per game, we don't know how Marshall will handle the situation because his stats will probably decline.

well that's why we have to hope shanny becomes a genius again and the offense becomes unstoppable. I like the sound of 9 balls to marshal and 7-8 to royal. 5 or so too stokely and tight ends. and about 20-25 runs plays a game. Sounds like a very good system with everyone happy
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X