Royal wins Diet Pepsi Rookie of the week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    The problem is... What will happen to Marshall? Right at this point Marshall is saying he could not ask for a fellow WR and stuff... But if Royal starts getting 6+ balls per game, we don't know how Marshall will handle the situation because his stats will probably decline.
    I guarantee that Marshall will get more catches and yards than Eddie Royal. Maybe at first Eddie will be having some huge games, but once teams notice that they need to double cover Royal, Marshall will be free again to annihilate any DB lined up with him

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
      I guarantee that Marshall will get more catches and yards than Eddie Royal. Maybe at first Eddie will be having some huge games, but once teams notice that they need to double cover Royal, Marshall will be free again to annihilate any DB lined up with him
      I'm not even sure if you can stop Marshall with a double team. Just have him run some short routes and get the ball to him on a 3 step drop and let him break some tackles. He is without a doubt the best receiver at breaking tackles. Just get him the ball and he can make stuff happen (71 yard TD, 3 broken tackles against Seattle in 06)

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
        I'm not even sure if you can stop Marshall with a double team. Just have him run some short routes and get the ball to him on a 3 step drop and let him break some tackles. He is without a doubt the best receiver at breaking tackles. Just get him the ball and he can make stuff happen (71 yard TD, 3 broken tackles against Seattle in 06)
        yup your right...you wanna know why this offense will be potent?

If you double cover Marshall, Royal is gonna burn you

If you double cover Royal, Marshall will eat you alive

and if you double cover both...Stokley and Scheffler are going to be wide open all game long
        not to mention we'll be able to run the ball with them focusing on our two receivers

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Man this team is going to be so nasty once we get the defense in order. Not many teams have as many weapons as we do. The only other teams I can think of are Indy, (previous) Cincy and Detroit (-tight ends)

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post

and if you double cover both...Stokley and Scheffler are going to be wide open all game long
            not to mention we'll be able to run the ball with them focusing on our two receivers
            That's the way I think everyone hpoes it goes. If that happens our RB's should be taking our receivers out to dinner after each game to thank them.
            Congrats Eddie. Well earned!

Comment

Congrats to Eddie! Hopefully he can do that for as many weeks as possible.

Eddie RookieOftheYearAL

Comment

Amen, and this is exactly how it will happen on Sunday. Plus, they will be so back on their heels with the air attack, we'll get 180 yards rushing.

Comment

You Da Man

Way to go Eddie ....Jay,Eddie and Brandon ...Look out Faiders

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
                    Gonna go drink me a Diet Pepsi on his behalf.
                    Ewww....

Originally posted by CutlersKilla006 View Post
                    Congrats to Eddie!!

I do think its funny that it said he had a fumble recovery, I mean he was the one who fumbled the ball and all lol
                    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. If recovering fumbles, even your own, will help you win awards, why not intentionally fumble once a game when it's safe and the jump right back on it?

I was curious to see that Desean Jackson didn't get nominated. Even though Royal obviously had the better day as a receiver, Jackson did return 8 punts with a 12 yard average (and one was 60 yards).

Oh well, I would still think that Royal would have won.
                    "You can't take the sky from me..."
                    ------
                    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

YES! and since Tulowitski got robbed by M.L.B. last season maybe Eddie can soothe the the pain with a rookie of the year title.
                      I really like Cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Orale Holmes View Post

Eddie RookieOftheYearAL
                        Haha, that's so true.

We have so many weapons it's not even funny. Three of our top 4 receivers have 1,000 yard seasons to their name and then there's Eddie. We have three decent pass catching TEs (we should see more routes from Danny G if the OL keeps on doing what they're doing) and all our backs can catch the ball. It was one of Hillis' strengths out of college, Young caught 35 balls last year and Pittman has had 6 seasons with more than 40 catches (73 in 2000...I have to say, I kinda feel sorry for Jake when his RB was his best friend in the passing game). It reminds me of *that* Colts team. We've not got a proven Edge calibre RB yet but that remains to be seen. I remember in 2004 they just overloaded our D - even when we had Harrison, Wayne, Stokley, Clark and Edge covered up Peyton casually slung it out to their FB. That just wasn't fair.
                        sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Congrats to him.

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                            Hey it's official. Hopefully he can keep it up and win rookie of the year

Royal named Week 1 Diet Pepsi Rookie of the Week
                            National Football League
                            Eddie Royal reminds me of a Marvin Harrison. He runs crisp routes and simply schooled DeAngello Hall last week. With Brandon Marshall on the opposite side, our passing game will be almost impossible to stop.

Great job Eddie! Keep it going.
                            Denver Broncos All-Time Team
                            Do you know who were the Greatest Denver Broncos players of all-time?
                            Know the Denver Broncos Team History

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                              yeah but the fumble was as he was running by the defender. He did do a phenominal job to get back and jump on the ball before raiders could. Most rookies would try to pick it up and run
                              Eddie Royal is a smart receiver! Didn't he also throw a pass!
                              Haze gray and underway!

Comment

Originally posted by antipas View Post
                                Eddie Royal is a smart receiver! Didn't he also throw a pass!
                                Yeah but his passer rating is terrible.
                                "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X