Our Blitz Packages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Blitz Packages?

Is it just me or were our blitzes so plain and predictable?

They looked better scheme wise in the preseason.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

What do you guys think about our funny-looking/slow-developing blitzes?

Looks like Slowik hasnt learned from the poor defenses he had in the past.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

I like the three linebackers in tight . Then when the ball is snapped they all haul ass leaving the middle wide open.
      Those Indians could prove troublesome...General George Armstrong Custer

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Wade View Post
        I like the three linebackers in tight . Then when the ball is snapped they all haul ass leaving the middle wide open.
        On the blitzes, it looked like 1 LB blitzed in a circular motion from the weakside and the other 2 LB's ran to the strongside. Its bizarre lookin and highly ineffective.

I heard Slowik's defense gave up 5 TD's in 1 half when he was in GB but damn

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava View Post
          What do you guys think about our funny-looking/slow-developing blitzes?

Looks like Slowik hasnt learned from the poor defenses he had in the past.
          I also am not impressed, but I figure Slowik is stuck with the folks we have now. I also think when we make Moss a game day inactive, because we are targeting stopping the run with our personnel, we give up the possibility of getting heat on the QB with 4 D linemen. I'm not certain we would be getting additional pressure w/ Moss in there, but it's becoming clear to me that we haven't been able to do it with 4 D linemen, or 3 D linemen and a LB/Safety/Cb, thus far, w/o Moss. If we continue to get a big lead on teams in the first half, we are going to have to expect them to change their strategy and throw a lot more in the second half. If Moss is our second best pass rusher (not saying he is, but *IF* he is), then we need him on the field in the second half of these games to help put heat on the QB. The only other opportunity I see is for Slowik to start bringing 4 DL and 1 LB/S/CB or 3 DL and 2 LBs on passing plays. Not a great scenario, but we are getting too many open receivers on too many plays. Only other scenario I see is if J.Williams gets more time and starts to shut down the 3rd WR for the opposing team and we start to see coverage sacks.

Thots?

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava View Post
            Is it just me or were our blitzes so plain and predictable?

They looked better scheme wise in the preseason.
            Blitz.........what's a Blitz In all seriousness we need some major help on the DL as we have in the past oh I don't know 10 YEARS!!!
            Proud Member of the Legion of Doom Beadlemania Team Tebow

Comment

yeah i really didnt notice too many blitzes or exotic stuff but when i did they were mostly ineffective because there was a guy to block them and our guys always seem to go heads up with who is in front of them, never trying to confuse them, and we clearly are a finesse DL so you need to gain an advantage somehow

maybe im just used to watching the bears but they stunt, drop DE into the flat bring up 3 backer and not blitz any on some play or blitz 1,2,3 they are unpredictable

i wish we could look anything like the bears D, i always notice that when they tackle somebody its hardly ever solo, it seems that by the end of the play the whole D is over there piling on the guy, us we may have 2-3 guys helping out if were lucky
              sigpic
              -------

Comment

It seems to me that Thomas and Robertson are getting some penetration, but the D is not reaching the QB at all.

I do think Thomas is someone we want on the line, but I haven't seen the huge difference I was hoping we'd see with Robertson.

If the D is going to get burned anyways, why not bring the house and hope to make somethig happen?

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                  It seems to me that Thomas and Robertson are getting some penetration, but the D is not reaching the QB at all.

I do think Thomas is someone we want on the line, but I haven't seen the huge difference I was hoping we'd see with Robertson.

If the D is going to get burned anyways, why not bring the house and hope to make somethig happen?
                  Because you can't COUNT on them (theoretically) missing their angles and tackles and getting burned. But if you bring the house you leave NO one to make a play.

Manning and Brady (as examples) had QB ratings near Perfect when being blitzed. The blitz is an advantage to the QB. QBs LOVE blitzes when they are good enough to read them and spot them.

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post

i do remember watching this game and i think robertson was being double most of the time and still held his ground quite nicely, if thats all he does i would be happy, then its up to the others who are only taking 1 blocker to make things happen
                    sigpic
                    -------

Comment

I wish we would use the '05 punt rush formation again...

Comment

Question: what is this "blitz" you keep alluding to???
                        -Bob Slowik
                        sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud13 View Post
                          I wish we would use the '05 punt rush formation again...
                          Thats what we need, or something similar.

Just line up like a punt rush, then drop em back....I'm sure Rivers would have thrown at least one incompletion on 3rd down, he was torturing us on 3rd down(mostly on Paymah's side)

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

For the most part, I liked Coyer's schemes and playcalling. What I didn't like was his unwavering faith in the prevent D. The Man Show-Blitz really suited our team I think. In at least the first two quarters we kept the opponents guessing and guessing and on their heels. We completely destroyed Tom Brady when we played the Pats in 05 and 06 because he was never sure when we were going to smash him. And when you have ballhawks in the secondary, it makes that style of bend-don't-break very effective.

However, I did think it was time to give Larry the boot. His inability to change his gameplan proved fatal on several occasions. I was never an advocate for Slo, given his DC track record (fantastic DBs coach though). His schemes so far have sometimes left me facepalming because he telegraphs his blitzes. We need to be more wily, crafty etc. Don't send the house every time you show blitz. There are few QBs in the league who are immune to mind-f***ing...Coyer proved to be pretty adept at it. Slo really needs to do the same if our D is going to be effective and create turnovers.
                            sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                              Because you can't COUNT on them (theoretically) missing their angles and tackles and getting burned. But if you bring the house you leave NO one to make a play.

Manning and Brady (as examples) had QB ratings near Perfect when being blitzed. The blitz is an advantage to the QB. QBs LOVE blitzes when they are good enough to read them and spot them.
                              Oh I definately agree that it is a very risky thing to do, especially against a good veteran QB, but in a game like Sundays game, the chargers were getting big gains anyways and scoring at will, might as well try something a bit different. If it bites you in the butt, well, you're no worse off !

As long as the offense keeps on putting up 40 points a game we'll win more than we lose

Comment

Working...
                              X