Paymah vs. Foxworth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paymah vs. Foxworth

Why in the world would the coaching staff think it was a good idea to trade foxworth for a measly late rd draft pick and keep Paymah, who hasn't done anything noteworthy in his 3 years as a bronco, and almost cost us the game today with his porous coverage on Chambers?

And dare I say champ is losing a step or two, if not more?

Thanks Snk

Paymah had a case of the Foxies today. That is fo sue. In the end, Foxy would have fared the same or worse. We got a pick for him in place of nothing. I am ok with it.

I do hope to see some Jack MF Williams getting reps this week!

Comment

Because what team in the league woul've even considered trading for Paymah?
      I really like Cheese.

Comment

Man, they are both pretty average..

Comment

I'm sorry, but If Payma is going to do that poorly, what would it hurt to start Jack.

Put Dre back on the out side in nickle situations.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

Foxworth isn't even on this team.

Foxworth can't even crack the starting line-up for a team that needed him

We traded foxworth to get something for him rather than not get anyting for him. Its that simple.. let it go. He's really not that good anyway

Comment

paymah really sucks. i remember in preseason his rookie year, the only time the announcers ever called his number was after saying "pass interference".... but they still called his number on every single pass play. he's never even shown any promise i don't understand why he wasn't cut from the team

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkPanda View Post
                paymah really sucks. i remember in preseason his rookie year, the only time the announcers ever called his number was after saying "pass interference".... but they still called his number on every single pass play. he's never even shown any promise i don't understand why he wasn't cut from the team
                my point exactly...at least Foxworth has made SOME decent plays for us.

Thanks Snk

Comment

Champ isnt losing any step, he's just human, we didn't trade for a robot that is perfect, we got a human being. There is no Paymah>Foxy or Foxy>Paymah, it's Paymah-Foxy, they both sucked, D.Will was the gem there...

Comment

Paymah just looked like he was on an island alone out there. Thing is he got beat up the same way in the pre season. The guy never knows where the ball is and gets turned the wrong way constantly. He is horrible. Keeping him over Foxworth was dumb. And the thing is we got NOTHING in return for Foxworth.
                    Only a fool allows another's opinion to anger him to the point of hurling insults.

Comment

Originally posted by ColRockies_5 View Post
                      Why in the world would the coaching staff think it was a good idea to trade foxworth for a measly late rd draft pick and keep Paymah, who hasn't done anything noteworthy in his 3 years as a bronco, and almost cost us the game today with his porous coverage on Chambers?

And dare I say champ is losing a step or two, if not more?
                      Paymah actually was playing his man coverage more closely than Foxworth was during training camp. There was a reason Foxy led the team in tackles in TC - his man was continually targeted and caught the ball and Foxy was coming up from soft coverage to make the tackle.

The pluses of that soft coverage is that you lay off the man enough that you don't give up the deep ball, but the negative is that the guy can make the short catches and keep the chains moving.

I'm all for being a homer to a point, but lets give credit where credit is due, ok? San Diego has a very tough offense with a future HoF RB and solid, experienced and passionate QB who makes big plays. They played their game and nearly beat us. We probably should have lost the game given the two contested calls and the way we seemed to just lay down in the third quarter. We were unable to bring serious pressure to Rivers, he could pass at will and we gave up big yards in the pass.

But Paymah beat out Foxworth for that nickel slot. Foxworth wasn't ever going to be an elite corner (in the same class with Champ or Dre), no matter how good a guy he is or how much he loved Denver or Darrent or how much he believed he would be starting on nearly any other team.
                      You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aija View Post
                        Paymah just looked like he was on an island alone out there. Thing is he got beat up the same way in the pre season. The guy never knows where the ball is and gets turned the wrong way constantly. He is horrible. Keeping him over Foxworth was dumb. And the thing is we got NOTHING in return for Foxworth.
                        But that's what the Chargers pass offense was designed to do. It was designed to try to force a matchup between one of the Charger's best players against one of our corners who wasn't Dre or Champ.

And Foxworth got beat up in the pre-season the same way. That's the reason Foxy led the team in tackles - he got beat and had to tackle the guy after the catch.

They kept Paymah and traded Foxy because Paymah played better coverage than Foxy.
                        Last edited by rogue719; 09-14-2008, 09:35 PM. Reason: typo
                        You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

haha! what? san diego's future hall of fame runningback was injured and didn't even play most of the game. he had nothing to do with this game

Comment

If you'd rather have Foxworth, you haven't been paying attention......

Comment

Keep in mind, we did play a lot of zone. That's why Paymah was where he was.
                              One thing I do notice about Karl is he seems to be covering the guy real well, except that eh can't get good enough position to knock balls away. he doesn't seem to let nebody get by him, he just can't get in front of them when needed.

Comment

Working...
                              X