Big Offseason Signings Not Impressive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Offseason Signings Not Impressive

The jury is still out on Boss. I kind of liked what I saw from him playing the run. He seemed to be lost in pass coverage though.

Dewayne Robertson seems to still be somewhere in New Jersey with a grand total of 1 tackle in two full games.

Niko himself seems to be held up in Seattle. After failing to win the starting MLB spot that was pretty much handed to him he is proving just as inept on special teams.

Keary Colbert is proving to be a great cheerleader.

With the money we spent on those three guys you would think that we could have gotten one prass rusher or a cover safety.
    Only a fool allows another's opinion to anger him to the point of hurling insults.

I agree with your thoughts on everyone except for Boss Bailey, at least so far.
    I too like what i saw from Boss in the run game which in known to be his weakness so if he can steadily keep improving on that im not worried about his pass coverage cause he is VERY good at that and he was probably shaking off some rust from missing about 3 1/2 weeks...

As of Dewayne Robertson he has been a complete ghost and doesn't look to be that quick fix a lot of us though he would be.

Our front office needs to stop thinking people can resurrect their career's here when it comes to signing FA's

Comment

Yeah wow I totally forgot about Robertson in this game

Comment

Marcus Thomas needs to step up too. For all the talk about him being a potential great, he has done nothing to merit that talk.
        Only a fool allows another's opinion to anger him to the point of hurling insults.

Comment

Geez.. it was Boss's first game....

Why don't you rag on Darrell Jackson too?

Comment

We also only gave up 80 yards on the ground today and that was with one big run by Sproles and did you see what the Raiders did onthe ground against KC. I think our run D is playing great. Again these teams have to throw on us because they are playing from behind. It's also hard to cover halfbacks. And Paymah vs Chambers was a bad mismatch.

Comment

i'd forgotten that colbert was on the team. i highly doubt he will see the field at all for the rest of the season.
              list of wide receivers that are at least twice as good as colbert: marshall, royal, stokely, jackson

Comment

On one hand they must have played well because our run D has been perty good. However, Robertson and Thomas were supposed to be penetrators and they've not done well at that even when teams are in sure pass mode.

Comment

Why give Boss a break.... He was health enough to play, and he got beat for a 67 yard pass... Boss's strength isnt agianst the pass... I am thinking his strength is practice. Cause he showed me nothing agianst SD.....
                  Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

did any of these previous posters watch the game?? d. robertson played great today, yeah i said it, great. just because players dont post stats doesnt mean their not doing their job. do you guys say champ didnt have a good game when he plays such good defense the ball is not thrown to his side of the field, resulting in few tackles and no ints. robertson was the only d lineman today to generate pressure up the middle, he was constentaly shoving san diegos center in the face of rivers.

marcus thomas is underacheiving, not robertson.

but i do think the fatal flaw of this 08 team will be yet again the inability to get a pass rush, plus our blitz schemes are a absolute joke. wheres jim johnson when u need him

Comment

Yes, you said it. Doesn't make it so though. However, I don't think he played poorly by any means. We have to somehow get better pressure on the QB though. And for god's sake get Paymah off the field.

Comment

Originally posted by rc50cal View Post
                        Yes, you said it. Doesn't make it so though. However, I don't think he played poorly by any means. We have to somehow get better pressure on the QB though. And for god's sake get Paymah off the field.
                        Or at least off the #1 wr.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

off season acquisitions:

kout - garbago! cut him, for real. he can go back to seattle and play wide receiver
                          colbert - no play
                          d-jax - i didn't see him... but he caught a td at oak
                          boss - better than what we had. can i get a amen!?
                          d-rob - good. not spectacular, but who expected that?

if i missed somebody, oh well. you get the idea.

this team is obviously beginning to move away from free agency. but there are some voids that can't be filled during the draft and must be addressed through the FA wire.

Comment

I know this is off topic but does anyone else agree that DJ Williams is so much better at his natural position? He looked great today.

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                              Geez.. it was Boss's first game....

Why don't you rag on Darrell Jackson too?

And I would much rather have had jamie out there, we could have saved that money and put it on some Dline help.

And since he didn't rag on Jackson I will, he was a waste of cash too.

Comment

Working...
                              X