Big Offseason Signings Not Impressive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PaperBagBronco View Post
    And I would much rather have had jamie out there, we could have saved that money and put it on some Dline help.

And since he didn't rag on Jackson I will, he was a waste of cash too.
    Jackson was inactive.

Comment

Robertson's job is to hold the line, we just need him to eat up 2 blockers and let our ends and LB's make plays.

If some team down the road thinks they can handle Roberts with 1 O-linemen, then you will see some stats from him.
      Dennis Smith, Simon Fletcher, Steve Atwater, Terrell Davis and Rod Smith all belong in the Hall of Fame.

Comment

I am not impressed with Koutovides or Colbert. Colbert was thought to be #2 and impressive as he was his rookie year at SC Panthers. Robertson though, has generated pressure his direction to open up for a fumble and a sack or two (Fumble by J.Russel OAK. it might have slipped, but he ruched it fearing Elvis. Sack by Engelberger). It's not all stats. Hillis has done good in the run game for example...what kind of stats does he get? I am confident with the Broncos, but I believe they should ask these two players for a pay cut so they can upgrade personel.
        50 Stars and 13 Bars

Comment

denvers offense under shanahan has always used only 3 WR. shanny signed jackson and colbert as insurance policies, in the event that (1) b-marsh missed significant time cuz of his arm or suspension (2) his coveted draft pick, eddie royal, didnt work out (3) any of the top 3 gets hurt and misses time. marshall missed game 1 and jackson came in and scored a TD after breaking a tackle. the point of colbert and jackson is that we have viable options if **** hits the fan. even if they fill in for just one game, and perform well, those signings will be worth it.

Comment

Its only been 2 games, give these guys some time to adjust.....

what about D-Jax, Pitt, Wiegman, Manuel and McCree all have been great so far......
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dwills#1fan27 View Post
              Its only been 2 games, give these guys some time to adjust.....

what about D-Jax, Pitt, Wiegman, Manuel and McCree all have been great so far......
              d-jax, wieg, and pitt... have definitely put in work.

mccree, still has some work to do...

and manuel is an illegal contact or holding penalty away from the bench, huge pass coverage liability.

Comment

Working...
              X