No announcement yet.

The start of a great QB rivalry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've changed my mind about Rivers. (Still don't like him much though )

Last year, out of all the games I watched I never thought Rivers was going to turn out to be anything special, a game manager at most. Some of that may because I didn't see him in every game, and some of it could have been because of the talent around him.

This year he does still have a lot of talent around him, but in all honesty these last 2 games he's been the one picking his team up. I was at the game today, and while Darren Sproles was huge today, I was pretty impressed with how Rivers somehow manages to get rid of the ball to a good target 95% of the time when he's being pressured.

If both of these teams can get reliable and consistent on defense, the Broncos and Chargers both will be in the playoffs for years to come with our extremely gifted QB's.

This rivalry sure should be fun for years to come.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Botan View Post
      I've changed my mind about Rivers. (Still don't like him much though )

Last year, out of all the games I watched I never thought Rivers was going to turn out to be anything special, a game manager at most. Some of that may because I didn't see him in every game, and some of it could have been because of the talent around him.

This year he does still have a lot of talent around him, but in all honesty these last 2 games he's been the one picking his team up. I was at the game today, and while Darren Sproles was huge today, I was pretty impressed with how Rivers somehow manages to get rid of the ball to a good target 95% of the time when he's being pressured.

If both of these teams can get reliable and consistent on defense, the Broncos and Chargers both will be in the playoffs for years to come with our extremely gifted QB's.

This rivalry sure should be fun for years to come.

Agreed. I hate to admit it but Cutler is turning out to be an elite quarterback. I have a feeling that once Brady and Manning start to decline, the two best quarterbacks in the league will be Rivers and Cutler.
      Last edited by LightningBolt; 09-15-2008, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LightningBolt View Post
        Agreed. I hate to admit it but Cutler is turning out to be an elite quarterback. I have a feeling that once Brady and Manning start to decline, the two best quarterbacks in the league will be Rivers and Cutler.
        It is refreshing to hear from both team's fans that these are two good, young QB's.

LB, I haven't seen you around the smack section, but it was getting horrible in there about how Cutler sucks, then Broncos fans firing back.

Some of the Bolt fans on the message board have added to the overall disdain of Bronco fans towards Rivers.

But at the end of the day, they are both pretty good QB's.
        My 2011 adopted poster.........and and

Adopted by: and

Comment

Originally posted by kmcgough25 View Post
          It is refreshing to hear from both team's fans that these are two good, young QB's.

LB, I haven't seen you around the smack section, but it was getting horrible in there about how Cutler sucks, then Broncos fans firing back.

Some of the Bolt fans on the message board have added to the overall disdain of Bronco fans towards Rivers.

But at the end of the day, they are both pretty good QB's.

Yea, I usually post here only when we're going to play the Broncos, but now that your team has gotten good, I'll probably post here a lot more often this season. The smack section, just like the ones on any forum, are meant for unrealistic trash talking. If you go to the Patriots forum they trash Peyton Manning and make him out to be a bad quarterback and if you go to the Indy forum they do the same to Tom Brady. But, of course we all know at the end of the day that those are the two best quarterbacks in the league. Same thing with Jay Cutler and Rivers. We can argue with each other about which one is better, which causes the slandering and such, but at the end of the day we should all recognize that they're two elite young quarterbacks who will only get better from this point onward. It'll be a great rivalry, that's for sure.

Comment

Working...
          X