• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmoney27
    Practice Squad
    • Jan 2007

Champ Bailey

whats wrong with champ bailey. last year he had his injury. but this year im not impressed. its only 2 weeks but he played bad against chargers. and he almost gave up big plays to CURRY.

• SBboundBRONCOS
    some fans are just dumb
    • Mar 2007

people yu need to realize champ or anyone for that matter wil never have the type of season bailey did a few years ago,
    sigpic
    -------

Comment

• StoneyRedneck
      Practice Squad
      • Mar 2008

They were asking a lot of Champ. I think he is a victim of his own success. There were several times in the game he was covering half of the field by himself. He doesn't have any choice but to play soft in that scenario. I would like to see us give him some over the top help more often, so that he has a bit more chances to play the ball.

Comment

• vicious2500
        Bench Warmer
        • Jan 2004

Whats wrong with Champ Bailey is the same thing that wrong with every corner who's on a team with a putrid pass rush. They are stuck covering a WR until the QB decides to throw the ball on the money. Ask Cromo or Jammer how they felt covering Marshall and Royal all day to be gashed since the pass rush didn't get there in time.

No Pressure = Burnt
        sigpic
        PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
        You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

• stnzed
          Banned User
          • Oct 2005

Champ Bailey played a heck of a game, imo, I don't know what you were watching.......actually I do, the long TD.

On that long TD to Chambers he was a fraction of an inch from defending that pass, but the only way he keeps fans off his ass is if he intercepts it and returns it for a TD.

He nailed Jackson for a short gain when he was one his own on an island, I mean there was nobody behind him, but since he gave up a long TD you have zero respect for plays like this that he makes look effortless.

He's got 9 tackles in two games, all of them solo, that's pretty good for a corner.

You get the pleasure of watching a HoFamer play for your team every week *knock on wood*, it's too bad you don't have the good sense to enjoy it.

Gimme a break......

Comment

• stnzed
            Banned User
            • Oct 2005

The only time you notice is when the player doesn't make the play......very sophisticated......

Comment

• C.P.SIMPSON
              Practice Squad
              • Dec 2006

for me
              champ had a good game
              many tackle solo...one error...bad error but only one error

Comment

• CanDB
                Football Immortal
                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by dmoney27 View Post
                whats wrong with champ bailey. last year he had his injury. but this year im not impressed. its only 2 weeks but he played bad against chargers. and he almost gave up big plays to CURRY.
                I love Champ! And even if slips a notch, he's still better than anyone else we have. Like others state, without a pass rush, no one looks great. But Champ is still recognized as the Broncos defensive star, and for good reason.

In that same vein, we should be introducing young faces to our backfield. It won't be the Champ/Bly story for too long. I think we will see a different connection in 09.

Comment

• dmoney27
                  Practice Squad
                  • Jan 2007

he hasnt been playing good. and not because of the chargers game. he just hasnt been the same since the 10 INT season, i know its hard to get 10 in one season but he hasnt been playing well.

i love champ. i know every CB is going to give up plays. but i dont think he is as dominante now as he was before
                  Last edited by dmoney27; 09-15-2008, 08:01 AM.

Comment

• in.the.game
                    Bench Warmer
                    • Jul 2008

they constantly leave bailey on an island and give the qb a week for routes to develop and progression...

corner is probably one of the tougher positions to play cause you are constantly at a disadvantage, and bailey is easily one of the best to do it.

the chambers play went the distance because 1. bailey mis-timed his jump and reach and 2. lowry was late and slow

Comment

• TheMastermind
                      Special Teams
                      • Oct 2005

not pass rush = hell for CB's

seriously why does this topic come up like EVERY week about Champ Bailey? HES THE BEST!

No corner in the league could cover with the lack of pressure from our d-line.....

On and BTW.....the Chargers are a very good offensive team. What did you expect of Bailey? No catches against him? 3 picks in the game? Every team to NOT throw to him (in reality Oakland didnt)?

be serious here.....this is the NFL with stars ALL over the place
                      "I'm also serious when I say: You can't stop Elvis Dumervil; you can only hope to contain him." -Peter King-

sigpic
                      -The best in the business-

Comment

• BroncFanIN
                        Ring of Famer
                        • Jan 2005

Got a question: Whose name was called by the commentators/analyst most during the game, Champ Bailey or Cromartie?
                        Follow up: Who gave up more passes, and was penalized in the backfield on either team...Cromartie or Bailey?

Yes, Bailey was thrown on. Yes, you could tell he was frustrated by those passes being completed.

Bailey is not the weak spot in the backfield. Yesterday, it was Paymah who was the weak spot.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                        -Sean Payton

Comment

• Terrell_Davis
                          Practice Squad
                          • May 2008

Originally posted by BroncFanIN View Post
                          Got a question: Whose name was called by the commentators/analyst most during the game, Champ Bailey or Cromartie?
                          Follow up: Who gave up more passes, and was penalized in the backfield on either team...Cromartie or Bailey?

Yes, Bailey was thrown on. Yes, you could tell he was frustrated by those passes being completed.

Bailey is not the weak spot in the backfield. Yesterday, it was Paymah who was the weak spot.
                          Cromartie didn't practice all week because of a hip injury. I wonder how much that affected him on the field. Even so, I'd say Jammer is definitely their best corner, and I bet a lot of Chugger fans would agree.

Comment

• stnzed
                            Banned User
                            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Terrell_Davis View Post
                            Cromartie didn't practice all week because of a hip injury. I wonder how much that affected him on the field. Even so, I'd say Jammer is definitely their best corner, and I bet a lot of Chugger fans would agree.
                            Not any Charger fans that I've seen, according to the Charger fans around here "Cro" is the best athlete since Bo Jackson and a Top5 player in the entire NFL.

But ya know what, dMoney27? Even if "Cro" and Bailey were Top5 players in the league, they'd still get beat.

Your saying that Champ Bailey isn't even playing "Good" tells me all I need to know about you......thanks for playin......

Comment

• BigMike05
                              Practice Squad
                              • Sep 2006

umm

champ played really. on the deep ball there was supposed to be a safety over the top but he got late as you well see if you watch teh replay and all those one on one tackles he made on a 245 pound WR come on get with it

Comment

Working...
                              X