Update on Eddie Royal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on Eddie Royal?

OK guys I'm glad to see us win that game last night, it was the most exciting Broncos game I have ever seen since the days of Elway tbh...

On to the topic of this thread. After Eddie Royal made the 2pt conversion catch he looked like he was hurt. I went to NFL.com today to look up jay cutlers stats and the highlight for him showed the 2pt conversion and the KOA radio announcer (dave logan?) said "Royal is still down in the back of the Denver endzone"

I came here to see if anyone has any knowledge about his status.

Originally posted by Bigplayshay84 View Post
    OK guys I'm glad to see us win that game last night, it was the most exciting Broncos game I have ever seen since the days of Elway tbh...

On to the topic of this thread. After Eddie Royal made the 2pt conversion catch he looked like he was hurt. I went to NFL.com today to look up jay cutlers stats and the highlight for him showed the 2pt conversion and the KOA radio announcer (dave logan?) said "Royal is still down in the back of the Denver endzone"

He is fine, I saw a post game interview and he said that Stokley knocked the wind out of him when he jumped on him to celebrate. He said he would take that injury any day.

Comment

I think he is fine. He didn't mention he was hurt or anything in any of the interviews I have seen.

If I was him I would lay there too. That was a HUGE play for a rookie to make. I would want to soak that moment in. EDD-IE
      sigpic

Comment

hes fin e

Comment

ok good to know thanks for the replies.

Comment

Stokley injured em, lol...funny story to be honest. Glad our Royal highness is okay, he needs to carve up the Saints secondary with help from his big bro Marshall next week

Comment

Hes out for the season with a broken ribcage

Comment

he's alright.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigplayshay84 View Post

look at the replay of the two point conversion. #42, Clinton Hart, knees Royal right in the ribs...that probably bruised his ribs or knocked his breath out

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

EDDIE ROYAL IS AWESOME!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anikai View Post
                      EDDIE ROYAL IS AWESOME!!
                      yeah but his weakness showed yesterday.

He can't beat physical CB's....he was held to ZERO catches vs. the most physical CB tandem in preseason (Green Bay w/ Woodson & Harris) and he was virtually a non-factor vs. Jammer, who is also a pretty physical cornerback.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post

He can't beat physical CB's....he was held to ZERO catches vs. the most physical CB tandem in preseason (Green Bay w/ Woodson & Harris) and he was virtually a non-factor vs. Jammer, who is also a pretty physical cornerback.
                        D.Hall is a physical CB, So is Aso.What you just said makes no sense

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

I was thinking while it was going on that they were trying to burn the 10 second injury rule. Take 10 seconds off the clock if they don't have a timeout left to get an injured player off the field. I probably have the rule wrong, but I wouldn't put it past Shanny to do that. :lol:
                          Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post

what are you talking about? Rookie recievers rarely make an impact there first year...and royal had 9 and 5 catches against two of the top secondaries in the game....including the game winning touchdown/2pt conversion against SD....i dont see a weekness in that

Comment

Royal wasn't supposed to get a lot of catches this game. I am pretty sure they had wanted it to be Marshall from the start. Royal's worth was in that the Chargers had to think about him.
                              RIP Kenny McKinley and others to suffer a similar fate

You see your world going away
                              You do a lot yet you're down
                              All blind to the good you create
                              Stairs of feeling worthy you fall down

You don't have to always smile
                              I understand, you are only human
                              You gotta open up once in awhile
                              Opening up doesn't make less a man

I just want you to know, my friend
                              No matter what, I'd like to thank you
                              who you are, who you've always been
                              Need an ear, stranger, I'd be glad to