Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colbert Traded! (to the Seahawks) (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TU_HurricaneDB View Post
    True... and just an FYI, I was too slow when I posted so sorry to repeat other comments.

But I have to admit after a long day at work I wouldn't have thought of the profanityfilter which looked like fanny filter when I first read it
    no worries dude...all of us are tired

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by stargazer View Post
      This is what good teams do. Trade players who aren't going to see time on the field for future draft picks.

I couldn't have said this better myself. What has Colbert done in Denver? Nothing.
      We have got a steal if it is a 4th round pick. I still think we got a good deal if it is a 5th round pick.
      sigpicThanks to Freyaka for the sick Sig pic!!

Comment

• I was watching SportCenter and John Clayton said the Seahawks gave us a 5th rounder for him. I don't know if it's true but Clayton generally knows his stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by in.the.game View Post
          http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8...receiver-corps

late round pick... just heard.

great news, getting rid of his cap space, and beefing up the draft!
          think his bonus still counts on our cap though
          The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
          While he sits by his hearth at home.
          Quickly finds when questioned by others .
          That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
            ...they wanted him too be number 2 receiver and gave a huge contract to a guy that did basically nothing in the league

that my friend is a piss poor decision whether you want to admit it or not, much like the signing of Niko, is he the starter we signed him too be . . . nope

nothing negative in my post, facts on the other hand are right there
            Exactly right. They gave him $2.5 million guaranteed and people in Carolina and many in the media had a good laugh about it. The guy can't play. Why we didn't sign someone else at WR for less, such as Bryant Johnson, I'll never understand.

I'm not sure why everyone is so willing to give our FO a free pass. Our two biggest FA acquistions*, Colbert and Niko, have been complete busts. And everyone keeps praising our "last few" drafts. Um, the last I checked the first two picks we made in the 2007 draft aren't looking so good, and those were both DL picks where we really need the help.

That being said, I'm happy with the 5th rounder for a guy who wasn't going to contribute. I'm just glad Shanahan isn't spending my money...
            Last edited by SkinnyTony; 09-16-2008, 07:50 PM. Reason: * forgot about Boss Bailey...

Comment

• I'm not going to take shots at Colbert. He got beat out by Marshall, Jackson, Royal, and Stokely - that's not a list of scrubs. It's not like we ever really gave the guy a chance.

The #1 and #3 spots were locked up when he got here. He was supposed to be our #2 and it's not his fault Eddie Royal turned out to be a machine. Jackson has a more proven track records and was clutch for the Seachickens over the years. Colbert was the odd man out but I'm not going to rag on him for it. Had he gotten a chance on the field (other than just preseason), and stunk it up I'd have gladly jumped on the wagon - he never did. I also never heard a peep from him from being buried on the depth chart. He never ran his mouth like Foxy about how he should be starting. Hell, if the reports are true this "terrible" WR just netted us a higher draft pick than the almighty Foxworth did!

Comment

• Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
                I'm not going to take shots at Colbert. He got beat out by Marshall, Jackson, Royal, and Stokely - that's not a list of scrubs. It's not like we ever really gave the guy a chance.

The #1 and #3 spots were locked up when he got here. He was supposed to be our #2 and it's not his fault Eddie Royal turned out to be a machine. Jackson has a more proven track records and was clutch for the Seachickens over the years. Colbert was the odd man out but I'm not going to rag on him for it. Had he gotten a chance on the field (other than just preseason), and stunk it up I'd have gladly jumped on the wagon - he never did. I also never heard a peep from him from being buried on the depth chart. He never ran his mouth like Foxy about how he should be starting. Hell, if the reports are true this "terrible" WR just netted us a higher draft pick than the almighty Foxworth did!

Excellent points, Horsy. You nailed it. Who would have thought that Royal would have turned out to be such a stud that he did? We picked up Colbert before even drafting Royal. If Royal wouldn't have been the kind of WR he turned out to be, we would be RELYING on Colbert and Jackson for this season. Where does Colber fit in on this team? Over Jackson? Possibly but he was never really EXPECTED to beat out Jackson once Jackson was brought in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                  Excellent points, Horsy. You nailed it. Who would have thought that Royal would have turned out to be such a stud that he did? We picked up Colbert before even drafting Royal. If Royal wouldn't have been the kind of WR he turned out to be, we would be RELYING on Colbert and Jackson for this season. Where does Colber fit in on this team? Over Jackson? Possibly but he was never really EXPECTED to beat out Jackson once Jackson was brought in.
                  I don't disagree completely. But that doesn't change the facts that A) Colbert and Niko were our biggest FA acquistions* and neither panned out, and B) there were better, cheaper options than Colbert available (Johnson, Bryant). Were there no LB's or DL's or S's available in FA that we could have spent the Colbert/Niko $ on? There certainly were, and we could use major help at all of those positions.

*Other than Boss Bailey who I forgot about because he's yet to do anything to make him worth remembering...
                  Last edited by SkinnyTony; 09-16-2008, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• Sweet we got a pick for nothing..... Maybe someone will give up a 6th for Moss....
                    Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by SkinnyTony View Post
                      I don't disagree completely. But that doesn't change the facts that A) Colbert and Niko were our biggest FA acquistions* and neither panned out, and B) there were better, cheaper options than Colbert available (Johnson, Bryant). Were there no LB's or DL's or S's available in FA that we could have spent the Colbert/Niko $ on? There certainly were, and we could use major help at all of those positions.

*Other than Boss Bailey who I forgot about because he's yet to do anything to make him worth remembering...
                      How about Vilma...we could have had him for a second day pick......definatly would have helped......The Dline just needs to be blown up
                      Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

• We got another draft pick for signing a free agent. This couldnt have been done any better if we were playing madden. Good job Broncos

Comment

• Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                          How about Vilma...we could have had him for a second day pick......definatly would have helped......The Dline just needs to be blown up
                          Now we just talked about how we are finlly getting a push up the middle. Our tackles aren't weak.. but they have weak support from the outside and weak support around them. Makes it tough on a DT to make much of an impact if your DEs are handled by a single blocker and you are doubled when needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoStampede View Post
                            We got another draft pick for signing a free agent. This couldnt have been done any better if we were playing madden. Good job Broncos
                            For signing a FA??

Comment

• Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                              no worries dude...all of us are tired
                              everyone was tired? Damn i hate it when people make comments like that as if its a fact, when there is no evidence

Comment

Working...
                              X