Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cliff Russell Takes Colbert's Spot On Roster (Now official) (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    Too bad it didn't work out for him... I kinda wish he could have shown off his first round pick magic...

"shrug"
    He went in the second round, but yeah. This is probably the last thread dedicated to him, unless he pulls a Hixon. So long Colbert. Thanx for the draft pick Seattle.

Comment

Originally posted by dbf07 View Post
      This sounds like good news...
      Does this mean we have an open spot on the roster? If so what defensive posistion can we bring in to help or even a good special teamer.
      I beleive they signed Cliff Russell here is some of his stats for KR:

Kick Returns
      Year Team G No Yds Avg Lg TD 40+
      2002 Washington Redskins 0 0 0 --- 0 0 0
      2003 Washington Redskins 3 0 0 --- 0 0 0
      2004 Cincinnati Bengals 13 39 872 22.4 40 0 1
      2005 Miami Dolphins 2 0 0 --- 0 0 0
      2006 Miami Dolphins 3 0 0 --- 0 0 0
      TOTAL 21 39 872 22.4 40 0 1

Comment

I still liked Martinez more than Russell :-(.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosRockdaRockies View Post
          I beleive they signed Cliff Russell here is some of his stats for KR:

Kick Returns
          Year Team G No Yds Avg Lg TD 40+
          2002 Washington Redskins 0 0 0 --- 0 0 0
          2003 Washington Redskins 3 0 0 --- 0 0 0
          2004 Cincinnati Bengals 13 39 872 22.4 40 0 1
          2005 Miami Dolphins 2 0 0 --- 0 0 0
          2006 Miami Dolphins 3 0 0 --- 0 0 0
          TOTAL 21 39 872 22.4 40 0 1
          LOL at all those 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 and zero's

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
            oh my goodness!! guys please stop whining...WHO GIVES A CRAP! It doesn't matter if it was Cliff Russell, or Glenn Martinez, or even Chad Jackson...they weren't going to play much besides special teams anyway!!

I doubt Cliff Russell catches more than 5 passes this season...so please spare us the whining!!

Blah, blah, blah.

Comment

oh my goodness!! guys please stop whining...WHO GIVES A CRAP! It doesn't matter if it was Cliff Russell, or Glenn Martinez, or even Chad Jackson...they weren't going to play much besides special teams anyway!!

I doubt Cliff Russell catches more than 5 passes this season...so please spare us the whining!!
              Not your thread.

Not your board.

No one really cares if you have a different opinion or want to be confrontational with everyone, but fortunately not everyone shares your opinions or desire to shut down everyone who expresses something differently than you might.

You don't have to read it or respond to it.

Don't expect anyone/everyone to bother responding to your comments as you continue to act like a thug and an @$$.

Comment

Excuse me...

If it doesnt matter, why didnt you go try out?

You must play Madden with injuries turned off?

You may not yet know the importance of depth, but let someone go down for a few plays and let russell come in and drop a pass, then it makes a difference.

BTW I wasnt whining, I made one post about then ate some cereal
                dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

OMG I cannot get over all the people calling out "GetLynched47". I think he must be having a few bad days lately as there are about 10 or so replys telling the ol boy to stick it. LOL~~ Hey buddy if I were you, take a few days off and relax. As another poster just said, "You dont need to respond to EVERYTHING!" ... On second thought.... I like the bashing by everyone on your responses, so keep up the good work and post away...
                  Last edited by Hardbodyaz; 09-17-2008, 03:31 PM.

Comment

enough bickering folks.

Offer opinion on the player picked up, not on each other.

Thanks.
                    sigpic
                    Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                    -Sean Payton

Comment

I agree

Comment

Originally posted by WildHorse View Post
                        Not your thread.

Not your board.

No one really cares if you have a different opinion or want to be confrontational with everyone, but fortunately not everyone shares your opinions or desire to shut down everyone who expresses something differently than you might.

You don't have to read it or respond to it.

Don't expect anyone/everyone to bother responding to your comments as you continue to act like a thug and an @$$.

I don't know if you noticed smart guy...but this thread was MERGED WITH MY THREAD!!!
                        I'm not acting like anything...I'm just posting my opinions while people like you get into other peoples business

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

I don't know if you noticed smart guy...but this thread was MERGED WITH MY THREAD!!!
                          I'm not acting like anything...I'm just posting my opinions while people like you get into other peoples business
                          ho hum.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncFanIN View Post
                            enough bickering folks.

Thanks.
                            ... think someone missed that post

Comment

Originally posted by BroncFanIN View Post
                              enough bickering folks.

Thanks.
                              Gee, thanks Dad/Mom!

They liked Russell. He did pretty well in camp and was getting positive strokes. He did pretty well in preseason and it was thought he might make the team then. He was probably the last WR cut. He knows the system.

I'd rather have the 4/5 draft pick for Colbert, who stood a very good chance of never starting this year, and take the only slightly less talented Russell. Russell will probably play harder on special teams anyway.

Comment

The way we have been drafting since TD.... a 5th or 6th round pick is awesome for him. Also, the comment about depth being a issue, I think our first game showed we can do pretty well if we were to lose a #1, #2 or a #3 reciever without Colbert. Tony Scheff is our #4 imho.

Comment

Working...
                                X