No announcement yet.

Why did Shanny go for TWO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Shanahan still knows that the defense, especially the front 7, is a work in process. They showed some good points, but had no momentum and confidence in the second half. So, might as well take it upon the strength of the team right now - Cutler and the offense.
    Broncos fan at InGameNow.

Comment

I honestly think that Shannahan has more faith in his offense to score the 2pt than his defense to stop the chargers in ot. I think it's a combination of those 2 things.
      I don't believe for a second that he was trying to make up for the bad call that just doesn't make any sense. You can't have sympathy for circumstances like that and be a head coach in the NFL

Comment

I think because he didn't want it to go to overtime and have us get the ball and Marshall have the chance to break Owens 20 catch record. So he knew if he went for 1 that Marshall couldn't have broke it.

Comment

If I remember right the broncos lost a couple of o.t. games last year...where they lost the coin toss and didn't get a chance to touch the ball in o.t........

I think Shanny didn't want that to happen again.......esp......since our defense looks the same this year as last...
          My 3 favorite teams:
          1.The Denver Broncos
          2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
          3.Any team who plays Michigan

Comment

Why did Shanny go for two?
            Because he has balls bigger than King Kong.

Comment

anatomic anamolies aside...

Shanny gave the ball to the person he knew would win the game: Cutler.
              He was completing 65% of his passes, knew the SD defense couldnt stop us...so we went for the win.

In the press conference post game (shown partially last night on NFL Replay), he said it was a "gut decision."
              sigpic
              Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
              -Sean Payton

Comment

ever heard of the old saying: "Going for a tie is like kissing your sister"?

Comment

Because the finger he wanted to show Norv Turner would have gotten him $50,000 worth of fines.

Comment

I think it was two things I think he had faith in JC and his offensive weapons like stokley, Marshall and Royal and he also had a gut feeling. whatever his reasons behind it well it worked out and we won the game, I stopped questioning his play calling when we won the first SB.
                    GO Broncos!!

Comment

Why Shanny went for 2.

T777
                      "When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being mistaken, or cease being honest." -anonymous

Comment

I was just scared crapless when he made that decision. I personally think he had no faith in the defense (in a game like this, most people wouldn't).

Regardless, he got it. All that matters.

sigpic

Comment

NONE OF THE ABOVE

Shannahan went for it because he wanted to win so bad he could taste it. Both he and Cutler believed they could win the game. He didn't want to leave the game up to chance when they had an opportunity to win it.

I don't think I have ever seen Shannahan show the kind of emotion that he demonstrated when the 2 point conversion was successful.
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                            NONE OF THE ABOVE

Shannahan went for it because he wanted to win so bad he could taste it. Both he and Cutler believed they could win the game. He didn't want to leave the game up to chance when they had an opportunity to win it.

I don't think I have ever seen Shannahan show the kind of emotion that he demonstrated when the 2 point conversion was successful.
                            So true. He usually doesnt get that excited.

sigpic
                            \

Comment

Gut Feeling, his gut told him to trust the offense and he did. Besides, you just had a terrible misplay go your way. Why not test your luck even more.

Comment

Working...
                              X