No announcement yet.

2008 Broncos vs 1997 Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as Oline, Until Cutler actually gets sacked (for real not just statistically) then I cannot put any Oline above this one.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by HidEmu View Post
      Our defense sucks, we are not going to win the superbowl
      my dear friend...
      lets give the guys a shot....

they are better than last year...
      now they need to change the scheme.... for sure..
      thats why SD scores in last 6 posessions last game...

lets give them a shot...

2 more games and i will say with you...
      our D SUCKS !!

Regards.
      a new football ERA

Comment

In my opinion the 98 team was better than the 97 team.
        sigpic

Comment

The RB's are not even comparable
          Go Broncos, Lakers, Angels!

Comment

UM the 97-98 team was better at almost every offensive position. It had 2 HoFers and 3 more maybes. This team may end up being great but lets not get carried away.
            if man is 5 and jay cutler is 6 then that must make john elway 7

Comment

I must admit though, there were a few plays that had me jumping up and down shouting "That's how we used to do it!" Like the toss to Young and then his cutback run shortly after that.

Comment

I dont mind this thread ...

I made the mistake of asking on paper which team is better just to get an idea to see how others felt ...Boy that was a mistake fans was all over it ....The '97 Broncos despite the Chiefs was one of the best teams in NFL history imo and could play all the historic teams and finish with a winning record ...No matter what team you root for I dont now how the Broncos could not be on everyones top 10 all time teams...Once the '98 team had that super bowl bravado they just dominated everyone...
                :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Originally posted by Unoriginal View Post
                  I must admit though, there were a few plays that had me jumping up and down shouting "That's how we used to do it!" Like the toss to Young and then his cutback run shortly after that.
                  The announcer said cant you see Terrell Davis ....I said No back to the TV....I like Selvin Young but he still has the tendency to head to the outside and not up field...I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you here the play was very nice to see and it did bring back some memories ...
                  :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Originally posted by SlyBronco View Post
                    Or maybe we can go back in time, and combined the to teams some how. So who would you start, Cutler or Elway. What WR's. No question on RB's or CB's or Safety. LB's?
                    If I could take a 3 season old John Elway I'd start him, but I'd think I'd have to take Jay Cutler with 14 seasons left in him rather than Elway with just 1-2.

WR's.... I'd have to take ours right now.

I'd take the 97 O-Line and D-Line

I'd take the 97 LB's except for DJ, I'd start him.

I'd take the 97 corners except start champ.

I'd take the 97 safeties.

Comment

Originally posted by AirForceBronco View Post
                      Is this the new face of this years Superbowl? What are your thoughts? Lets look at the offensive lineup between the 2008 Broncos and the 1997 Superbowl champ Broncos...

1997: 2008:
                      Elway QB Cutler
                      McCaffery/Smith WR Marshall/Stokley/Royal
                      Sharpe TE Scheffler
                      Davis RB Young

So what are everyones thoughts? I think the only real lean to the 1997 team is at running back but i think this years team would give the '97 team a run for their money. Let the discussions begin...
                      Both teams had/have very explosive players that can make plays. I think 2008 Broncos can be better, but its too early in the season to know. One thing that the 1997 team had was a defense. 2008 Bronx better play ALOT better to be compareable to the 1997 Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                        If I could take a 3 season old John Elway I'd start him, but I'd think I'd have to take Jay Cutler with 14 seasons left in him rather than Elway with just 1-2.

WR's.... I'd have to take ours right now.

I'd take the 97 O-Line and D-Line

I'd take the 97 LB's except for DJ, I'd start him.

I'd take the 97 corners except start champ.

I'd take the 97 safeties.
                        Can you imagine this team with TD back at his prime and the defense we had then with the addition of Doom, DJ, and Champ? Garaunteed undefeated season without question

Comment

Working...
                        X