Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Year Brewing..now Sanders is down for a bit

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

I have a strange feeling that this year may be totally up for grabs, based on injuries and other developments. What that can translate to is, any team who is close to being in the hunt has a real shot.

With stars like Brady and Merrimann, arguably the best offence and defensive players in the game, both gone for 08, and injuries to people like Sanders, and possibly Ben R, Manning (not sure if he's healthy), and many more, one can only wonder what else is apt to transpire, given we've only played 2 games. The good teams will survive most of these "hits", because they are better rounded and have solid depth. But how much can you absorb?

I've seen over my many years how every once in a while a championship team was not a great team, but survived the elements. Teams walk away wondering how it all happened. Those seasons are rare, but they will occur. And it's not to say the team didn't deserve it, because they came together at the right time, and they still had to win the games.

So for me, the Broncos are in a reasonably good position to go far this year. Probably not all the way, but who knows?

I think sanders was hurt a lot of the time the Colts went to the SB too. When are people going to start labeling this guy injury prone?

Comment

I think the year is setting up for Buffalo to finally win a super bowl (before we begin our run next year)
      Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by AC1 View Post
        I think the year is setting up for Buffalo to finally win a super bowl (before we begin our run next year)
        Hmmmm.... I don't see it.. but MAYBE. I see Pittsburgh being the team in the AFC right now. Roth isn't that hurt, and their offense/defense is looking good.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
          I think sanders was hurt a lot of the time the Colts went to the SB too. When are people going to start labeling this guy injury prone?
          I agree he is injury prone. But when he comes to play, he brings it. Thats why no one says anything about it.

Comment

Hmmmm.... I don't see it
            I was only kidding of course (though I can't think of another franchise that deserves a championship more than they do; seriously 4 AFC championships and 0 Super Bowls, not to mention that weather they endure )

However, aren't they looking like the most balanced, non-injured team right now? I think Dallas is over-rated, Pittsburgh might have an injured QB, Indy and Jax don't have an OL, Philly doesn't have receivers, and I don't want to jinx my team (though if the defense gets settled in Slowik's scheme and Torain plays to expectations...)
            Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

definitely opens up things for teams like the Broncos.

Reminds me of 99, after Elway retired and there were no clear cut teams that where way above the rest. Baltimore won with Dilfer at QB

I’m not saying “championship”, but circumstances are what they are right now, this is a year where the SB really is up for grabs.

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                definitely opens up things for teams like the Broncos.

Reminds me of 99, after Elway retired and there were no clear cut teams that where way above the rest. Baltimore won with Dilfer at QB

I’m not saying “championship”, but circumstances are what they are right now, this is a year where the SB really is up for grabs.
                Glad you see it the same. I don't know what is, call it gut feeling (which many of the posters will chastise me for even considering that as a means to forecast anything), but I sensed something strange this year, even before Brady went down. Same feeling I had about the Pats last year, that they may go to the big game, but lose a close one. I'll have to eat my words now that I've mentioned this whole thing...not like anyone's going to remember, right??

Now this doesn't mean we will win, but we have more of a chance then we did a month or so ago.

Then again, I'm not just excited about this year. I'm seriously looking forward to next year's offseason transactions already!!!!

Comment

I think the Colts can get along without ole Sanders, while he is an impact player we all have to remember that this guy is has serious injury problems. As long as Freeney and Mathis are healthy... the Colts D will be ok.

They wont be as stout and will give up points but from what I have always seen from the Colts is great pass rush allowing marginal athletes to look like great athletes.

Comment

The way it's going this year,team depth is going to even be more critical than normal. Players are going out at an alarming rate, and we've only played 2 games.

Comment

The only thing that might hurt the Broncos chances is injuries. What would we do if Cutler gets hurt?(knock on wood) If this thing's up for grabs, then we have to fight for it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AC1 View Post

hahahaha I would start with a sub 500 season first. Buffalo just figured out who their starting QB was in camp this year. Wait until they play a team who can stop the run. Buffalo will pull a Detroit this year.
                        Last edited by rst08tierney; 09-17-2008, 09:31 AM.

Comment

I really don't understand why the Colts made an injury prone player the highest paid S in the game. He's played an entire season once.
                          sigpic
                          PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
                          You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

Wow, and people thought we had it bad last year. That was nothing compared to the COlts and Seahawks situation.

Comment

He was a key reason the Colts went to the SB and won. Injury prone or not, he did his job.

Comment

Working...
                              X