Strange Year Brewing..now Sanders is down for a bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vicious2500 View Post
    I really don't understand why the Colts made an injury prone player the highest paid S in the game. He's played an entire season once.
    Because when he's in the game, he's a beast. He can cover and can deliver the big hits. He make that D 100% better, it's rare to find those kinds of guys. Look what happend when Al Wilson left, we are still struggling after the loss of Big Al. It's hard to replace the heart of your Defense.

The AFC really is up for grabs, but I don't see it as a cake walk. Once Peyton get's 100%, the Colts should start contending again. The Bills look very strong, the Steelers are looking good as usual, and the Broncos are a offensive power house. But the Patroits still look to be good if they keep their run game strong and let their D rest. It's been awhile since the AFC has really been up for grabs.

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
      hahahaha I would start with a sub 500 season first. Buffalo just figured out who their starting QB was in camp this year. Wait until they play a team who can stop the run. Buffalo will pull a Detroit this year.
      Isn't Jacksonville considered one of the best run-defenses in the league?

Originally posted by stargazer View Post
      He was a key reason the Colts went to the SB and won. Injury prone or not, he did his job.
      It looks like this season might be similar for them. He came back in time for the playoffs that year and their run-defense went from being dead-last to pretty good. It's amazing how much difference that one guy made.
      Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by kratos_godofwar View Post
        Because when he's in the game, he's a beast. He can cover and can deliver the big hits. He make that D 100% better, it's rare to find those kinds of guys..
        AP Defensive Player of the Year ...

Some big names have went down early this season...Tom Brady,Shawn Merriman ...The injury bug always happens..each year is about the same just a different name of the player...Some teams and coaches can handle it and are great at getting the backup ready to step up and others not so much....Teams that ardy have a winning identity overcome it much better then teams that are trying to build one....As Kratos posted already some players are the strength of a teams defense even though that team mite have good players across the board that 1 player takes them from good to great or from great to one of the best ...

The AFC has been on lock down pretty much by the same teams for awhile now Colts,Patriots,Steelers ...Then more recently the Chargers as well.I see the AFC East and West having a new divison winner this year....

The one thing I have been thinking the last few days is the balance of power starting to swing back to the NFC

Will the NFC unless it's a surprise type team be favored in the Super Bowl ?
        :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Seems like Bob Sanders gets injured every year, that's not "strange", that's just how you know it's football season......

Comment

Originally posted by LarryDean View Post
            AP Defensive Player of the Year ...

Some big names have went down early this season...Tom Brady,Shawn Merriman ...The injury bug always happens..each year is about the same just a different name of the player...Some teams and coaches can handle it and are great at getting the backup ready to step up and others not so much....Teams that ardy have a winning identity overcome it much better then teams that are trying to build one....As Kratos posted already some players are the strength of a teams defense even though that team mite have good players across the board that 1 player takes them from good to great or from great to one of the best ...

The AFC has been on lock down pretty much by the same teams for awhile now Colts,Patriots,Steelers ...Then more recently the Chargers as well.I see the AFC East and West having a new divison winner this year....

The one thing I have been thinking the last few days is the balance of power starting to swing back to the NFC

Will the NFC unless it's a surprise type team be favored in the Super Bowl ?
            As most will say, it's a bit early to predict, but I feel right now we may actually have balance between the AFC and NFC, which is a good thing. And The NFC has 3 strong divisions including the powerful East (Giants, Dallas, Philadelphia and even Washington), The South (Carolina, New Orleans and Tampa), and even The North (GreenBay, Minnesota and Chicago). So yes, the NFC is back and its bold, and the AFC will have its hands full this year.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              As most will say, it's a bit early to predict, but I feel right now we may actually have balance between the AFC and NFC, which is a good thing. And The NFC has 3 strong divisions including the powerful East (Giants, Dallas, Philadelphia and even Washington), The South (Carolina, New Orleans and Tampa), and even The North (GreenBay, Minnesota and Chicago). So yes, the NFC is back and its bold, and the AFC will have its hands full this year.
              Hypothectily..I think if any of the NFC East teams noted make it..The only AFC teams that mite be favored would the Colts and Steelers thats without knowing how the season will play out and if any AFC team establishes itself as a favorite both the Steelers and Colts would probably be the avg fans opinion..I dont mind the balance at all...The only time though I would not root for the AFC in the super bowl is if the Raiders and Patriots was the AFC team...
              :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Originally posted by LarryDean View Post
                Hypothectily..I think if any of the NFC East teams noted make it..The only AFC teams that mite be favored would the Colts and Steelers thats without knowing how the season will play out and if any AFC team establishes itself as a favorite both the Steelers and Colts would probably be the avg fans opinion..I dont mind the balance at all...The only time though I would not root for the AFC in the super bowl is if the Raiders and Patriots was the AFC team...
                Hey LD......you've got a partner here when it comes to the Raiders and the Patriots........on the other side, I don't cheer for the Cowboys - unless they're playing the 2 aforementioned AFC teams.

Comment

Originally posted by AC1 View Post
                  I think the year is setting up for Buffalo to finally win a super bowl (before we begin our run next year)
                  The Bills... really?

I mean better than the cowboys, but I don't need anyone else around here thinking their team is blessed by the gods... like the giants fans.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hey LD......you've got a partner here when it comes to the Raiders and the Patriots........on the other side, I don't cheer for the Cowboys - unless they're playing the 2 aforementioned AFC teams.
                    I would rather see Oakland win a SB any year than Dallas.

Hell I would root for them and wear silver and black if it means Tony **** embarrassing him self in the superbowl.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Armada View Post
                      I would rather see Oakland win a SB any year than Dallas.

Hell I would root for them and wear silver and black if it means Tony **** embarrassing him self in the superbowl.
                      Hey B_A,

I have my reasons, but it made me throw up a bit to admit that I'd pull for the Cowboys...maybe I just wouldn't watch a game between Oakland and Dallas in case one of them won.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                        I think sanders was hurt a lot of the time the Colts went to the SB too. When are people going to start labeling this guy injury prone?
                        Dude is a baller when on the field. Straight up, sure he's "injury prone", but unlike the other "injury prone" people he brings it.

Comment

Hey B_A,

I have my reasons, but it made me throw up a bit to admit that I'd pull for the Cowboys...maybe I just wouldn't watch a game between Oakland and Dallas in case one of them won.
                          if it was a regular season game, I would root for a tie...

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket View Post
                            Dude is a baller when on the field. Straight up, sure he's "injury prone", but unlike the other "injury prone" people he brings it.
                            Watching him play at Iowa, he was a beast and a real leader. He just has an extreme work ethic and knows what it takes...Sure he's prone to injury, but he's a good leader, hard-hitting, a play-maker, and a good teammate. I'd love it if we had a safety like him, even if it was for half of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                              I think sanders was hurt a lot of the time the Colts went to the SB too. When are people going to start labeling this guy injury prone?

Way ahead of you bro. Hes a great player but cant stay on the field. The guys never seen all 16 games. Hes played in 6, 14, 4, 15, and now 2 games since he came into the league in 04. Granted he came in for the last 4 games of 06 and played the entire post season when the Colts won the Superbowl but he is extremely injury prone. His career has a shelf life of maybe 2 or 3 more years before he injures himself out of the league.

Comment

Working...
                              X