X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moss Will Play Vs. Saints

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...s/?partner=RSS

ENGLEWOOD — The Broncos are done saying, “No Moss.”

When the team plays host to the New Orleans Saints on Sunday, former No. 1 draft pick Jarvis Moss is expected to make his 2008 debut after two weeks of being declared inactive as a healthy scratch.

“I’m going to get myself ready this week and practice like I’ve never practiced and watch film like I’ve never watched film,” Moss said Wednesday. “And I plan on having a big game.”

Throughout training camp, Moss filled a pass-rushing role in nickel situations. Facing run-heavy teams like Oakland and San Diego to open the season might have factored heavily in the decision to keep him in street clothes on game day. But at the same time, in obvious passing situations, the Broncos have struggled to apply consistent pressure.

The thought seems to be that Moss could be a pick-me-up if he can throw down Saints quarterback Drew Brees, who spearheads the NFL’s No. 7 pass offense.

“My goals haven’t changed at all,” said Moss, who said in training camp his goal is eight sacks this season. “It’s my first game, three weeks in, and I need to get it started right now. That’s something that helps me on Sundays is that drive, that no one can stop me.”

Actually, the coaches were able to pull the plug long before the weekend. The call to sit Moss hurt him personally both weeks but especially last Sunday, when he flew people into town to watch him not play.

Moss said he must abide by what is decided, and he does, especially since the Broncos are off to a 2-0 start without him.

But he doesn’t have to like it.

“It’s kind of personal,” he said. “I want to prove to everybody that I should be playing every single week.”

Even though the coaches kept him informed of their plans the past couple of weeks, it didn’t make Moss feel any better once the decision was made to bench him.

“It’s tough,” Moss said. “You kind of feel like people don’t believe in you or think they can’t count on you. I know that’s not the case. They wouldn’t have picked me where they did if they didn’t have faith in me and just get ready to call quits on me so soon. I know my coaches believe in me. That’s why I’ve got this opportunity this week.”

It's about time...now he better show us something

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

I think this is good news?

Comment

I just hope he is not the bust that everyone has him out to be....
      sigpic

Comment

I like the optimism but if all I see is him trying to bull-rush, I will be a Moss hater for life.

Ive said it before, he needs to use his speed and moves to get to the QB. He needs to have that passionate mentality that he'll get the QB as any cost and I haven't seen it.

Good luck bro prove us doubters wrong... please prove us wrong.

Comment

I think this is a great idea. We *NEED* pressure on Brees or else it could be bad... our D has not held up their end of the bargain YET. I think they will get better, but still need a lot of work.

I just hope this isn't another start out 6-0 and end up 9-7 or something. Start strong, FINISH strong.

Comment

Moss is talking a big game right now
            sigpic

Comment

Could be a great plan.

Sit him down for 2 weeks, let him get real mad, then unleash him on the Saints. Shanny might be on to something here.
              Dennis Smith, Simon Fletcher, Steve Atwater, Terrell Davis and Rod Smith all belong in the Hall of Fame.

Comment

I hope SO much that he just comes out and dominates, gets two sacks and gets a big tackle against Reggie Bush.

And I am going to sincerely believe that he can until the game is over on Sunday, because he is a Broncos player and I want to see him succeed.

Here's to a GREAT game Jarvis! Show us why you should be out there! Prove some people wrong!
                sigpic

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by AWT View Post
                  Could be a great plan.

Sit him down for 2 weeks, let him get real mad, then unleash him on the Saints. Shanny might be on to something here.
                  Yeah I wish it were that easy.

Man I really hope he proves himself. I'm going to be at that game so I hope to see him blow up on Brees.

Comment

I doubt Jarvis Moss is even going to get his name called by the announcers.

Jarvis is in my doghouse

We need another good pass rusher on the other side of DOOM
                    sigpic

Comment

Well well, hopefully Jarvis comes out swinging mad and creates something in the form of a pass rush! Shanny is a very good motivator imo and there is nothing worse than seeing your best friend on a date with your wife. Hopefully this is the kick in the pants he needed!
                      " A kickers success is dependent upon his teams failure"...by SorryAss ChargerFans

Comment

Hmm, looks like I was right.
                        See post #19
                        http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...=121828&page=2

Comment

I actually have faith in this guy, he is a big time talent comming out of the SEC and i think the injury bug slowed his progression into the NFL last season, he missed half the year and that really hurt him, plus the bates was running him in at DT and stupid crap like that, but if he is healthy i really think this guy can turn the corner for us, hopfully he starts it off this weekend.
                          "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AWT View Post
                            Could be a great plan.

I can smell the fear in the Saints locker room right now when they found out the news that the Broncos will be "unleashing" Moss on them.

ROFL, or is that the stank breath from all the laughter.

Comment

Originally posted by cutler7624 View Post
                              I doubt Jarvis Moss is even going to get his name called by the announcers.

Jarvis is in my doghouse

We need another good pass rusher on the other side of DOOM
                              Why is he in your dog house? Because he didnt play? Moss might just be that pass rush that comes in with Doom and actually applies pressure.
                              sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
                              SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Working...
                              X