Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Denver Residents Set this Date on Calender!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Denver Residents Set this Date on Calender!!!!

    Set this date on calendar before it is here and other plans are already made!!!!

    Drive For Life
    Drive For Life Community Blood Drive in partnership with Bonfils Blood Center.

    Since 1998, The Denver Broncos Community Blood Drive, Drive for Life, has been held on a Tuesday during the football season at INVESCO Field at Mile High. Working in conjunction with Bonfils Blood Center, Drive for Life has grown into one of Denver's best Broncos traditions with record numbers of donors helping to bolster Colorado's blood supply just in time for the difficult winter months. "Drive for Life" has become the largest single-day blood drive in the history of Colorado and one of the largest in the nation.



    2008 Event: Drive for Life XI is Tuesday, October 7th from 7am-7pm at INVESCO Field at Mile High!

    2008 Update: The Denver Broncos and Bonfils Blood Center have created the Broncos Country Donor Club to reward first-time donors at DFLX for continuing to donate when eligible throughout 2008 up until DFLXI. Incentives will be provided each time an eligible Donor Club member successfully donates blood and helps saves lives.

    2007 Event: Nearly 2,700 (2,674) donors, including 464 first-time donors, attended the state’s largest blood drive on Tuesday, October 2nd and donated 1,631 units of blood to support patients in need. Bonfils' Colorado Marrow Donor Program was also successful in registering 140 potential marrow donors to the National Marrow Donor Registry. Blood Drive Attracts First-Timers

    Lets make this the best drive yet!!!!!!!!!!!

  • #2
    I could not agree more!!!
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

    Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      I have the day off already. And between going to the Broncos game on October 5th and going to the Drive for Life on October 7th, I'll be at Invesco 2 times in three days.
      Last year was my first time donating blood, ever. So I am a member of the Denver Broncos donor group. Through it I have gotten a sign picture of Daniel Graham, a Broncos Country Flag, and a Broncos t-shirt. I am also got to meet Jay! (Well, I shook his hand and got two things autographed, but still, I met him.)
      I was one of those 464 people and I'm looking forward to donating.

      Comment


      • #4
        Im scared of needles
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by CutlersKilla006 View Post
          Im scared of needles
          lol Awwww cmon Killa!!! Just think of that life you could save by overcoming your fear? No i do understand if you cannot make it! but if being scared of needles is the only reason well you better get your booty up there hahahahaha.

          Comment


          • #6
            Man....I got shut down last year. Because I was stationed in Europe in the 80's. They won't take my blood because of mad cow disease issues that surfaced back in the day.
            sigpic
            Victory Red 2010 2SS/RS (SuperSport w/Rally Sport package).

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by CutlersKilla006 View Post
              Im scared of needles
              Get over it and go. If you're here in Colorado that is. It was a great experience and I met quite a few players. It was cool. Besides that, you get to meet a lot of different Broncos fans.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BroncosRockdaRockies View Post
                Set this date on calendar before it is here and other plans are already made!!!!

                Drive For Life
                Drive For Life Community Blood Drive in partnership with Bonfils Blood Center.

                Since 1998, The Denver Broncos Community Blood Drive, Drive for Life, has been held on a Tuesday during the football season at INVESCO Field at Mile High. Working in conjunction with Bonfils Blood Center, Drive for Life has grown into one of Denver's best Broncos traditions with record numbers of donors helping to bolster Colorado's blood supply just in time for the difficult winter months. "Drive for Life" has become the largest single-day blood drive in the history of Colorado and one of the largest in the nation.



                2008 Event: Drive for Life XI is Tuesday, October 7th from 7am-7pm at INVESCO Field at Mile High!

                2008 Update: The Denver Broncos and Bonfils Blood Center have created the Broncos Country Donor Club to reward first-time donors at DFLX for continuing to donate when eligible throughout 2008 up until DFLXI. Incentives will be provided each time an eligible Donor Club member successfully donates blood and helps saves lives.

                2007 Event: Nearly 2,700 (2,674) donors, including 464 first-time donors, attended the state’s largest blood drive on Tuesday, October 2nd and donated 1,631 units of blood to support patients in need. Bonfils' Colorado Marrow Donor Program was also successful in registering 140 potential marrow donors to the National Marrow Donor Registry. Blood Drive Attracts First-Timers

                Lets make this the best drive yet!!!!!!!!!!!


                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BUMP

                Comment


                • #9
                  Bump Thread

                  Just Bumping

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Denver Residents Set this Date on Calendar

                    I have never donated blood before. But I definitely will be going this year. I have a couple of questions about how the Broncos Blood Drive works. Can I bring my baby son with me or can only the blood donor come? Also, are the same players there all day or do they rotate? I really would like to get something autographed by Jay Cutler for my son, but I am not sure what time to go. Thanks for all the information on the blood drive.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by stingcold View Post
                      I have never donated blood before. But I definitely will be going this year. I have a couple of questions about how the Broncos Blood Drive works. Can I bring my baby son with me or can only the blood donor come? Also, are the same players there all day or do they rotate? I really would like to get something autographed by Jay Cutler for my son, but I am not sure what time to go. Thanks for all the information on the blood drive.
                      http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...contentID=9115

                      On this link is the Blood Bank name and more info i could not get the answer so i am sure if you call the blood bank or even the Staff @ Invesco they could probabaly lead you in the right Direction!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by stingcold View Post
                        I have never donated blood before. But I definitely will be going this year. I have a couple of questions about how the Broncos Blood Drive works. Can I bring my baby son with me or can only the blood donor come? Also, are the same players there all day or do they rotate? I really would like to get something autographed by Jay Cutler for my son, but I am not sure what time to go. Thanks for all the information on the blood drive.
                        Last year there was couple there who had their two week old son with them. I remember them because they were right in front of me when Jay was doing autographs. Jay even held their son (it was the sweetest thing ever, in my eyes anyway). So of course the mom didn't donate, but the dad did. And there were tons of underage (under 18) kids there. So, yeah, you can bring your baby but probably not into the donation area.
                        Players rotate. You've gotta keep an ear out for any hints as to who might possibly show up when. And if your in line when the person you want shows up, don't leave it. Last year when I heard that Jay would be there around 1 or 1:30. I was determined to meet him, so I stayed even though I could have late to work because of it.
                        I'll be going all day, so I can't help you on what time you should go.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Denver Residents Set this Date on Calendar

                          Thanks to BroncosRockdaRockies and I_Only_Like_Jay for your help. To I_Only_Like_Jay, do they kick you out once you give blood and get autographs, or can you stay and keep getting in line until you get the player you want? I am willing to stay and wait to get Cutler;s autograph for my son. Thanks to everyone for their help.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BroncosRockdaRockies View Post
                            lol Awwww cmon Killa!!! Just think of that life you could save by overcoming your fear? No i do understand if you cannot make it! but if being scared of needles is the only reason well you better get your booty up there hahahahaha.
                            Ohhh fine! haha. Ill warn everyone now, every time I get a simple finger poke I pass out..so Id expect Id do the same from giving blood.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Cutty6006 View Post
                              Ohhh fine! haha. Ill warn everyone now, every time I get a simple finger poke I pass out..so Id expect Id do the same from giving blood.
                              You'll be psyched about the whole thing that you'll forget the needles. Just go, who cares if you pass out. You get to help the community and meet some players in the process. Plus, the cheerleaders are there too. (For those who want to see them.)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X