Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upon further review, it has to be the coaching!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Orale Holmes View Post
    We can't expect much from our Defense if there are only an average of 3 guys rushing the QB at a time. Its logic...we need to press and press hard. We'll see some bugs worked out, I think Slowik had an idea of New Orleans running screens on us. Looks like we picked most of those up, we just need better press.
    agreed more guys in the pass rush and bump/man coverage would slow things down a little I think....totally amateur opinion though on my part

Comment

Originally posted by seanlust View Post
      If he said that then Shanny and the rest of the coaches are IDIOTS
      LOL ok man, you know everything, You would clearly be a better coach then Mike if he said that.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

We need a guy in denver like jim johnson, did you see what they did to the steelers? i think they had like 8 sacks!
        sigpic

Comment

It is the coaching. At least the Defensive Line coach. We can never get pressure. What types of techniques are being taught in practice? They aren't working.. All I see is bull rush, bull rush. Did anybody see any stunts? Probably not considering that we were only rushing 3 damn lineman.

I think we have one of the worst Defensive Line coach in the NFL

Comment

Originally posted by lolad View Post
            It is the coaching. At least the Defensive Line coach. We can never get pressure. What types of techniques are being taught in practice? They aren't working.. All I see is bull rush, bull rush. Did anybody see any stunts? Probably not considering that we were only rushing 3 damn lineman.

I think we have one of the worst Defensive Line coach in the NFL
            That three man front would be the DC, not the line coach. And we did run a couple of stunts.
            sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
            SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Originally posted by draco193 View Post
              That three man front would be the DC, not the line coach. And we did run a couple of stunts.
              I'm not blaming the DL coach for the 3 man front. I am blaming him for not preparing our DL with the required techniques to effectively create pressure on the QB in a 4 man rush

Comment

[B]It is easy to pass the buck and blame the coaching staff, but if the players are not excuting their pass coverage it forces coaches to go to zone defense time and time again. I don't agree with a 3 man rush, but I feel our defensive problems are more than coaching. We need more players on defense to step up and not play so soft in their zones.Flat out are pass defense must get more agressive. Just my oppionion.[B]
                Broncos all the way!

Comment

That's okay with me. Robertson should be used very limited until next season. LOL, that means not losing any draft picks. Don't think this isn't a factor when it comes to his playtime.

Anyone expecting a great defense this year are kidding themselves. No threat at saftey and a few DE's that need to start right now and play for the future regardless if they aren't strong against the run. The D is already bad as it is, what would be wrong with adding in some youth at our struggling postions. Moss or Crowder is an improvement over Engleberger and Abdullah IMO is much better than Manuel.

Comment

Yeah I think it's a combination of having no pass rushers up front and our D-coordinator is no doing well either. Honestly I didn't think this was a superbowl team this year anyways we need to just work to get better players and have better drafts. I'm not sure what to do about the cordination though.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                      Ok so if he's getting doubled then where is thomas?
                      Thomas is that guy getting pushed out of the play or pancaked.

Comment

Originally posted by premier-ace55 View Post
                        Yeah I think it's a combination of having no pass rushers up front and our D-coordinator is no doing well either. Honestly I didn't think this was a superbowl team this year anyways we need to just work to get better players and have better drafts. I'm not sure what to do about the cordination though.
                        Shanahan has pretty much made the defense the way it is with his 'Wheel of D-Coordinators' he's spun for the past 6 years.

Since firing Robinson in 2002, this team has gone through 4 defensive coordinators, only one of which lasted three seasons (Coyer from 2004-2006). You can't build any consistency when you rotate coaches like that. And when you are as totally inept at finding and keeping legitimate pass rushers as Denver has been from 2004 on, you're not going to have a stable defense.

So Denver is in a conundrum with Slowik. On one hand, I do believe there are serious coaching deficiencies I'm seeing on the field thus far, and that falls squarely on him, especially if you look at his track record. On the other hand, he has no credible defensive line to work with, and firing him will likely just create more inconsistency with the defense.

I don't know how you fix it, really. Just keep stock piling draft picks and hope you land a couple of more credible defensive ends. Outside of that? We're pretty much betting everything on the offense.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X